B

bruin62

Audioholic
Ratings
I think the projector I am leaning towards is the new epson 4010 which is even on sale in Canada for 2300. The only thing is it is hard to find reviews on it and the only place you can buy it is Staples or epson.ca

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Spartan
Ratings
1,846 2
You should read reviews of the Epson 4000. The 4010 is not going to be much better than the 4000. That said, the 4000 is supposed to be a fairly solid model. Excellent lens shift and zoom range which is nice. Weak 10.2Gb/s HDMI input.

I would be hard pressed to get it over the DLP models which definitely have sharper resolution and full 18Gb/s HDMI connections. The Optoma UHD51A would be where I would lean on a cheap 4K projector today, but I believe the Epson may deliver better black levels. Not sure what has been put forth as head-to-head comparisons of those two models.

Always worth looking for a B-stock JVC RS440 or RS420 if you want a really incredible projector.

Of course, you should describe the room it's all going into, what your screen size goal is, what your viewing distance is, and the like. I don't really know enough to make any specific recommendation.

B

bruin62

Audioholic
Ratings
Right now I have the epson 2030 and my screen size is 106. My seating is around 13 ft. From the screen

A

APORTO

Audioholic Intern
Ratings
The 4010 looks great on paper, has anyone compared to Optima UHD65 projector? 2X color wheel vs 3LCD...

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Spartan
Ratings
1,846 2
The UHD65 actually delivers on sharper resolution. The Epson will have better contrast.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis