Entertainment stands/racks

F

Funkmonkey

Junior Audioholic
your rack that you builti s just what i need i think were running the same sony 52" xbr2! but what i love is the center section! i need something like that for my huge B&W htm2d center. great job. if you found the design on a manufactured rack company please let me know.

thanks, & great craftsmanship!
KODG
KODG-
Thanks for the kudos. The Sony is close to yours (46"-XBR4), but the mount is big and hefty enough to hang a 60" on it! I'm sure that the structural aluminum tubes would be up to the task as well. As to the design of the thing, I just winged it. I did a fair amount of sketching to get to where I liked the proportions relative to the TV, with the center of the screen set at just above seated eye-level, then worked my down from there. I set the angle of the center channel based off the difference of heights from it's vertical center to seated ear level (for the vertical axis) and the distance to my listening position (for the horizontal) which came in at 9ft. Measured it out on the ground, and snapped a chalk line to get the angle. My thought was that this is as close as I will ever be seated so that would be the maximum angle. If my seating position ever changes, I will just shim the back of the center channel to suit. Another advantage of that angle shelf, (in theory, while I was designing) is that it would help to convect heat from the power-amp, and it actually does work quite well. Each section is about 2ft wide to allow some breathing room for the components. Overall height to the top of the cabinet is around 21". These dimensions worked out great for me, in my current room. If I had more space I would have added another section to each side, and made everything a few inches lower. Long and low. :D

Cheers,
Funk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis