Enter to Win: Up to 50% off StudioTech Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nhpm510

Audioholic
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV furniture? (please list at least 2)

Will the AV gear fit
Aestethics/Cosmetics
Center channel provision
ventilation
price

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV furniture?
If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?
What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision?

Yes
Studio Tech was out of my price range!
Will the AV gear fit, Aestethics/Cosmetics, ventilation, price

M

Maceo23

Junior Audioholic
1) I guess that style is the most important aspect, because if the stand doesn't grab my eye, I won't even bother to check out the build quality which is definately the determining factor.

2) I have purchase a dedicated stand in the pat, although it maxed out at a 32" televsion. I guess you could also count the pathetic excuse for a stand that I am using now that came free with my television. The one shelf it has bows in the middle under the weight of my receiver.

S

Shakatak

Audiophyte
Studiotech entry

Hello All

1.Quality and function

2. Never purchased AV furniture, but I'm looking to do so now.

Good Luck to all.

Shakatak

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Contest Questions:
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV furniture? (please list at least 2)

Style and build quality.

Yes. I actually have Studiotech U-22 and U-60. The U60 was the only 6 shelf rack i could find with the depth i needed. I bought the U22 to match.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
1) Style, adequate ventilation, cable management, build quality

2) I recently purchased a BDI Avalon plasma TV stand with an integrated component cabinet. I did look at StudioTech U-22T RW/B, and it looked about equivalent, but there was a local furniture store I often go to selling BDI, and I liked the quality, so I decided I was ready to buy on-the-spot. I like the BDI, but I'm going to have to customize the cabinet to include a fan or tow before it can properly cool a Playstation 3 (I doubt an passive "moderately closed" cabinet could actually keep a PS3 cool).

M

MrDeathStar

Audiophyte
I first look at product dimensions (overall, usable, etc.) and ventilation to match my equipment needs. Build quality (and to some extent, product styling) is then used to filter the results. Price enters the picture to rule things out. Value is important here, but I will almost always pay more for better build quality. My wife will pay more if improved styling comes with that better build quality. Generally I like durable products that offer high stability / strength (i.e. don't wobble, can hold components without shelves sagging, etc.).

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV furniture?[/I]
  • If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?
  • What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision?
Prior purchases were long ago and with mistakes (i.e. I did not consider the needs of the equipment, cables, etc.). I am looking now for products like the U-48 or U-60 that satisfy build quality demands and also will provide expansion and nice looks as a bonus. So, I am very interested in StudioTech, but would also love to 'touch' the product before spending the money. Products I can see in local shops include Salamander rack systems, but I also have reservations about price and some features (i.e. variable shelf adjustment is nice, but leveling / tweeking / configuring could be arduous). I can conclude that in a recent StudioTech phone call, I was extremely satisfied and impressed with the quality of the customer / sales support.

J

jake5717

Audioholic
1) Being a n00b the AV scene the most important thing to me right now would be price then looks. Right now AV furniture is the least important part of my overall setup.

2) Yes, speaker stands and a plasma TV stand both came from Ikea. The deciding factor was defiantly price, the TV stand was marked down because it was a demo and the speaker stands were partially paid for by gift card. However both meet my needs as far as function and I am pleased with my purchases.

M

misterkit

Enthusiast
Contest Questions:

Great contruction, real wood, quality finish

• If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?
  • What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision?

Yes - I got a entertainment center at Walmart once. I didnt consider StudioTech because I didnt know about them. Price and functionality were my deciding factors.

U

u2generator

Junior Audioholic

1. Build quality, functionality, compatibilty with other furniture

2. Yes, I wasn't aware of StudioTech at the time. Mine was custom built, to match the trim in our living room and kitchen cabinets.

orto

orto

Audiophyte

Real wood. If its veneer, high quality veneer.
Size and style.

Not yet. Studio Tech is one I am considering. More pictures of the products on the website would help alot. It might seem weird, but I'd like to see what the inside of the furniture looks like, even if its plain.

mr-ben

mr-ben

Audioholic
1) Style, efficient use of space, able to hold large components, price

2) Yes. I like the StudioTech products, and looked at them, but only briefly. I can't spend more on the stand than the TV I put on top of it, so I went for a cheaper brand.

C

ctwed

Audioholic Intern

Build quality,
Diversity in function,
Styling,
Price.

Yes,

If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered?
Yes, I purchased a Studio Tech A/V rack. Retail availability, funtion, price; in that order.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Contest Questions:

Attractive yet functional design and provide a solid, secure foundation for expensive equipment.

I designed a custom oak equipment cabinet/tv stand built for me. I did look at StudioTech. I wanted something for maximum WAF approval.

Senior Audioholic

Price
Function

* If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?
* What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision?

Not rellay sure what AV furniture is so I guess not.

T

tiggers

Enthusiast
Contest Questions:
Build quality and function. Is it cheaply made? will is support all my gear? Is there anything that will interfere with the operation or setup of my AV gear? Those are the type of questions I would ask.

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV furniture? Yes

No. I was not aware of StudioTech at the time of purchase

See my answer in question 1

fucema

fucema

Audiophyte
Contest Entry

• Aesthetics
  • Construction quality
  • Price
  • Quality of materials
  • Ease of assembly
  • Optional add-ons (such as wheels, additional shelves, adjustable shelving)
Yes
No, either the price was too high or I did not like the design.

• Availability from reliable and reputable distributors/sellers.
  • Size (the dimensions I required were very strict due to the space)
  • Price

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:
Looks, quality & price.

Yes.
Hadn't heard of StudioTech at that time.
Cost and it matched our pine paneling.

SBF1

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ehurnie

Junior Audioholic
I look for finishes to match my room, build quality, price, and space for components.

I have not purchased my own AV furniture but Im in the market now.

ssabripo

ssabripo

Audioholic
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV furniture?
a) Looks and quality. The piece has to be of high quality wood/veneer and finish, and must look contemporary in order to match my A/V equipment
b) Functionality. I need a dedicated A/V piece up front, and as such, I need one that has ample ventilation, good strong shelving to hold the heavy equipment (amps, processors, etc), and has rollers that can accommodate ease of movement, etc.​

Yes, a few times.​

Yes, I considered StudioTech, but I have not yet bought from a non-local furniture shop. However, with this discount, I would highly consider Studiotech, as this would put me in the ballpark​
Price, and being able to see the quality first hand. At the end of the day, I need a solid piece of furniture that has good build quality, good form and function, ample ventilation, and above all, is reasonably priced.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis