Enter to Win: Up to 50% off StudioTech Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
StudioTech wants you to win!

StudioTech is giving away A coupon worth 50% off your order (max. $1,000 off) to one (1) eligible winner AND coupons worth 20% off (max. $400 off) to two (2) eligible winners! Coupons must be used within 6 months of drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV furniture? (please list at least 2)

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV furniture?

• If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?
  • What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision?

Note this contest ends on April 30th, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Contest Questions:
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV equipment? (please list at least 2)
Real wood, REASONABLE price, some consideration for component isolqation

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV equipment?
yes

* If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?

Yes, the style was very nice but was too big for my application.

T

tlqualman

Audioholic Intern
1. Quality materials, style, fuctionality, price

2. No, not yet.

pick me, pick me!

Hanse18

Hanse18

Audioholic
Contest Questions:
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV equipment? (please list at least 2)

Well, I am obviously looking for pieces that will be the best fit for my situation. So value and overall quality.

Yes, AV racks, center consoles

* If yes, was studio tech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?
* What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision?
Yes, I looked at them briefly, but in the end I ended up getting the cabinets custom built.

S

se-riously2

Audioholic Intern
1) Bang for buck, customer service, reliability, and warranty.
2) Yes, AV rack. Didn't consider studio tech, because honestly, I never heard of this brand (haven't been into AV that long). Bought a Sanus because it was designed to match with my Sony TV and its stand.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Studiotech contest

1) Asthetics, functionality, and price
2) No I have not purchased A/V furniture. I ended up designing and building a customer cabinet to house all A/V gear and the TV so it would fit in the existing niche in our house.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV equipment? The equipment has to look good but more importantly work well and have a good price range

No, I have not, but I am helping a friend design a home theater room and will be looking into it shortly.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV equipment?

Functionality, style, price. I have limited space and the rack I choose has to be big enough to hold all of my equipment without looking tacky. It aslo has to be strong because some of what I will be buying this year will be pretty heavy.

I've purachased audio racks and TV stands before but never a combination. However because of space limitations an AV stand is in my future.

I had never heard of StudioTech before coming here.

I've always balanced price, function and style.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic

Given these types of pieces are more out in the open for me (they would be in my living room) looks and style are definately key. Also are a variety of dimensions to fit different location options. for example we have an "entertainment nook" built into our living room. Have considered custom shelving, but the StudioTech units look sweet.

Yes - I have my living room setup on a BDI rack right now - but it will not be able to accomadate a new flat screen.

If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not?

Frankly, I have never heard of them prior to this contest :eek:

What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision?

Cost and ability to accomadate the depth of my old Yamaha DSP-A3090. It still sticks out a little on my BDI!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Contest Questions:
Quality, looks, ability to accomadate my giant center channel

yes

I wasnt aware of StudioTech at the time

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic

1) compatibility with gear (size, quantity of components) and looks (always has to pass muster with the woman of the house)

2) No. Have considered StudioTech, though. Final decision was for more of a furniture look than a media-center look. Happened to stumble across something that fit the gear we have.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I'm assuming AV equipment means furniture....

1. Stability, open access (cables are a pain otherwise), and price.
2. Yes, I have. I did not consider StudioTech because I wasn't aware of them. The deciding factors for me in what I did buy where functionality and price.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I am also assuming the intent is for furniture:

1) Appearance is #1 - it is a piece of furniture, so it needs to look nice. I like a little bit of configurability/flexibility in terms of shelving or storage. Ability to extend or remove the back panel for wiring or particularly large equipment (receivers, amps). Some sort of wire management for any visible gear (sits out in the open) like the display.

2) Yes I have, but Studio Tech was not one of them because I had never heard of them before Audioholics and I bought my two large racks prior to coming here. Styling appears to be quite nice. Deciding factors were: appearance, flexibility - ability to configure the rack to suit my needs before buying it, add options later, choice of wood and door type, etc..., and of course price.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I've modified the question from "equipment" to "furniture" for clarity.

90gstman

Audioholic Intern
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV furniture? (please list at least 2).

first: Does the furniture fit my needs. Will it accomodate the items I plan to use and will it fit into the decore of the room.

second: Quality/value. Is the quality of the item in line with the price or better than others at it's price point.

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV furniture?

Other than a basic TV stand, I have not. Now that my AV room is complete I am in dire need of Furnitue for my gear.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
1) The most important things in a piece of AV Furniture are meeting my needs first and foremost, then doing so at the best price. Build qulaiyt is part of my needs, so I consider that as part of the price.

2) When shopping for a wooden rack about two years ago I looked extensively for a rack that would be the proper size for an 'end table' but would be big enough for a DVD player, PS2, power center, drawer, etc. A front door to keep 1 year old hands out was a requirement. You guys didn't - and still don't (according to racksandstands.com) - provide that product. The company that did provided it for well under your current pricing. Basic, clean simple, solid. The rack I got was 100% solid oak, not a veneer, for just a few hundred bucks. That's what I expect.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
AV furniture

Contest Questions:
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV furniture? (please list at least 2) Response: cost/value, functionality, and appearance.

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV furniture? Response: Yes, twice (both A/V racks).

3) If yes, was StudioTech one of the brands you considered? Why or why not? Response: No, I had never considered StudioTech because I have never heard of this brand until this contest.

4) What were the deciding factors when you made your final decision? Response: cost/value (something on sale), functionality, and appearance in that order.

S

Sridhar C

Enthusiast
1. Style, build quality, durability, performance, price.
2. Yes. I have bought products by Middle Atlantic and Salamander in the past. I was not aware of Studio Tech.

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
1.) One thing I would look for is whether or not the furniture affects the sound from the speakers or my equipment, i.e. does the back of the chair block the sound from the rear surrounds or is there enough space to allow my components to have enough breathing room. Another thing I would have to consider is whether or not it fits with the decor in my main listening/viewing area. Last, but not least, price.

2.) No, I have never purchased a dedicated piece of A/V furniture except for my entertainment center, but I wasn't looking for a particular brand at the time, only a style/color that I preferred. I will be moving into a new home soon and I am planning on designing a dedicated home theater room, so I will definitely be looking for A/V furniture.

solomr2

solomr2

Full Audioholic
1) What are the most important things you look for in a piece of AV furniture? (please list at least 2)
Dimensions were a priority for me. The Pioneer Elite receiver is 7.5" high and 18.5" deep. The shelf needs to have at least 20" of usable (not total) depth to accomodate it. That proved to be very, very difficult to find.

Cable management was also important, I don't want a mess of cables all over the place.

Cooling, or airflow is also vital for me. This A/V gear generates a lot of heat, and when it doesn't get enough air it does strange unpredictable things and it breaks down.

Finally, the asthetics. Although looks are last on my list, it has to look decent and relatively high tech.

2) Have you ever purchased a dedicated piece of AV furniture?[/I]
Yes, I have purchased dedicated A/V furniture 3 times I can remember. Most recently I was shopping for a component rack just a month ago. Studio Tech was one of the very first suppliers I looked at, I love the look, layout and features of their products. The DP-2 line is gorgeous, and with the optional TV mount it would be perfect. Unfortunately, the dimensions (specifically the depth), didn't meet my needs. As it turned out, I ended up buying a cheap rack from a local Brandsmart, as a temporary stopgap so I can have more time to look around. So far, I'm still looking for what I need.

This is specifically what I want in an AV rack:

• 48" wide (max) so it can accomodate two components side by side.
  • 28" high so my flat panel can be at the proper viewing height.
  • At least 8" height clearance on one of the shelves to accomodate my receiver.
  • At least 2 shelves (not counting the top shelf - tv stand), 3 would be preferrable
  • Integrated cable management.
  • Open shelves preferred, but cabient style will work, provided I can see and operate the components inside with the remote without opening the doors. Must also allow components to cool properly. A very large opening in the rear would be good for a cabinet, this makes it easier to gain access to the back of the components for wiring and such.
  • Sturdy, solid design that doesn't resonate or create buzzing noise at moderate sound levels.

Is this too much to ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis