L

lumpy

Audiophyte
tv and 2 channel CD/SACD via stereo
movies and multichannel DVD audio/SACD in 5.1

K

KLR

Enthusiast
Depends on what makes the dialog sound best. 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 are the most fun with sound effects but sometimes plain old stereo is the most natural sounding for voice. Strange things can happen. I usually prefer stereo for music but if it's not the best quality recording I try "All Channel Stereo" and the harshness disappears as the sound becomes more transparent, lighter and just like being in the same room with the orchestra. It doesn't work for everything though.

S

smihalik

Audioholic
5.1 for movies. 2.1 for music. Should be adding two new satelites to get the 7.1 going soon.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Ultimately I have (2) 5.1 systems, so I will never listen to 7.1 and depending on the format and what system I listen to will serve the situation for how and where I listen to different applications....

On system 1, I have 5.3 with all monopole speakers so 5 channel music sounds much better but I mostly listen to 2 channel audio....

On system 2, I have 5.1 with dipole surrounds. I don't care for multichannel audio with that type of surround speaker, so I strictly run 2.1 for music.

Both systems do HT very very well....

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
7.1 for movies. It was not a huge leap from 5.1 to 7.1 but I was able to do it very economically.

K

kingofgrills

Audiophyte
I listen to movies - Blu-rays and DVDs - in 6.1 channel surround sound.

P

Panel

Audiophyte
I'm in 2.1.......still building the system. A good pair of speakers will be a great start. :)

T

TimPFla

Audioholic Intern
Listen :)

I listen right now in 3.0 hehehe I have left, Center, Right.. No subwoofer right now as last night my passive sub blew LOL!! I was looking for a powered one that I will buy real soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis