Enter to Win: TSBL Bookshelf Speakers Pair from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aarond

Full Audioholic
I listen to movies and tv in 5.2 used to be 7.2 but now in a smaller room.

tbergman

tbergman

Full Audioholic
Usually 5.1, but I've recently wired up the living room for 7.1 but I don't have blu-ray so I just play around with my receiver's DD EX and DTX ES settings for the occasional "7.1"

N

Nik54

Audiophyte
I listen to movies in 5.1. I had a 7.1 setup until my older son started crawling. Speaker stands went bye-bye :(

S

speakEZ

Audioholic
Within the last 6 months, with the help from this site, I purchased the Yammy 863, a set of Axiom bookshelf speakers, and currently drawing up designs for 2 12" Infinity DIY subs.

Thanks to all members. I have been a silent lurker for months and have gained a wealth of knowledge.

I currently listen in 5.1 for now. (can't wait for those subs!!)

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
7.1 in the family room
Denon 4806ci
Axiom M60, VP150, QS8, EP500 & M2 for movies
5.1 for SACD & DVDA multichannel swaps Axiom QS8 to M22 for surrounds.

5.1 movies in the basement, but mainly used for music in stereo
Yamaha RXV2695
2x Adcom GFA555 II mono amps driving old AR-9 speakers, AR center, Axiom QS8 surround, Axiom EP500 sub.

5.b0se in the master bedroom

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
I listen to movies mostly in 5.1 even though I have a 7.1 setup. With the surround speakers a little further back then standard Dolby recommendations I think 5.1 works better than 7.1.

I

illwill

Audiophyte
I watch movies in 5.1 and music in stereo. I have the set up for 7.1. Now I just need another set of speakers.
:D

T

Thornheezy

Audiophyte
I play around with the different versions of 7.1 when watching movies.

same here... just got my 7.1 hooked up recently so I'm still messing around with the settings on my receiver. I'm still working on finding the best setting so I don't have to keep switching back and forth between different types of movies.

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
5.1 here. I'd go 7.1 if my room permitted it though.

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
Movies are 5.1 for me. 7.1 for a while, but I sent the speakers I had as rears to my daughter, along with an old AVR to help her start building a system. "Piece meal" as it may be, it works for her. If I win these, they will go to her as L/R & she can move the ones I sent her to surround duty. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis