Enter to Win: Rear Speakers from Axiom Audio

Which is most likely to be your next purchase?

• Amplification

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Video display

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Processor

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Front speakers

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Surround speakers

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Sub-woofer

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • DVD player

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Other source component

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minnichs

Enthusiast
Everything

I am building a new a house and am putting a 7.1 system in the family rooom. The house and room will be ready at the end of November. I just need to decide on everything that needs to go into the setup:confused:confused:

A

April777

Audiophyte
Hello

This site is awesome! I look forward to winning the speakers! :)

Tom Andry said:
Axiom Audio wants your opinion!

Axiom Audio is offering a FREE upgrade to a 7.1 system with the purchase of a 5.1 home theater system to one (1) lucky eligible forum member. The prize is worth anywhere from $420 (an extra pair of QS4s) to $1300 if you're doing M80s all around!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Respond to the poll above and explain your response below in this contest thread.

Note this contest ends on September 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

smorlan

Audiophyte
I just ordered the mt80's vp150 & qs8's last week. I didnt have enough money left over for the extra qs8's for the full 7.1 setup. I hope I'll be happy with the 5.1 setup but from what i've heard, 7.1 makes a real difference in the panning of the action. Maybe Ill get lucky and win the extra speakers. Ill take mine in eggshell white please!
Scott

S

stahldar

Audiophyte
Just placing my order for M60's and QS8's with a VP150 center when I saw this contest. I responded front speakers simply because you do not have a category for a complete 5.1 system. :)

jpaul

jpaul

Junior Audioholic
Bass Woofer

Next planned purchase,,,, A bass woofer that puts us next to the runway!
After, Towers & Center channel

T

tarzanboy

Audiophyte
The poll doesn't really totally answer my needs. I am doing a complete makeover. Replacing Fronts, centers, and surrounds.
It is down to two brands, so if I win this it will be a no brainer.

Axiom M80s and Paradigm Studio 100s

Guess I can wait until Friday to make my decision.

I auditioned the Paradigms and they were sweet, but they are also about 1600 dollars more than the Axioms so i am really on the fence. After some extensive research, I am leaning back toward the axioms. Everything I am reading says they are very comparable. If this is true then cost must be the deciding factor.

OK, Sahmeless plug time: Pick me please:)

A

audiohead01

Enthusiast
I started with sound

I think the sound is the most important element of the media room.
It is nice to have the large screen and the high definition but I believe to "feel" the movies, tv sports, shows etc the way that the producers and artisits intended you must start with the sound!
I did that and am now in the process of moving to a new house, I am leaving the system I built behind in my current home the buyers will completely enjoy it. They already have a DLP set, no real sound, they are in for a great surprise!
A nice projector and 7.1 system would be a great incentive to get the basement finished into a delux showing room....
-good luck all
-ah

L

LongBinh6

Enthusiast
An Extra Pair Of QS4's, Frosting On The Cake!

I am in the process of having my custom wood shop Axioms made. (hope I qualify since my order has already been placed) I ordered 3ea M2i's for the L, C and R, in piano gloss black and 2 QS4's in a custom color match finish. What a great company and super speakers. I am ordering a sub from brand X due to my wife's request for a perfect match to her decor (Outlaw LFM-1 Plus).

My next purchase will be a 50" HDTV plasma when the 42" EDTV JVC plasma (great display) goes upstairs. I am leaning towards the Panny TH-50PX60U or TH-50PD9UK. In my opinion you just can't beat a top plasma for all around PQ.

LB6

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I need a new subwoofer.
This will give me time to save up, and wait for the Video Projector to drop in price, and BlueRay/HD-DVD to get straightened out.

J

JetSnake

Audioholic Intern
Looking to complete my speaker set. Something to go with what I have. I think rear speakers would give me the biggest bang for the buck now.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I've had my 6.1 surround setup for just over a year now. It's pretty low-level, but that's okay with me. For now. The one thing I really want to do -- when I can better afford it -- is to buy an HDTV. I'm thinking about one of Sony's SXRDs, possibly the 50" A2000 or the new XBR2 or 3. I dunno. And after that, I suppose I'll need an upconverting DVD player. So there you go.

cheers,
supervij

EDIT: The other thing I've been wanting to do is to replace my centre rear speaker with two bookshelves, to go from 6.1 to 7.1. So a couple of bookshelf speakers are on the list too.

L

Lord_Raiden

Audiophyte
Happy Axiom Customer

My very first post!

I received a pair of M60, VP150 and a pair of QS8 this past Thursday from Axiom and I'm extremely impressed with the quality of these speakers. I bought mine through the factory so I got mine at a discount. So in total I saved 15% and the best part is there was no visible blemish on these speakers. : ) I voted for surround speakers as my next purchase since I want to upgrade to a 7.1 system. Since I've auditioned a 7.1 setup I don't think I can live with a 5.1 setup. There's no gap of audio dropping out since there are so many speakers producing sound listening to a 7.1 setup feels like you'll listening to audio the way it was meant to be. I'm happy my current setup of 5.1 ,but knowing 7.1 is out there I'm gonna have to upgrade no matter what. If I could get them for free it'll be icing on the cake!!

Good Luck everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis