Enter to Win: Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack valued at $299!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EddieK

Audiophyte
Orb Audion Contest

Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

1) Do you like this finish? Yes, very much

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? A variety of matte and glossy metalic finishes. A paintable matte finish would be nice in order to customize colors.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Colors matching the mains.

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
orb

1) Yes I like this finish---sort of a mad-max post-apocalypse look

2) I would like to see this speaker in a glossy carbon-fiber finish

3) Rosewood would be ideal, but carbon fiber or a deep glossy black would be good.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
1) Do you like this finish?

No.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this?

Various colors perhaps like yellow, red, blue, etc... for an ultramodern (or retro) look.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

Rosewood, maple, and cherry.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Yes, it is different.

brushed or satin nickel, rosewood.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

Rosewood with black accents.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

I do.

I think it would be cool to be able to order any color out of a Sherwin Williams color fan. Copper would be a neat color for a speaker like this.

I've seen plastic laminate that looks like brushed stainless. That would be interesting.

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
1) do you like this finish?
Yes
2)what other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this?
Cobalt blue
3)what color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?
Chartreuse :eek: j/k bamboo would be nice

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Yes, it will blend well with rustic decor

• matte black metal, like heavy duty hand tools
  • user-paintable surfaces
  • wood (imagine a wooden ball)
  • metal finishes to match the typical door hardware finishes: chrome, nickel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, copper; all in shiny, satin, or brushed.
  • different color leathers or faux leather, suede, etc.
  • colored translucent silicon (like an ipod skin)

• leather or suede (make it look like an ottoman)
  • user-paintable surfaces
  • signature licensed colors (ferrari red, lamborghini yellow, jaguar green, etc)
  • owner-selected pantone number.

E

euphonimaniac

Audiophyte

Not particularly. I prefer smoother finishes on my speakers. I wouldn't object to getting them for free, though!

Cherry or oak finish would be nice.

Cherry or oak.

L

LimiterOne

Enthusiast

Yes, it goes well with darker-stained (but not black) furniture materials, I think.

Billiards balls would be cool, particularly if the speakers were for a rec room with, of course, a pool table.

Satin grey, and various woodgrains.

Peace

LO

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic

Yes.

Acrylic or Wood

Tan

P

project86

Audioholic
1) YES! I really do like this finish. Speakers like this are clearly geared towards matching or accenting the style of a room, and this is a great option.

2) I like the colors you already offer, and I think it would be great to continue the line with other neutral colors. Perhaps some variation of a sage green, some other browns both lighter and darker, and smoke gray would be a good start. I'm not sure how difficult it is to come out with different colors, but you could certainly offset the cost for some of them by charging a small "custom color" fee, and perhaps have them built to order so you don't have to maintain stock of the less popular ones.

3) Subs are best in black or darker wood colors. That's my opinion. I know some people would like them to match the speakers, but I've always wanted the sub to be out of the way and not attract attention.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Preferred Finishes

1) Do you like this finish? I can’t recall seeing this finish before, but yes, I like it; it grows on me.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Piano-glass black.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? In addition to piano-glass black, I like a furniture-grade rose wood finish.

Coult_45

Coult_45

Junior Audioholic
1) Like the finish. It is very masculine. Would look great in a cabin or a mans office.

2) I think a polished stone enclosure would look incredible. It might be hard to produce but It would also appear exotic. It might be more gender friendly and have wife approval.

3) I think an identical sub would look crazy cool. Maybe a larger orb with the same hammered metal look. This would look great with radiators added to the active speaker in the sub. If you need more volume it could be a cube with rounded corners.

T

Trouble Maker

Audiophyte
Yes, but it would really depend on where I'm putting them. Those would look great next to a computer, or in a garage. I don't think I would want them in my living room.

Some nice smooth (get rid of the texturing) powder coated colors. Maybe just black, but the sky is the limit. Something like this would look good in a living room. You could offer customer colors for $$ and go with some crazy 'modern' colors.

See above. You could get orange speakers and a white sub. Just an example but you could do some really fun combos if you can pick the colors.

EDIT: Now that I go to their website I see the smooth finishes in different colors. I dig it. I still think you could offer a custom, or very much increased color pallet option for a few bucks.

U

upyourkilt

Enthusiast
orb contest

Its an interesting texture for a speaker...I guess I like it.

Pearl white, high gloss cherry

piano gloss black, pewter color, clear(opaque) to see alll the guts! (If tonally possible)

C

coloradoxc

Enthusiast

It completely depends upon the environment the speakers will operate within. I think that the metallic finish will only look good in an outdoor application. I would prefer a different finish for indoors.

I like the futuristic design and would like to see it in any wood finish. It might be interesting to work on creating a glass finish. I have never seen one, but innovative designs that are aesthetically pleasing are the products that get sold.

I would like to see a subwoofer that has the same color as the rest of the system. Personally, I like a light oak finish. Or, I'd like to see it in a dark red oak finish

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

1) Yup, looks stylish and durable.

2) Maybe a matte type black metal

3) Not so much a diff. color, maybe just a diff. grill design...

Bastia

Audiophyte

Yes, I think it looks great.

Hard to say. It depends on what my room ends up looking like. How much variety can you give us?

Hand polished steel, going by the finishes you already offer for the orbs.

S

star2sound

Enthusiast
1) Yes

2) Titanium, Gold/Iridium, Red Flamed Copper, Blue Flamed Steel

3) Titanium, Gold/Iridium, Red Flamed Copper, Blue Flamed Steel

C

ctg115

Audiophyte

Yes, but it wouldn't fit into my household. Too antique looking.

User generated graphics

gunmetal blue-gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis