Enter to Win: Orb Audio Mod1 QuickPack valued at $299!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FLMike

Audioholic

1) Do you like this finish? Yes

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? I agee with the previous poster that some wood finishes would be great. The current texture in pewter would be nice.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer n addition to black)? Furniture grade wood finsih would be nice,

S

schaume

Enthusiast
Orb contest

1) Do you like this finish? OK, definitely different than what most manufacturers offer (but its no piano finish!).

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Platinum, silver mirror, custom colors

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? See above.

T

timmay8612

Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? Yes, it would blend in nicely with most modern decor.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? A retro design like the 1950s (and earlier) tube guitar and harp amps would be awesome. Tolex + wheat grille cloth.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Other than matching the above speakers or my retro tube amp speakers, I'd say a distressed dark brown.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
1) Do you like this finish? Yes.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Chrome

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Antique white.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? Yes, the pitted look is actually kinda cool

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? I like titanium, the BWM color

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Same, titanium.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? Answer: Yes I think its a nice change from the norm

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Answer: Cherry, Beech

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? Answer I love the way Cherry looks on a sub

SteveSatch

SteveSatch

Audioholic Intern
1) Do you like this finish?

Yes,

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this?

Matte black and shiny black

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

Matte black and shiny black

quern

Audiophyte
1) Do you like this finish? - Yes the finish looks quite sharp.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Wood grain colors are sharp and universal (cherry finish for me). I also think some bold colors could be fun (orange, lime green, etc...)... A really cool black cherry would be nice to get a hint of color and still look black.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? I prefer matching colors to the sat's.

N

Nugu

Audioholic
Yes, it reminds me of an antique

Other than different colors, I think different color and style grilles would be cool. I'd personally prefer a grille that was color matched to the finish.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)?

Matched colored/finished subs also orb shaped. A big ball to go with the little ones.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
1. Yes fairly neutral.
2. I'd like to see a natural aluminum finish.
3. An aluminum subwoofer would look incredible.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
1) Do you like this finish? Answer: I do - but I think my wife would rather have a wider selection of off-white's to choose from.

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? Answer: more off-whites...

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? ok with just black - mine are usually hidden.

W

wesley63

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

1 - Yes, I like the brown look.

2 - My wife is an artistic person and as she says, "Orange is the new red." I think that the main advantage of orbs is their size and ability to blend in. Muted colors to match eggshell white and lighter browns to match oak or cherry cabinets would play well with the typical WAF.

3 - Wives want a subwoofer to disappear. Now you are trying to match common home builder carpet colors.

Jim

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
1) Do you like this finish? I really like the hammered-earth finish Mod 1 speakers (and stands). I think they would blend into most decors (WAF).

2) What other finishes would you like to see in a speaker like this? I think the hammered-finish would look good in black, copper, and stainless steel. The stainless steel would fit into most modern kitchens well (i.e. popularity of stainless steel finish on appliances). Maybe finishes to match kitchen granite marble tops would be a good seller (WAF). Might as well get the ladies/cooks/guests some good music in the kitchen/dining area too.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? I think in addition to standard black, a metal-covered subwoofer enclosure (smooth or hammered) to match Mod 1 speakers would be good. (I don’t know if any company is doing this or if it is feasible.)

It might be a good selling feature if the Mod 1s were wireless and could be easily moved around the house from room to room. Also it might make setup very simple.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic

This is a really cool idea in a hammered metal finish. I like the look.

A copper hammered finish would look very nice. I could put them in the kitchen where they would match my wife's copper pots. Maybe a rust colored one for garage use?

A nice textured finish like matte black in the same colors to match the speakers. Or maybe an aged patina color like old time radios.

S

strugs

Audiophyte
1) Yes - although if you had described it to me without pictures I might have said no. Looks much better than I would have thought.

2) A nice seal grey or anthracite in the same texture would be cool.

3) I wouldnt want a sub in a similar finish just in case I wanted to apir it with more traditional speakers, so I will go with some natural dark wood finishes.

Thanks for including Canadians in the contest!

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Orb Audio would like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs. Please help them (and enter) by answering the following questions in your post:

I always like the look of Black for speakers. They can go with any color of room that way.

I think that the piano gloss would be nice in black as well.

The piano black gloss.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic

1- Yes!!

2- I think that we should see more metallic finishes on speakers. Why shouldn't our speakers match the rest of our components?

3- Something like a metallic-grey/brushed-aluminum finish.

O

OilerFan

Audiophyte
1) Yes, as it looks very resistant to scratches (although i haven't got any on my polished steel Orbs either).

2) I would like to see fire engine red. I'd also like to see other exterior designs similar to a the dimples on a golf ball (in white). What better gift to get the ultimate golfer?

3) Possible a polished white finish would be a good match for a decor with lighter colors.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
1) Do you like this finish? Yes, very much.

I'd like to see a combination of metal and wood.

3) What color would you most like to see offered for a subwoofer (in addition to black)? cherry or rosewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis