Enter to Win: iPod Docking Station from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I have yet to purchase an actual iPod. I am still hanging onto my 5 yr old Samsung card based player. However after hearing a friends iPod recently and doing a direct comparison; same music (same bit-rate) and same headphones I think I may enjoy an iPod. I will be buying a new receiver within the next year. I am sure it will have iPod functionality, as all $1500 and up units seem to have today. I would use mine at work and while travelling mostly.

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
I have a 40G iPod. Shop for accessories at the Apple Store, Best Buy, Circuit City. I use it for music and as a portable hard drive to transport data. I have a cradle connected to my HT but use it more on the go with earbuds (Ultimate Ears). Haven't subscribed to any podcasts yet.

S

sk60

Enthusiast
Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?

Yes, 60GB Video. No add-on accessories yet, iPod was a recent pruchase. Use for music. I would like to connect to home theater. No podcast subscriptions.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
I own a 20 GB iPod (not video) and a 2GB iPod Nano. We use it when we travel, workout, listen to music throught the house (w/ the iTrip). We do not use it for pictures or movies (they are not capable for either). We subscribe to podcasts for Entourage, Project Runway and the new James Bond movie.

ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Contest Questions: Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?

I have an iPod Mini, just over a year old. I've used it locally, but not too often. I got it more for long airline flights, so I could leave my portable CD player and CDs home.

I shop for iPod accessories at an Apple Store--that's where I got my iPod protective case--and at CompUSA.

My biggest extra-iPod purchase was a set of Sennheiser PX 100 headphones to replace the Apple earbuds. Big imporvement! I bought these headphones from Amazon.

My iPod Mini only plays music; it doesn't have pic capability. OK, I could back up files to it, but I don't.

Is it connected to my HT? No, it never has been. All my iPod's music has been transferred from my CDs. I'm a rarity, maybe--an iPod user who's never used Apple's iTunes Store. And I suspect that I will never buy music online. With over 600 CDs to choose from at home, I have lots of music, ranging from classical to rock to jazz to international, to...

But if we throw a kicking party and someone brings an iPod full of tunes, it'd be fun to be able to kook it up easily. We haven't had a big party like this for a couple years, so maybe we're due. :p

Podcasts? No. Every now and then I'll download a specific one from the web, but I subscribe to none.

Chris

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?

I do own an iPod. 30GB White 5g, though may upgrade to the 80 soon. I dont have any accessories besides the case i bought at Best By, Yes it is connected to my home theater via headphone to rca y cable. No podcasts for me

D

dlrepp

Enthusiast
I don't have one yet but 2 of my kids do. We will be joining a Community center soon where they have workout facilities so my wife and I will probably get two more. My 3rd teenager will probably get one for her birthday this spring. We usually but accessories at Target. I probably won't hook it up to the home theater as my main music listening area is strictly headphones. I'd use it at work as I am a Bible teacher and I can play Christian music in class. That is where the dock would go. Dan

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
Video ipod, 30GB.
No specific place - value places, internet preferred.
Music, video, and pictures.
Not connected to home theater.
Do grab podcasts from many places.

Cheers,
Chris

N

Nozferatu

Enthusiast
Ipod Nano.

Shop online for accesories. Apple.com bestbuy.com...etc.

Music only.

Can connect to HTPC but dont.

Not much into podcasts.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Ipod Nano - 4gb

Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? Internet, not many, just the AC adapter to charge it

What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Music

Do you have it connected to your home theater? Nope

Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they? A couple from my company.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
I don't have an IPOD but will get one if I win this contest. I probably would search internet sales sights or look for a sale. I have MP3s on CD and a portable player.

C

CooLJ92

Audioholic Intern
I currently own an iPod Shuffle (wife) Video iPod (son) and iPod Nano (self). I shop at various stores for my accesories such as Walmart, Best Buy and Circuit City. I currently own an iGroove cover, Sony headphones, Apple wall charger and car charger. I mostly use my ipod for music, son uses it for music, pictures, and movies, wife only uses it for music when she walks or runs. I sometimes connect it to my HT when the family is not around so I can "crank up" the volume with a beer in hand. Currently, I do not subscribe to any podcasts.

Thank you.

j

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:
Contest Questions: Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?

My daughter has an Apple Mini Ipod. We bought a car charger and a firewire docking station for it with the initial purchase, directly from Apple.

The Mini is strictly music.

I do have an accessory that broadcasts the Ipod on an FM frequency, but I rarely use it with my main system

No podcasts.

M

mflaherty

Audiophyte
I Pod

Own a second generation ipod 20GB

Shop for iPod accessories on the INTERNET: Amazon & numerous iPod retailers

My best up grade is new head phones by Shure.

I listen mostly to music while traveling - Many long flights! :(

Is it connected to my HT? Yes. I connect thru my Yamaha RX-v2500 receiver. Looking forward to upgrading to an iPod compatible unit soon.

Pod casts? Yes, comedy central and some business updates.

Thanks

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
Do you own an iPod, if so what kind?

- i own a 5G 60GB iPod, white.

Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own?

i try to purchase accessories directly from manufacturer, or from the online seller with the best reputation for customer service. i currently own an Agent 18 iPod case and a pair of Etymotic Research ER4P earphones.

What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures?

almost exclusively music, with a few pictures and videos for novelty's sake.

Do you have it connected to your home theater?

no.

Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?

Strong Bad email! :)

C

cobrage401

Enthusiast

2 Ipod 4gig nano
bestbuy
auto install kit
music
yes vsx-84
no podcasts

B

BobBart

Audioholic
No I don't have an Ipod. I'm not in a car much and when I want to listen to music I turn on the stereo.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Ipod contest

I have a Creative Zen Nano Plus that I use primarily for music at the guy with headphones. Purchased online. It is not currently connected to my home A/V system and I do not download podcasts.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? 30gb Video

Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? Cheapest place on the internet

What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Music

Do you have it connected to your home theater? Sometimes

Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they? No

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I own two iPod Nano's, 2nd gen. I just sold my two Minis. They are used mainly for music through their headphones and are occasionally connected to Home Theater and other sound systems. I shop for accessories at BestBuy or eBay. I have accessory headphones and will buy iSkin's for them when they are available. I do not subscribe to any podcasts.

Your docking station would be really cool for my office. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis