Enter to Win: iPod Docking Station from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away iPOD® Compatible 3-D Sound/Docking Station (valued at $99.99) to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?

Note this contest ends on October 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?
Yes, I own a recently purchased 30G video iPod. I use mine solely for music and I use it every day. I don't have it connected to my home theater yet, but I do plan to. Like I said, this is new, and I haven't gotten around to getting a dock to run it to my receiver yet, but I will. My old iPod did not have this capability, which is why I don't have that set up yet. I don't subscribe to any podcasts, but I do peruse them every so often.

Matt34

Matt34

Contest Questions: Do you own an iPod, if so what kind? Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?

Two actually: first gen 2GIG Nano that I use strictly for the gym/running and a 5th gen 30GIG Video Ipod.

The 30gig I use as to store all my music, videos, TV shows, audiobooks, pictures and podcast on(acts as a back-up incase my external HD ever dies on me). I use it mainly in my car, when I fly or whenever I don't have easy access to my laptop.

My accessories consist of a Belkin battery backup which is great for those international flights when you can't charge it. Iskin EVO 3 case for the 30gig and two Core Cases for the Nano. Also bought a pair of Shure E2C IEM for use with both. I'm in the process of looking for an dockable alarm clock right now.

The only podcast I currently subscribe to is the Comedy central one.

I currently don't have a dock to connect it to my home theater as of yet.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I don't currently own an Ipod. Until recently I've always scoffed at the at the whole portable technology thing. I never felt it would sound good enough.
I realize now that, depending on the file quality, it don't sound bad at all.
Add to this the fact that my workplace has banned streaming music on our computers, leaving me musicless, I may purchase an Ipod or something similar very soon.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Yes, Ipod Mini
Where to shop: Anywhere it's cheap - online; dollar stores, etc; NOT the mall or Apple sites
Used for music only
Not connected to HT. Come on, why don't I just hook up my tape player too...
No podcasts for me - too much bother.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I own a 2nd generation 20GB iPod. The only accessories I've purchased for it are direct from Griffin Technology or off eBay: the iTrip and a leather case. I only use my iPod for music, but also as my address book and calendar. It is not connected to my home theater; I use iTunes for that. I am not currently subscribed to any podcasts.

tonay

tonay

Junior Audioholic

1. The wife currently has a 4gig Nano.
2. Nano skins - free w/ purchase of Nano from Circuit City
3. Music only
4. Yes. Connected via the Bridge on my HK AVR240 receiver
5. No podcasts

Thank you

J

jim81labrie

Audiophyte
1. I have an iPod mini. 2. I purchased a case from Vaja -- pricey, but very, very good. No other accessories. 3. I mainly use my iPod to listen to Podcasts; occasionally, music. 4. My iPod has never been connected to my receiver, but that may change soon. (I plan on buying a new receiver, with iPod functionality, next year.) 5. I subscribe to several Podcasts; the MacCast, the HDTV & Home Theater Podcast, TWIT, Pardon The Interruption and The Macbreak Weekly.

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
I have a 40 Gig iPod G3 and a 4 Gig iPod mini, same vintage. I have a 1 Gig SanDisk Sansa too, but that doesn't count :)

I buy accessories anywhere. Previous vendors include Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Woot! .

For accessories, I have an Altec Lansing InMotion, Sony sound isolating earbuds, Sennheiser earbuds, Philips "virtual" surround earbuds, Griffin iTrip FM radio interface, and an iPod sock., among other things.

I use a low-tech adaptor cable to listen to (my captured lossless) iPod content on my audio system. Home theater it ain't.

I listen to Alpha Sierra Charlie (Don't let 'em get you down, Adam! :) ), The Onion, The (BBC) Today Show, Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac, TWiT, DiggNation, and Coverville. I would listen to more if I had more time.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Tom Andry said:

Yes. 2G nano. Got all the accessories at best buy. Currently own a Nano armband and DLO leather case. Not connected to my HT. No podcasts.

Last edited:
WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions: Do you own an iPod, if so what kind?
Yes, I own a 4G iPod Photo, 20GB
Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own?
I would shop online, my only accessories are an Apple dock, firewire cable and Y cable.

What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures?
Music only
Do you have it connected to your home theater?
I have it hooked up to my bedroom system
Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?
iTunes New Music Tuesday, Indie Feed; electronic and alternative

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
short and sweet - I don't have and Ipod! (if I win, I'll need to buy one)

U

Ubercharged

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away iPOD® Compatible 3-D Sound/Docking Station (valued at $99.99) to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: Do you own an iPod, if so what kind?

No, I currently do not own an iPod. That might change, though, if I win.
Tom Andry said:
Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own? What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?
Tom Andry said:
Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I have a 2G Nano, which I use for music only during air travel and occasionally in the car, via a cable to the car stereo's input jack. The only accessory is a pair of Etymotic ER-6 earphones purchased on line. No present plans to hook up to home theatre, no interest in podcasts.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i do not own an ipod. i think they are nice if you want somethin small, but i like having features, and the archos is much much better of a product.

i use my archos for music, movies, record and watch tv shows, voice recording, basically a portable home video and music collection that can easily hook up to any tv, or in the car

D

DerekW

Audiophyte
I HAD a 4 gig nano, but lost it on a plane, :mad: my wife has an 4G ipod mini, my daughter has a 1G nano, and my son has a Shuffle. My next purchase will be the new 8 gig Nano. We're an Ipod family :)

We all just use them for music, though I've thought about buying some audio books. We have bought most of the accessories from the onlinee apple store, but some stuff at our local Future Shop. The acessories are basically, car charger/FM transmitters, cases, better earphones

I haven't subscribed to any podcasts, but It has crossed my mind.

I haven't hooked it up to my HT, but my wife has mentioned it, and I really have no idea how to plug it in, I assume by the time I upgrade my receiver in a year or so, that it'll almost be a standard feature.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Do you own an iPod, if so what kind?
1st generation 5GB. And it's still kicking on the original battery! Also, there's a pink mini in the house.

Tom Andry said:
Where do you shop for your iPod accessories and what accessories do you currently own?
Usually online. Car charger/transmitter, cases.

Tom Andry said:
What do you use your iPod for… music, video, pictures? Do you have it connected to your home theater? Do you subscribe to any podcasts, if yes what are they?
Music only. Line-out direct to powered monitors in the bedroom. No podcasts.

G

greenhill

Audioholic Intern
5G Video 30GB Ipod... ... I use it primarily for Music on the go (in the car mostly) I am currently in the market for a suitable Dock for for A/V hookup.... lot's of mixed reviews out there on most of the docks....I shop for Accessories at Best buy...

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Dont have one...but would like to get one. If I win, that will give me the reason!

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
IPOD - YES - Video IPOD (40GB). Shop for accessories at Best Buy/Radio Shack/ Apple Store. Own sleeve & radio tuner.
Ipod - Movies, Videos, Music. Not connected to home theater, but play thru computer sometimes.
Podcasts - NPR, NBC, CNN, Wall Street Journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis