Enter to Win: Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schaume

Enthusiast
Holiday give-away!

1) #3
2)Somewhat interested. Wireless speakers for a second zone is intriguing (but not for the primary zone; just prefer wired with a choice of speaker/amp)
3) If you purchased a system like this where would you use it? Second zone/bedroom; not the media room.

R

RolandButcher

Audiophyte
1) Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you? In each case the “box” or “HUB” is simple and elegant, with a small form factor. Please explain why a certain system is of most interest. What would you change to make it ideal for you?
a) System #1
b) System #2
c) System #3

I would want system #1 - the wireless transmission system would differentiate that product.

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE THREAD BELOW
Somewhat interested - my AV Receiver and surround speakers need replacement.

3) If you purchased a system like this where would you use it?
- In my basement home theater

gregt16g

gregt16g

Audioholic Intern
1) Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you? In each case the “box” or “HUB” is simple and elegant, with a small form factor. Please explain why a certain system is of most interest. What would you change to make it ideal for you?
c) System #3

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE THREAD BELOW
Not too interested simply because it is not that high on my audio priority list right now. Into movies & TV more right now.

Garage

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
1) I think (a) System #1, but individual room control of sources would be a big feature. Meaning, if you had a concrete older home but wanted to retrofit distributed audio, a wireless solution would be nice, but also being able to control rooms individually as well. I think Sonus has a nice distribution system, but what they lack is integration with the main system. You have to load your music /through/ the Sonus, versus just having the music play off your computer. I think for mass market your going to need to make it as easy as possible, maybe some way to integrate with a typical IR universal remote or something.

2) Somewhat interested. I've almost purchased wireless systems just to 'try' them in other rooms, #3 will continue on this..

3) I'd try it first in my garage. I want to add streaming audio, but the concrete structure prevents me from running wires. I spend tons of time there, and have a self contained system, but it requires me to transfer to a drive and carry it down there. Which is alright, but skipping the extra step would be nice. Also, it would clean up my garage...which is (strangely) a very high priority for me...my garage is as clean as my living room (which super clean), so nixing the wires is big to me.

As a side note, I think wireless is a really popular solution for the future. Maybe not for dedicated systems, or audiophiles, but for distributed audio it makes a lot of sense.

F

Funboy

Audioholic Intern
1) System 1 - want it to come with speakers and be ready to go.

2) Not too interested - not right now anyhow, not messing with wireless until it proves itself worthy.

3) In the bedroom - would be nice to have a second setup there.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
c) System #3: A high-quality 2 Channel Receiver / DAC, and networked wireless hub. Similar to System #2, with addition of a high quality audio amplification.

2. Somewhat interested...I like nice toys!

Bedroom and/or patio

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
1. System 2. I like the wireless streaming capability and the ability to connect to an external amp.

2. Not too interested, as I have a solution that works for me at present

3. Outdoors.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I would prefer system 3. I enjoy music and any quality 2 channel amp is always important to me

Somewhat interested. I have always been intriguied by wireless speakers but have never really trusted they would work as well as their wired counterparts. I would love to hear one to see for myself.

Probably in the bedroom as my wife is not keen on wire clutter in "Her room"

T

timo_glass

Audiophyte

System C is of the most interest to me. This is because I just purchased a new 5.2 speaker set, but I'm using a very dated receiver. While it's amplifier is impressive, it's features and processing are way behind the times. So I believe that system C would be the biggest upgrade to current setup, and I can't think of a way to make it any more ideal.

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities

Not very interested. Not interested enough to take the plunge. I actually considered it when purchasing my speakers, but decided not to for several reasons. One, I was able to "hide" most of my speaker cables very effectively. What little bit of cabling is visible, who cares? I'm much more concerned with how impressive the system sounds than a little bit of cable in view along the wall.

I would use it in our living room. I may dabble in expanding to multi-room, so I can route music to our loft (of sorts) upstairs.

Thanks!

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
a) System #1

Somewhat interested
I like the all in 1 box that comes with wireless speaker.

I place it anywhere, so ease of placement is sweet.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
I guess if I were to choose, I'd select Option 3 or C. This strikes me as a secondary system that I'd have in an alternate room (like the living room which is, in my house, currently an underused and quiet room).

However, what it doesn't have, and what I'd like to see included, would be some HDMI. Maybe three or four HDMI ins and an HDMI out. I mean, if you're setting it up with a universal disk player, then you sort of have to assume that it's going to be connected to a display of some sort.

Additionally, I like the HDMI ins because it would allow me some additional flexibility for things like an XBox.

How interested am I? Not very. I prefer separates (okay, yes, I have a receiver) as opposed to an all-in-one kind of a box. Allows me to upgrade incrementally as I can afford it.

P

puckhead

Audioholic Intern

I would choose... b) System #2

I would want to use my own amplification since I already have that available and am happy with it. I'm sure it would have the feature, but it would have to have a wired network connection. I would probably also be fine with it not having a CD/DVD player for my particular needs.

I am... Very interested

It would provide a more integrated and simpler method for streaming digital music and the ever-increasing choices of on-line music/radio.

In the living room or possibly den/reading/office area .

Q

qwerty2op

Audiophyte

a) System #1: A high-quality digital wireless streaming system ($999).

b) System #2: A high-quality pre-amp/DAC and networked wireless hub for use with a separate amplifier ($999)

c) System #3: A high-quality 2 Channel Receiver / DAC, and networked wireless hub. Similar to System #2, with addition of a high quality audio amplification. ($1,199)

This option seems to be the most flexible. Add a pair of high quality speakers and you got a great system.

1. Very interested
2. Somewhat interested
3. Neither interested or uninterested
4. Not too interested
5. Absolutely not interested

I am out of work and have no money to spend on anything remotely similar to this. If I did have the money I would rather have the ability to use my existing components to achieve this same idea without buying something completely new.

I would buy it for my friend because he has been talking about doing something just like this in his house and he and his family listen to a lot more music than I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Answer: System #1
Reason: High Quality and Simple

Answer: Somewhat interested
Answer: Living room could use a quality wireless system

Answer: Family/Living Room

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
a) System #1
b) System #2
c) System #3

ANSWER:
System #1.
Modifications: Since I think there has to be some interaction with a TV, I'd make sure there is HDMI, more than 1 digital inputs, wifi (for netflix, remote computer music library, etc) and ethernet, subwoofer out, or even a wireless subwoofer. I envision this system to be used in a secondary situation like a den, where maybe full surround is not needed, but good sound is. I am currently quite interested in something like this.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

…..(c) System #3: I like the addition of the high quality audio amplification.

…..(3) Neither interested or uninterested:
No audio equipment is in the budget for now. Maybe next year.

…..Our computer room could use an upgrade. Or maybe the master bathroom.

S

skarydrunkguy

Audiophyte
1- A
2- 2
3 - The boys' playroom in the basement.

T

TMack37

Enthusiast
1) I would be most inclined to go with system #2.

Small form factor is nice. Wireless capabilities even more so. This sounds like a good solution for "casual" listening/viewing settings, like in the kitchen or living room, or out on the deck.

CD/DVD Player capabilities is rather useless to me. Any music I have on CD has already been ripped to my desktop, and if I can just stream audio across my network there's no need to play anything directly from this unit. I also don't see myself using this to watch movies when I already have a robust setup elsewhere in the house. Take out the lasers and drop the price.

Similar lack of interest in the iPod dock. I haven't really touched my iPod since I got my Droid last year, and any music that is on my iPod is also on my desktop and could just be streamed.

My only other concern would be with how to control it. A remote and a display to show what is being played back would be nice.

2) Somewhat Interested to Very Interested, depending on the application I had in mind at the time. I can see this sort of thing being used in a variety of different ways. The price seems a little high, probably because there are a few hardware components I really don't see myself using.

3) Wireless transmission is a must in my current abode, as it is about 50 years old and I can't justify investing the dough to wire it properly. I can see myself using this in my kitchen/dining room area. My wife spends hours at a time at our table working on school projects and papers, and usually has Pandora or Netflix streaming in the background on her laptop. I can see myself stashing a small box with these capabilities in one of the cabinets and hiding a few small speakers in the kitchen to dramatically improve the quality of our listening experience there.

S

soulrider4ever

Enthusiast
1) I'd prefer System #2, since I'd want internet radio functionality, I would want to use my own speakers and use my own power amp.

2) Not too interested, since I have most everything I want, except for internet radio.

3) I'd use it as an addition to my main bed room system for internet radio.

S

slowlybuilt

Enthusiast
1) System #3 more features are always better.
2)I'm not too interested. I can build a similar system using Windows Media Center for less money.
3)I would use this to extend my current system into the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis