Enter to Win: Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to one (1) Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System to one (1) eligible forum member! Say goodbye to tangled wires and complex installation of your home theater’s surround sound. The Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System gives you audiophile grade surround sound in a pair of easy to set up, high-quality wireless bookshelf speakers. Get great surround sound anywhere you want with the Aperion Zona system! This contest represents a $499 value!

Features:
  • 2-way powered speakers with built-in wireless receiver
  • Uncompressed 16 bit/48 kHz audio quality
  • Wireless range up to 150 feet
  • Plug and Play auto connection
  • 2.4 GHz wireless band
  • USB 2.0 Plug and Play Interface
  • Remote Control
  • Threaded Inserts for Wall or Stand Mounting
To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
HIGH QUALITY DIGITAL AUDIO SYSTEM

Please answer these questions regarding your interest in a high-end integrated digital audio system and the features that it could include. If you don’t see a feature you’d like in any of the options, please note that too.

1) Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you? In each case the “box” or “HUB” is simple and elegant, with a small form factor. Please explain why a certain system is of most interest. What would you change to make it ideal for you?
a) System #1
b) System #2
c) System #3

a) System #1: A high-quality digital wireless streaming system ($999). Features include:

• Multiple sources built into an audiophile quality “HUB”
    1. iPod Dock (Built in)
    2. Universal CD/DVD Player (Built in)
    3. AM/FM HD Radio
    4. Aux In (analog) for portable and other devices
    5. USB for computer audio input
    6. Optical digital input
  • Built-in wireless speaker transmission, for one room stereo or audio distribution throughout your home. Encodes the source material via high quality A-to-D Converter and transmits an uncompressed, CD quality digital signal to an unlimited number of powered wireless speakers within 100’.
  • Includes one starter pair of speakers similar to Aperion Audio’s Zona wireless speakers.
  • Does NOT include an amplifier which is built into each speaker.
  • Does NOT include analog out capability to connect to an external amplifier

b) System #2: A high-quality pre-amp/DAC and networked wireless hub for use with a separate amplifier ($999)
  • Multiple Sources
    1. USB for Computer Audio, or memory storage input
    2. USB for iPod or MP3 input
    3. Universal CD/DVD Player (Built in)
    4. AM/FM HD Radio
    5. Capable of receiving a WiFi network stream of computer stored content (DLNA compliant, Airplay, PlayTo capable)
    6. Capable of receiving a WiFi network stream of Internet Radio and online music services (e.g., Pandora, etc.)
    7. Optical Digital input
    8. Analog input
  • Outputs
    1. USB digital audio out to enable connection of a wireless transmitting dongle
    2. Analog Stereo OUT
    3. Optical digital audio OUT
  • Network connection: Ethernet
  • Does NOT contain built-in wireless transmission, but is wireless enabled
  • Does NOT contain a built in amplifier
  • Does NOT include speakers

c) System #3: A high-quality 2 Channel Receiver / DAC, and networked wireless hub. Similar to System #2, with addition of a high quality audio amplification. ($1,199)
  • Multiple Source Connection
    1. USB for Computer Audio, or memory storage input
    2. USB for iPod or MP3 input
    3. Universal CD/DVD Player (Built in)
    4. AM/FM HD Radio
    5. Capable of receiving a WiFi network stream of computer stored content (DLNA compliant, Airplay, PlayTo capable)
    6. Capable of receiving a WiFi network stream of Internet Radio and online music services (e.g., Pandora, etc.)
    7. Optical Digital input
    8. Analog input
  • Outputs
    1. USB digital audio Out to enable connection of a wireless transmitting dongle
    2. Subwoofer OUT
    3. Analog Stereo OUT
    4. Optical digital audio OUT
    5. Stereo Speaker OUT: 2 x 50 Watt high quality class D amplification for driving traditional speakers
  • Converts digital sources using a very high quality DAC to be played locally to one pair of speakers.
  • Network connection: Ethernet
  • Does NOT contain built in wireless transmission, but is wireless enabled
  • Does NOT include speakers

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE THREAD BELOW
  1. Very interested
  2. Somewhat interested
  3. Neither interested or uninterested
  4. Not too interested
  5. Absolutely not interested

3) If you purchased a system like this where would you use it?

Note this contest ends on December 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
1) Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you? In each case the “box” or “HUB” is simple and elegant, with a small form factor. Please explain why a certain system is of most interest. What would you change to make it ideal for you?
a) System #1 - this seems like the most "stand alone" option which I would prefer given the intent of the system (mostly distribution).
b) System #2
c) System #3

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE THREAD BELOW
Very interested
Somewhat interested
Neither interested or uninterested
Not too interested unfortunately we don't really just listen to anything. we are pretty TV/movie focused. However, given we just finished the deck that could change. But I wired for speakers when I finished the basement and will be using the Zone 2 from my Denon 4310 (with my Yamaha DSP-A3090 providing the amplification)
Absolutely not interested

Deck per previous answer

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
b) System #2

The system 2 sounds like a high quality wireless receiver like SqueezeBox3 I have.
Since my squeezebox 3 is already 4 years old I'd be SOMEWHAT interested in buying one.

M

m_vanmeter

Full Audioholic
I like the stand alone simplicity of System #1, but I'm not excited with just simple AM/FM/HD radio. Replace the HD with wired or wireless access to internet radio, USB input (mp3 and WMA), and then a decent AM/FM tuner and you have a real winner. Just plug it in, connect to network and internet, or stick a USB memory stick in, or tune local AM/FM and you have super options for music sources, local or worldwide.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
1)System #3

I like that she's versatile :cool:

2) Not too interested

Honestly, wireless just isn't a big deal to me, at least for stereo listening. IMO wireless would be a lot more useful in surround and subwoofer application.

3) If I purchased a system like this, I'd use it in the bedroom I guess, as I could keep the preamp next to me?

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
1) I'd prefer System #2, since I'd want internet radio functionality, buy would want to pick my own speakers and use my own receiver (and it is cheaper).

2) Not too interested, since I have most everything I want, except for internet radio already, and I could get that alone much cheaper.

3) I'd either use it in a covered/screened back porch area, or as an addition to my main living room system for internet radio.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I prefer option #1.
a complete standalone would be great, I really don't want to have to buy any seperate amps.

I would use it mostly in the kitchen and any outdoor activities.

G

GregBe

Audioholic
1) I would be interested in option 1. I definitely have a need for a simple wireless system without the need for amplification for a second system.

2) Very interested for some situations, not so much for my dedicated theater.

3) I have a room in my basement where we have a bar and a pool table, and it would work out perfectly in that room.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
1) I would choose system b beacuse it would have a pre and a amp. I would change the amp to ensure that it would have enough channels to accomidate my whole house audio.

2) I would somewhat interested in purchasing this if it would make it easier to use the system in our house.

3) I would use this system to run my whole house audio situation.

E

echopoint

Audiophyte
1) Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you?
I would be most interested in b) System #2

I already have a receiver, and I already have a computer with a wireless network. I'm not really interested in memory storage input, but I would be interested in:

optical digital in for stereo input and encoded multichannel audio
support for airplay
iPod Dock
Pandora and internet radio
Wireless output for remote speakers
Optical digital out
AM/FM HD radio receiver

I don't care about the cd/dvd player

IR or rf remote control
ethernet is nice too

$999 seems a bit high, unless it had an hdmi output and had an on-screen interface that could display information about what song is playing and album art.

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp
As mentioned, I think $999 is a bit high, but I would be somewhat interested if the price was lower.

I have this system in the living room to access my digital media in my office. This would potentially replace an AppleTV. I would also want a remote set of speakers (wireless) in my bedroom, with a remote control that I could use to control the system.

A

audionewby

Audiophyte
a) System #1
b) System #2
c) System #3
(a) System #1: I'd like an analog out capability, plus a more comprehensive wireless distribution system, including a two-zone option, so a set of wireless surrounds in Zone 1 (e.g. Living Room), plus a set of wireless stereo speakers for Zone 2. (e.g. Outside Deck). At least an A/B speaker option if 2-zone is not possible. The description doesn't say whether you'd be able to select which set of wireless speakers would be "on" at any given time, or if they are all on all the time. Maybe blu-ray capability/option too, not just DVD?

1. Very interested
  2. Somewhat interested
  4. Not too interested
Somewhat Interested. I'm currently in the market for a wireless surround system, and this sounds like it could also offer some helpful remote-speaker options for the exterior areas of my house like the front/back deck, which is interesting.

My intent would be as an add-on to my home-theater setup, with possibility of using it as a way to deliver second-zone audio for my current single-zone A/B speaker setup (AVR limitation).

H

hassler

Audiophyte
1) a. System #1
2) Somewhat Interested
3) I already have streaming audio to most of my house using a combination of AppleTV's and Airport Expresses. A portable all in one device would interest me in the cases where I don't already have something set up. Especially outside on the patio in the summer.

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
a. System #1
2) Somewhat Interested
3) I already have several receivers and use Apple TV to stream audio to various indoor locations however internet radio and the ability to put a simple wireless system on my screened in porch would be somewhat interesting.

S

strugs

Audiophyte
1) System 3 because I would want an all in one product so I do not need an amp.
2) Somewhat interested. My primary HT is wired, but my secondary system is a 3.1 system without surrounds.

3) As per #2, as surrounds in my secondary HT in my family room.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja

b) System #2 because I do not own an iPod however the networking functions are intriguing. And because I prefer to use external amplification.

2. Somewhat interested. I'm not sure it brings enough to the table to replace existing system and they lack Blu-Ray.

Probably a bedroom system.

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
1)Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you? Please explain why a certain system is of most interest. What would you change to make it ideal for you?
a) system#1, because it`s the most self contained.
The things I would change is make it multichannel and flac capable and have 2 or 3 HDMI inputs
2)How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE THREAD BELOW
2. Somewhat interested
because I would like a system like this for another room in home, but finances are limited right now
3)If you purchased a system like this where would you use it?
I would put it in my den and out to the bedroom and kitchen

A

aetengo

Audiophyte
a) System #1
This system would be ideal if there was an option for outdoor speakers. I could imagine using this system with multiple speakers around the patio area and/or pool area. I could also imagine placing a tv in the patio area for when the kids play with their friends and need a break(snack time)

a) System #1: A high-quality digital wireless streaming system ($999). Features include:

* Multiple sources built into an audiophile quality “HUB”
1. iPod Dock (Built in)
2. Universal CD/DVD Player (Built in)
3. AM/FM HD Radio
4. Aux In (analog) for portable and other devices
5. USB for computer audio input
6. Optical digital input
* Built-in wireless speaker transmission, for one room stereo or audio distribution throughout your home. Encodes the source material via high quality A-to-D Converter and transmits an uncompressed, CD quality digital signal to an unlimited number of powered wireless speakers within 100’.
* Includes one starter pair of speakers similar to Aperion Audio’s Zona wireless speakers.
* Does NOT include an amplifier which is built into each speaker.
* Does NOT include analog out capability to connect to an external amplifier

4. Not too interested
As soon as I can buy a house with a large deck/patio then maybe

3) If you purchased a system like this where would you use it? I would prefer to use the system as an outdoor hub

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
a) System #1
b) System #2
c) System #3
System #2. DLNA (or AirPlay) and internet radio are highly desirable, but I already have (or will provide) my own high-quality powered monitors in most locations in our house.

1. Very interested
  2. Somewhat interested
  4. Not too interested
Very Interested. I am currently doing research in order to start building a whole-house streaming audio system in the near future, but haven't yet decided on a vendor or specific products.

First priority is to replace a very ghetto iPod/speaker "system" in the bedroom. The number of wires is rather unsightly.

N

nickboros

Audioholic
1) I most like option (a), but it would be nice to have internet radio streaming as well. I'm not sure how useful the integrated CD/DVD player is for me. I would rather save $100 or $200 (or more not having it). The idea of self powered speakers is nice, depending on how good they sound and of course price. Having good sounding in-wall or on-wall self powered speakers would be a nice option to go with this as well. It would also be nice to be able to send two different sources to two different sets or speakers.

2) I'm not too interested right now, since I am in a starter house. In a more permanent house I am very interested in the idea of a hub though.

3) The Hub would be centrally located somewhere in the house, with speakers setup in many rooms throughout the house.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
a) System #1 - this one, it fits my need
b) System #2
c) System #3

Absolutely not interested for my extra room

Bonus room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis