Enter to Win: Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gregcss

gregcss

Audioholic Intern
1. c system #3 because it is a little more geared towards 2 channel.
2. No interested because my current system does just fine.
3. If i did buy this i would use in the bedroom

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic
1) Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you? In each case the “box” or “HUB” is simple and elegant, with a small form factor. Please explain why a certain system is of most interest. What would you change to make it ideal for you?
a)
b)
c) System #3 - I like all the futureproof options of this one. I don't currently steam music, but then again I didn't listen to music on an ipod until a few years ago.

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE

Neither interested or uninterested. There are other audio system purchases I need to make before considering something like this. And being that I'm on a fixed budget, this would be a few years out.

3) If you purchased a system like this where would you use it?

The Kitchen!

F

fgiles

Enthusiast
My little reply

1) Which of the three audio systems described below would be of most interest to you? In each case the “box” or “HUB” is simple and elegant, with a small form factor. Please explain why a certain system is of most interest. What would you change to make it ideal for you?

I would be torn between a) and b). I would be looking at those options so that I could integrate wireless speakers and digital inputs into into my existing system. As you might be able to guess from Econ 101, my interest would be higher at a lower price point.

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE THREAD BELOW

I would be somewhat interested in buying either a) with the addition of analog outputs or b) with built in wireless speaker control.

See above. I would be looking to integrate wireless and more digital features into an existing AV system

J

jimbobby

Enthusiast
contest questions . . . and my answers

a) System #1

b) System #2

c) System #3

I would choose this system (#3) because it has all the features of #2 plus a few more that I consider important (amplification, subwoofer out). The wi-fi capabilities would also be a must for a system like this.

One of my favorite parts about system #1, though, is the built-in wireless speaker transmission. That's killer. System #3 would be perfect if it included this feature.

I wouldn't need speakers as I already have a full set of Paradigms and in-wall and in-ceiling Aperions.

2) How interested are you in purchasing one of the above high quality stereo preamp/amp systems with digital and wireless capabilities PLEASE DESCRIBE WHY OR WHY NOT IN THE THREAD BELOW

I would be somewhat interested in purchasing a system like this. I'm really into playing digital content from my computer in my home theater system. I'm always looking for new ways to make this work.

I'm not sure, honestly, where I'd use this system. It would require me to completely re-vamp the system I already have in place, which would take a lot of thought. For now, I don't have any sound in my master bedroom, but I do have sound in the bonus room and the living room.

I'd probably set it up in the master bedroom & have it stream to the bedrooms upstairs and to the bathrooms as well. If I really liked it I might have to change the way I think about home stereo.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker

a) System #1 - this seems like the most "stand alone" option which I would prefer given the intent of the system (mostly distribution).
Somewhat interested
A:(Based on the type of sound quality)
3) If you purchased a system like this where would you use it? A:Home Theater

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
a) System #1 Allows me to add exactly what i want while being lowest cost.
b) System #2
c) System #3

1. Very interested
  2. Somewhat interested
  3. Neither interested or uninterested
  4. Not too interested - I have an HTPC and several laptops which serve as a wireless music source. Granted they are not simple interfaces.
  5. Absolutely not interested

3) If you purchased a system like this where would you use it? Garage or patio

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General

b) System #2 - seems the best option for me currently plus it has the outputs. With the changing technology, I'd be hesitant to buy anything for $999 that doesn't have outputs. Heck you can get a very nice receiver for $999. Plus most of us already have the extra components.

1. Very interested
2. Somewhat interested
3. Neither interested or uninterested - primary issue is I already have most of the sources listed. Option 3 is closest to what would work best for me and my existing sources. Option 2 lacks the wireless transmission which would be the biggest draw since my current entertainment room lacks the ability to route wires for a 5.1 system instead of current 3.1 (but set to 2.1 for music).
4. Not too interested

I would use it for primarily music only. But I lack a dedicated room for that. My home layout is such that the system must be a dual purpose setup - music and movies. But if I had a dedicated music room, I would consider such a system for that room.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would choose system #2 since it could be more easily integrated with what I already have. The other two sound more like a replacement for an entire sound system which I wouldnt want. I would rather have coaxial rather than optical digital though. the cables are cheaper and I could make my own, and I believe its just a better method.

Not too interested in buying said system though since there are already many options already available that can do basically the same thing for less money. For that kind of money I would rather just get a high quality standalone DAC and preamp.

I would use it with my main stereo system though since..well its all I have.

M

martincn

Audiophyte
a) System #1, though the prospect of having to buy powered speakers turns me off to the idea of a wireless system a bit.

2) Not too interested, as I would prefer to put more money into upgrading my main system at this time and wireless capabilities are not my primary concern.

3) I would use this as a second zone system likely somewhere audible within my backyard (i.e. near external windows . . . yes, yes, not ideal listening scenario, I know, but like I said, I'm not too into this market at the moment!).

C

cory

Audiophyte
1. - System #2 is my fav.

2. - Very interested, it's actually exactly what I am looking for.

3. - I would use it as the central audio player for everything. I could output to a multi-zone whole-house amp, and to AV receivers in the main room and master bedroom. What more could I ask for? Okay, glad I asked... perhaps 24bit/192k support would be nice.

Thanks!
Cory

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
System #2. I'd much rather provide my own speakers and amplification, and I've never cared about wireless features. Things that would make it more attractive - 1) lose the cd/dvd player, and 2) lower price. I wouldn't be looking to buy it at $999, considering how a very capable htpc could be built for less.

Neither interested or uninterested. As it is now, I'd have no use for such a system. All my music listening is done in my bedroom, from my computer.

If I had a nice setup in the living room with more capable speakers, I'd probably use it there.

H

hil

Audiophyte
System #3 would or could work for me IF the amplifier section was truly of a high quality standard. Even without I could find a way to use it because of the connectivity. Sounds like it could roll right into my downstairs system adding the capability of multiple sound streams in the room.

G

godan

Audioholic Intern
Mr

c) System #3

doesn't matter, can't afford

in my fun room

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
a) System #1
b) System #2
c) System #3

c) System #3: A high-quality 2 Channel Receiver / DAC, and networked wireless hub. Similar to System #2, with addition of a high quality audio amplification. ($1,199)

1. Very interested
2. Somewhat interested
4. Not too interested

System 3 could be a great product, but the price is a little high for what it would be doing. I think at that price point, people would be more inclined to use separates rather than an all-in-one system. If it stays at the current price, it should have an integrated blu-ray player as well (w/ hdmi out for video or audio if you want to bypass amp).

Not sure, probably at my house where I don't have a system. My mom would love a device like that :D

K

kibbyster

Enthusiast
contest

1. system 1 seems to be the best
2. not too interested watch more tv
3. the kitchen or office

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
1) System #3 .... cause it's ready-to-go for my needs.

2) Not too interested at this time .... maybe next summer.

3) Probably in a bedroom.

S

Someday

Enthusiast
Enter to Win: Aperion Zona Wireless Surround Speaker System

I like system 1, than 2, than 3. I like choices of amplification to match speakers. I also like quality DACs

As of now, I have absolutely no interest. But in the future, I would pick a system 1

K

kiwiaudionut

Audioholic
1. System 3 seems to make the best sense.
2. Not too interested.
3. Not sure where i'd use it to be honest. I'd first need to prove to myself that wireless speakers actually work well !

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis