Enter to Win: $75 off Carada Order AND Free Shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tz4689

Audiophyte
[SIZE=3

[I]Contest Question: Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase? [/I]

That's a good question, what defines tasteful. I can't stand banner ads that scroll down the page requiring me to close them out before being able to see the rest of the page. That is an extremely annoying feature that more and more pages are using.

Regarding where I do my research regarding A/V products. I search here, AVSforums, and Home Theatre Shack for most of my questions, first hand user reports, and reviews. I trust my fellow Audioholics more than the "professional" reviews on CNET, etc.

I do find the advertisements useful and do use them. If a company makes the effort to help support the forums that us the consumers use for very valuable research and reviews I definitely support them by purchasing from them. The majority of the information is accessable free of charge. I'm sure the sponsors make this possible.

D

Driving Hamster

Contest Question: Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In all honesty I do not look at banner ads all that often. I tend to just glaze over them on my way to text based content. I do most of my product research for HT components on forums such as this (as well as others, i.e. AVS). I trust the opions and experiences of HT enthusiasts more than some Joe Smith who thinks he is cool because he works at a Big Box Electronics retailor.

V

Vanhoecke

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?

A good tasteful ad will get my click if the product is something that I'm looking for. It's also helpful to have a banner on a site that does an independent review of the product. I generall rely on Audioholics, AVS Forums and Cnet for my reviews. I then rely on google searchs to identify venders of a particular product -- obviously I'd go direct to Carada for a projection screen.

K

ktenn

Audiophyte
Carada Contest

1. I do periodically use banner ads when I am in the market for the advertised items.

2. For research I use AVS Forum, Audioholics, and other internet sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis