Enter to Win: $75 off Carada Order AND Free Shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Carada wants your opinion!

Carada is giving away a coupon worth $75 off your Carada Projection Screen AND free shipping to the continental US to five (5) randomly selected eligible winners. The coupon must be used within 6 months of the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Respond to the questions in this contest thread.

Contest Question: Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?

See Carada.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on July 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Crada contest

Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?

I think that website banner adds are effective advertising for internet direct companies. I also like to see detailed product reviews from sites like audioholics of feedback from forum users. I utilized audioholics and their forum for a lot of my A/V research. I also check the secrets of HT site and the av123 forum occasionally. Projectorcentral.com is another good source specifically for front projector and screen reviews and information.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised?

I do appreciate it now and then. For example, audioholics as home theater related banner ads which can be nice if im in the market for stuff so to answer the question, yes.

Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?
Internet Forums definitly.

JessyMcK

JessyMcK

Audioholic Intern
Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Yes, I think they are a great tool for finding new stuff.

Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase? Internet Forums

S

se-riously2

Audioholic Intern
1) Rarely effective, as I rarely click on them. It may be effective for others though. For me, looks come second to performance. On a manufacturer's website, you'll see photos and links to reviews (which are of course always positive), but I want to see positive and negative reviews.

2) Internet forums for user reviews and opinions.

T

TVJon

Audioholic
Carada Survey Answer

>>Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised?

Yes. But only if the advertiser has correctly determined where I'm looking for information so I see the ad. The most effective ads offer unique benefits for clicking through... time-sensitive savings can be a real motivator so long as the offer is really for a limited time and the savings are real.

>>Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?

I surf several user forums for independent reviews and feedback about products. Based on what I've read, Carada has a first-rate rep for customer service. I also try different combinations of search words on Google to see if there's something important I've missed. For example, I found this forum using the combination "Carada Screen Special" because I'm shopping for screens at the moment. When I'm shopping online retailers like Amazon, I do read customer feedback. I also visit local stores to compare what they have against what I find online.

Hope this helps.

TVJon

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?

I don't mind banner ads as long as they are relevent to the website that I am on. It's those weird outliers that have nothing to do with what I am looking for that I don't like.

I do a lot of my home theater research on audioholics. I also utilize avsforum and projector central.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
When the ads are done well and they reflect something I'm looking for, I think they can be very effective. A lot of my product research is done through websites like audioholics and customer reviews and comments.

raneil

Audiophyte
Carada Questionaire Reply

I find ad banners intrusive and irritating and I employ every effort in my software programs to make sure it does'nt happen when I am online. It really ticks me off! I bought my Carada because of the positive reviews of the product and interaction with the Carada web site and employee response. I accessed that the quality/cost was of good value. As an owner now of a high contrast grey 110' 1.78 screen by Carada for the last year I can say it was a wise decision. I would like to switch out the .08 grey for a 1.3 gain screen since my projector's bulb is fading and I would like more contrast.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
[SIZE=3

[I]Contest Question: Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase? [/I]

That's a good question, what defines tasteful. I can't stand banner ads that scroll down the page requiring me to close them out before being able to see the rest of the page. That is an extremely annoying feature that more and more pages are using.

Regarding where I do my research regarding A/V products. I search here, AVSforums, and Home Theatre Shack for most of my questions, first hand user reports, and reviews. I trust my fellow Audioholics more than the "professional" reviews on CNET, etc.

N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
Contest Question: Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Absolutly.

Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase? Online forums such as audioholics.com and hometheaterforum.com

H

Heberite

Audiophyte
Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised?

Yes, as long as they do not "pop-up." The ads that both AVS Forum and Audioholics currently allow are acceptable and effective.

Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?

99% the internet; 1% hard copy periodicals.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Contest Question: Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised? Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?

- Mostly I tend to ignore the banner ads, especially if they are pop-ups. I mainly make my purchases based on reviews and not banner ads. I do understand however that most sites need advertising to pay for the website itself.

Cozmo

M

misterkit

Enthusiast
Pick Me =)

Yes, I think that banner ads can be effective. If I am looking for something its good to come across the vendors/mfr's that I did not know about.

I do a lot of my research online and in specialty magazines.

F

feffpig

Audiophyte
Sure, I've clicked on context sensitive banner ads numerous times in the past. I've even bought some of the products, but ONLY after leaving the initial site and researching the item further. If the item pans out as good quality for the money, I come back and buy it. sometimes, I just use them for ideas and end up buying something else, possibly inspired by the click ad's products.

I used AH quite a bit during my home theater construction (still not complete aesthetically, but fully functional), and will continue to use the site. It makes a GREAT learning and jump off point to get down to the nitty-gritty regarding almost any aspect of AV and HT.

Thanks to all of you who've posted over the years, your posts were read, digested, processed and resulted in my now having built a very, very nice system for amazingly little cash.

Jeff

A

AudioIronHorse

Audiophyte

Sometimes banner adds are useful and I have clicked on them to visit a vendors site. They also sometimes point me in a direction for researching a particular item, such as I see an add for Carada Screens, I'll do a search and check out if any reviews have been posted for that product. They do stir up some interest, for myself anyway.

All product reseach that I do is done via the internet. Specifically for audio/video, AVSForum, Audioholics, PROJECTORREVIEWS and HOMETHEATERHIFI.

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
normally I dislike banner-ads, but this site is a rare exception. The bulk of the ads I've seen are about products that are related the this site. I have looked into the velodyne in-wall subs simply because of the ad on this site and am considering purchasing it for my media room

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I dont find banner ads very effective. Submitting product for reviews to sites like Audioholics is far more productive and informative and where I do most of my research.

M

MatrixDweller

Enthusiast
Advertisments

I do often click on banner ads when it looks like the product is something I'm interested in. I typically click through more often if it's something that's offered as a good deal or if the banner ad is catchy and flashy. I would not normally click though an ad that looked cheap figuring that the poster was doing things on the cheap so what could I expect from them regarding their product or service.

I normally make my mind up before hand of what I want by researching reviews, forum postings and manufacturer's websites. A banner ad might make a name stick in my head though and I might do a search on the name. That's half of what advertising is about...getting your name out there.

O

ocortex

Audiophyte
Carada Contest

Contest Questions:

1. Do you feel that tasteful banner ads on websites are an effective form of advertising when you’re actually in the market for the type of product being advertised?

If it wasn't for the second part of the question, I'd say no, but I've noticed that when I am actually on the market, I will click on banner ads if they have the right message and visuals (message is essential for me to click on it, visuals are essential to catch my attention). Otherwise, in general I tend to read (independent) reviews of the product more than advertisement.

2. Where (specifically) do you do most of your product research when considering a home-theater-related purchase?
My one and only projector was bought online from CapLink because they were somewhat trustworthy and cheap. This experience went very well, so I'd probably buy another one from them.

I haven't bought the screen yet, but I am on the market for one right now, so I am looking at reviews and will most likely buy directly from the screen company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis