Enter to Win: 6x2 Component Video Selector Switch from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?

I will need one shortly.

If so, what features are important to you?
Component video, toslink, discrete IR,

How many inputs and outputs should it have?
6 in. 3 out.

N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
Currently I am just using my Onkyo for A/V switching, however, I will be needing a matrix switch sooner than later after as I am now out of inputs.

Flexibility, and a lot of in/outs. Easy to use and setup.

For inputs at the very least:
2 composite
4 Component
3 HDMI

For outputs at least
1 composite
2 component
1 HDMI

C

CURTvaritek3833

Audiophyte
1) What features are important to you?

As a poor college kid this would be such an AWESOME piece of equipment becuase i already have planned out how i'm going to use it. This is so versatile because i'd be able to plug my x-box, my roommate's ps2, my speakers, movies or clips from my laptop onto my tv. The best part is, i can SELECT which ones i want to be using and can rotate between the two TVs between us. That way our room would be sick and we'd be able to play either system on either TV at anytime without the hassle of moving a bunch of cords around. But unfortunately this cost a little more than i can afford so i'm hoping to win and make my room pretty sweet.

2) How many inputs and outputs should it have?

I'm not sure of an exact number that it would need to be, but having 6 inputs with 2 outputs right now sounds pretty comfortable because i'd have use for most of them if not all of them at some point. Its pretty convienient becuase i wouldn't have to mess around with the plugs and since it can fit so many things at once, having to hit a button or use a remote to select which ones to be in use would be quite alright with me.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Contest Questions: Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?

not for component.

If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?

remote controlled switching. 3-4 in and at least two outs is fine by me.
i notice that there is indeed a remote! I'm thinking if this unit can be used for source switching, speaker switching (with different amps), amp switching for easy A/B testing! (even for A/B/C/D/E/F switching!)

F

feffpig

Audiophyte
No, I've never had one but would not mind at all having a good one. I use my Denon 4806 to switch but it'd be a good thing to relieve the receiver of that duty.

For inputs I'd probably want
3 or 4 HDMI in and 2 out,
2 USB ports for computer interfaces
Component, same as HDMI.
The specs would have to absolutely transparent..I don't want signal losses just because I'm switching outside of my AVR.

P

project86

Audioholic
In one of my rooms, I have a small TV that only has a single S-video input, so I use an S-video switch. But that's the only similar item I have use for.

If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have? I would think high quality connectors would be a must, and 3/3 would be plenty for me.

matthewdclarkaz

matthewdclarkaz

Audioholic Intern
RE: Enter to win.

Q1:Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?

A1:Not at this time, but plan to have future need. Really interested for use in whole home audio/video solutions (one main equipment room to run all A/V house wide)

Q2:If so, what features are important to you?

A2:Multiple zones w/ selectable source, standard component width. Perhaps integration into a network to allow for software driven switching via computer or RS-232 for control systems.

Q3:How many inputs and outputs should it have?

A3:Four in, two out (component), Four in, two out (HDMI), with options for four in, four out (component & HDMI).

Great product as is though. :)

Last edited:
sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Q: Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?
A: I'm only using the component video switching built into my receiver where I'm out of inputs. I could really use this switch.

Q: If so, what features are important to you?
A: Switching both video and digital audio with no loss in quality. Logitech Harmony compatibility.

Q: How many inputs and outputs should it have?
A: At least six inputs, but a single output is fine for my situation.

S

sic0048

Audiophyte
I do not currently have one, but will need one soon as I expand my whole house A/V system.

Number 1 requirement for me is a serial control protocol (RS-232) that is complete and two way, and publically available so that it is easily integrated into a larger control system Like Crestron or AMX, CQC, Main Lobby, Girder etc.

The more the better if you are going with a switcher to integrate into a whole house A/V system. 8x8 isn't uncommon at all. So need even more than that.

auplater

auplater

Audiophyte
>>Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?

No..using arcane receiver switching at present

>>If so, what features are important to you?

Plenty of I/O and an intelligent remote with ergonomically EASY backlit function keys

>>How many inputs and outputs should it have?

As many as feasible at a given price point, that will function reliably and without fuss

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
I'm not using a switcher---could use one as well!

As for features, I suppose not losing anything in translation is #1 and being able to have a multiple zone feature would be useful as well

I would like as many I/O as is possible to have greater flexibility

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Contest Questions: Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?

I have a need. The most important feature is quality of signal passing through. It should have at least 4 inputs and a minimum of 1 output.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Contest Questions: Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?
No, I am not currently using one. I'd like to see HDMI & component outputs as well as coax & optical digital and a DVI port would be handy for some things too.

As far as inputs, I need a bunch of component.

Feature wise, a simple remote is nice, also as slim and understated a front panel as possible.

Senior Audioholic
Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?

Yes I could use one that has four or more inputs and two outputs.

Intagrated audio switching (analog and digital) would be a great feature to include.

V

Vanhoecke

Junior Audioholic

Currently need a matrix switch, both component and HDMI. I'm constructing a HT that will include three seperate displays driven by one A/V rack with five sources. The switch needs to pass 720p, 1080i and hopefully 1080p signals. Should have ability to use analog and digital audio signals. Switch needs to be IR remote compatable.

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
Not really. I only have one HDTV in the house.

IR control and likely RF control for multi-room use.

2-4 video outs and 4+ video inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis