Enter to Win: 6x2 Component Video Selector Switch from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a 6x2 Component Video Matrix Selector Switch valued at $179.99 to three (3) eligible forum members. For more information on the prize, please visit Impact Acoustics.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? No, doesn't seem like something I would ever actually need.

If so, what features are important to you? If I did integrate one into my home I would look for high quality build with good functionality.
How many inputs and outputs should it have? 4/4 just to be safe, I doubt the casual user would need more.

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?

Yes. I would like to be able to route sources to my display
or reciever.

If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?

6x2 seems good. I would just drop the front connections
and add coax digital.

tonay

tonay

Junior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a 6x2 Component Video Matrix Selector Switch valued at $179.99 to three (3) eligible forum members. For more information on the prize, please visit Impact Acoustics.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
I'm currently using my AVR for a switch but would like to take that stress of the unit - so this is something I'm interested in. As far as inputs - 3 HDMI (DVD, HD cable/sat and Xbox/PS), a USB for computer based stuff and component as many as can hold. Output should be 1 HDMI and digital audio.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you?
I'm not using one now, but as I expand my system over the next couple years, I might want one, assuming whatever AVR or pre-pro I have at the time doesn't fit the bill. Features? Being able to route devices almost every which-way.

How many inputs and outputs should it have?
More than standard AVRs and pro-pros provide. Let's say four inputs, at least. Outputs? At least two.

Chris

D

dlrepp

Enthusiast
Right now I don't have a use for this, but you never know. I would eventually like to centralize control but we are in the middle of redoing an old house and I might have to wait until the next one. This unit could be pretty valuable at work or church also.

At least 4 ins and 2 outs sound pretty good. Thanks for the opportunity. Dan

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
IA Contest

Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?

I only have one HDTV, so I do not currently need a matrix switch. For people who do need this type of switch, I would expect to see 2-4 video outputs and 4 or more video inputs. IR control would be necessary and possible serial control or a video sensing feature to automatically change to the active input.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Not at this time, but in due time im sure.

If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?
Coax Digital might be nice. Id say 3 or 4 inputs and probably 3 outputs would do the job

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have?
Yes, I am using a matrix switcher. It is an old Extron Matrix 100 switcher I picked up on eBay with 8 RGBHV inputs x 8 RGBHV outputs. I am using RGB to carry component and H to carry digital coaxial audio. I use a Crestron Pad8 to handle my other analog audio needs.

For me, I currently have 7 component video sources and 4 destinations... So I've almost outgrown what I already own. I think there needs to be some variety across the board for what a company offers in matrix switchers personally.

T

TamaraDLeonard

Enthusiast
I don't have one now, but in the future I can see the need for one as I add more components.

D

DCBrian

Audiophyte
I do not have one now, but I can see needing on in the future
7/3 HDMI I would like to see USB control as well to for control of the switch from a PC
Inputs.. I'm thinking PC/Sat/game system/game system/game system/BR/HD-DVD

USB/RS232/IR control of the swtch

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch? No

If so, what features are important to you? How many inputs and outputs should it have? The abilitly to transfer a clean and quality signal to all outputs. 2 inputs, 6 outputs

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, but I do use a HDMI switch.

Automatic switching would be nice. I probably won't need more than 3 inptus, but 4 would probably be good.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Contest Questions: Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?

not for component.

remote controlled switching. 3-4 in and at least two outs is fine by me.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I currently have a 4-way switch for my game systems. I do have the need for a switch, as i don't have enough HDMI inputs on the TV. Inputs -- as many as possible, with a focus on newer tech like HDMI and DVI. Outputs -- I'd settle for one HDMI.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic

Not currently using one but when I add the HDTV tuner to my projector, I will want the ability to switch inputs.
My need is really only 3x1 but 4x2 would be nice for future expansion. 6x2 is overkill for me but, what the heck, who said we were rational people?:p

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q1. Are you currently using or have a need for a matrix switch?
A1. No.

Q2. If so, what features are important to you?
A2. Maximum flexibility.

Q3. How many inputs and outputs should it have?
A3. Eight.

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic
No.
If so, what features are important to you?
Clean signal, no loss.
How many inputs and outputs should it have?
The more it can do the better!

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
I currently do not own or have a need for a matrix switch. If I did, most important would be the number of outputs/inputs followed by switch on/off indication, followed by design/shape.

H

hhh222

Audiophyte
As soon as I buy a Blu Ray DVD Player and a Tivo Series 3 I will need one of these.

A minimum of 4 in and 2 out component & 2 channel audio & coax & or optical audio.

I don't need it now but HDMI in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis