Enter to Win: 50% off DVIGear Order

Overall how does our website compare to other A/V sites that sell direct to consumers

• One of the best websites I’ve ever visited

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A very good website

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • About the same as other websites

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Not a very good website

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of the worst websites I’ve ever visited

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clayman88

Junior Audioholic
Things I Like:
- Prices and descriptions being clearly listed next to each item.
- Large (high res) & clear photos of every product. This is a BIG Plus IMO.

Things To Improve:
- Create a smooth, congruent image connecting the left-side menu and top banner. This would really look slick and more professional. (yours does NOT look bad or unprofessional)
- It would be useful to expand upon your Education Center by adding more How To's.

Keep up the great work, guys! :)

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Website Feedback

List your two favorite aspects of our website:
1. Fairly easy to navigate.
2. Straightforward.

List two things that would improve our website:
1. Add more descriptive content for the product offerings because the current descriptions are often too sparse.
2. Change your name -- and product offerings -- to emphasis HDMI over DVI, since the former is more "forward-thinking." There is certainly a market for DVI products, but it seems that HDMI will probably be the digital video interface of choice in the future.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
Website is easy to navigate with links on left hand side

Would be nice if words in top image were linked and if there was an easy way to find out order status

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Good things:
Great product info. As someone who loves to do research I found your sight very helpful in describing the products. I was going to ding the site on a lack of general educational info, but then I found the Education link, so I stood corrected. I agree with several of the comments below about combo specials and also about more how to (maybe digital connectivity options for various popular receivers and your products - Denon 3805/6 Yamaha 2500/2600, etc.)

T

treetownal

Audioholic Intern
List your two favorite aspects of our website
1. Education Center
2. Straighforward simple layout

List two things that would improve our website
1. More links to the education center so when you click on a cable you can then go there to see whether it is the correct one.
2. Design is very technical/sterile. It conjures up images of computer tech dept guys. Could add more aesthetic appeal.

K

kearaboss

Enthusiast
1. List your two favorite aspects of our website

Site is easy to navigate and very well laid out

2. List two things that would improve our website

links in the top banner, order status

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
1. I like the simple format - easy enough to find the products you are looking for.

2. Not a lot of product means that some sections really don't have much of anything in them and may be combinable into a single section. A few of the links to 'zoom in' on a product image did not work for me. The side column, that lists the products - doesn't actually say 'PRODUCTS' - it just lists them. I would add that identifier so nobody is left confused.

At the top of the screen, right under your logo are the words "cables adapters wall plates switchers splitters repeaters scalers signal converters" - Which look like links to those sections of your site, but don't actually. I would either get rid of them, or make them links to those sections of your site.

I would add multiple views of the products so that I can see the front and back. It would be nice.

Finally, some links open new windows, while others open within the current session. Pick one! If half of what I click opens a new window, then when I click one that doesn't I forget to use the 'back' button, I close the window and I'm out of your site. Not your goal for sure.

I would add sub-menus to the left side of the screen where products are listed. Take a look at the Extron website which is very large but has products that show all subcategories for a section on the left when that section is selected - it helps to make finding a product a bit easier.

Woo-hoo - king of the ideas here. ;) I do like the site... really.

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
Tom A [B said:
Contest Questions:[/B]
  1. List your two favorite aspects of our website
  2. List two things that would improve our website

1) My favorite aspect is your selection. Awesome selection of products! I also enjoy the accolades (i.e.Audioholics’ prestigious Product of the Year Award for 2005) listed. They help provide confidence in your products.

2) One improvement I would like to see is your cables/adapters/wall plates... list at the top of the page should be made clickable. It would also be nice if when doing a search you show a category breakdown of the results so I can ignore some categories or focus on other categories.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I like the website's:

Clear and easy navigation.
Up-front, easy to find pricing.

What I'd improve:

Better, more appealing graphics.
More substantive reviews and links section.

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
2 of my most admirable aspects of the site..

-The entire section that gives detailed *useful information on a wide range of topics dealing with Home Audio/Video.

-I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but, the reviews, the layout, and just the fact that you can email the people who do the reviews and ask questions and actually GET a response--Just brings the feeling to me that I can TRUST the site. And that gets high regards in my book.

2 things that would make me favor this site more..

-It would be great if you did more reviews on more budget equipment. I know you already have done some budget stuff. But I would just like to see a lot more.

-Another thing that would be great is an image gallery. BUT, a price range gallery. It would be something like this, differently galleries categorized by a certain price range (500-$1000, $2000-$5000 etc.). Along with two different categories-Stereo (for the 2.1 setups) and HT. So people could get an idea of what THEY can buy with their budget.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
1. Easy to navigate. Glad you provide an 800 number!
2. Great education and glossary sections. With all these crazy formats rolling around, you can't assume we devote our entire life to following the latest AV trends.

1. You really want to move product? Lower your prices.
2. Change your return policy to allow calling and getting an RAN instantly. Allowing yourself up to 2 days to respond is NOT good customer communication.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
Improvements: 1. Lots of info on Video connectivity - need more info on various audio connections; at least I could not find it. 2. More info on the advantages of fiber optics.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis