Enter to Win: 50% off DVIGear Order

Overall how does our website compare to other A/V sites that sell direct to consumers

• One of the best websites I’ve ever visited

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A very good website

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • About the same as other websites

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Not a very good website

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of the worst websites I’ve ever visited

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
DVIGear giving away 50% discount coupon codes (see below) that can be used on your ENTIRE order for DVIGear products to five (5) randomly selected winners that respond to the questions below. In addition, five (5) randomly selected winners will receive an attractive DVIGear T-shirt in the size of their choice. Each T-shirt will be delivered to the respective winners at absolutely no charge.

To enter, please visit our website at dvigear.com and post your specific responses to the questions below:

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Take the poll above and answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
  1. List your two favorite aspects of our website
  2. List two things that would improve our website

Extra BONUS for Audioholics Readers!!!
Don't want to wait for the contest? As they say, “Seeing is Believing”. Use discount code AH-0106 to get a 5% discount on ANY of our Super High Resolution™ DVI and HDMI cables.

Notes:

1. These coupon codes are good for 50% off any single order with an aggregate MSRP value of up to $500. Coupons are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or credit. All unused coupons expire as of June 30, 2006.
  2. This contest ends on January 31, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.
Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic

Straight forward website, navigation is simple

prices included with pics of products

2.Improvements

Include links to the information bar accross the top

More examples of uses in the education section

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

I assuming you meant about the DVI Gear website:

1) I think your site is one of the easiest to move through. The links are great, the item descriptions are good and the education center is great. Discontinued and closeout items are always a good thing.

2) It would be nice if you could show both ends of your converters, splitters and switches to show connections.

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
Things I like:
- It only takes one click to get where you want to go.
- There is not a lot of extra overhead and graphics. It just lets you get to your information quickly.

Things that could improve:
- When I saw the banner on the top of the page with cables, adapters, etc, I expected to be able to click on them and it would take me to that section.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
DVI Gear website

"1. List your two favorite aspects of our website"
- Thorough product offerings and reasonable prices.
- Audioholics specials.

"2. List two things that would improve our website"
- More consistant look and feel. Use DVI Gear logo blue color for side bare and implement a flash type menu interface.
- Make the top listing of your products functional links to the product pages. Use a top menu OR a side menu.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Best:
1) Links to product categories right on the home page
2) The close-up pix of the connector/jacks !!!
3) (extra credit?) The instant access to the definitions/glossary page from the product pages

Improvements:
1) My first inclination was to click on the words under the logo, but they're not links. Maybe they should be. Or redesign so they look less like links.
2) Instead of linking to a # in the entire full-size glossary page, I would prefer a smaller pop-up with only the definition for the term I clicked on

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
I really like the no nonsence aproach. I also like that you call out those that need calling out.

I do wish you could review a few more companies then you do.

T

Tritonman

Junior Audioholic
List your two favorite aspects of our website:

Easily find what your looking for on the left frame side of website..specially the search field and contact us. Some websites dont make the contact us OR the search field easily viewable

Nice pictures of what you are selling as well as ability to enlarge them

List two things that would improve our website

I would make the banner up top links to get to the section they are describing

I would make the left links on the page expand and collapse like an Explorer view with sub categories to get to a specific section quicker

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Favorites:
1. Education Center
2. Easy to find what you're looking for.

To Improve:
1. Extra banner - what's the point of the banner at the top that says "Your digital connectivity experts"? You already have a title banner above that.
2. Should be able to click on the [>] graphics next to the navigation links, and the links at the top under the banner.

O

opcode1300

Audiophyte
List your two favorite aspects of our website:
1.) Market presence (trade shows and awards)
2.) "Education Center" on the site bar and a clean site design (little or no flash)

1.) i am not a fan of yahoo shops. IMO it draws away from the technical aspect of the company
2.) How far the user has to "drill" down for get to the final product.
[Example]
Home > Cables > Digital Video Cables (DVI, HDMI, etc.) > DVI Cables > DVI-D Super High Resolution Copper Cables

S

s002wjh

Junior Audioholic

Straight forward website, navigation is simple, easy to find the prodcut

prices included with pics of products

2.Improvements

More picture of connections on the cable.

lower price:)

More examples of uses in the education section

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
DVIGear

The two things I like from the website:
1. Easy to navigate with pricing listed clearly (instead of saying: please contact us for special pricing, I hate that!!!)/straight to the point web.
2. It has the connectivity reference which helps me a lot in determining what I need rather than having to go through the detailed specs.

IMHO, two suggestions for improvements might as well be the following:
1. There are blank space on the right-hand side of the web, utilize it or maximize the use of the page (if run out of ideas, just make the links larger or more attrative by using buttons instead of simple text links).:
2. Use more flash or dynamic html coding on the web. DVIGear is "supposedly" a hi-tech gear sales merchant. I think it will make people think higher about how professional you are in the business.

C

ckrawec

Audiophyte
List your two favorite aspects of our website

1. Education Center, thorough and informative.
2. Closeout Listing, always looking for the deals.

1. Home page almost appears a little bare, right side is completely vacant.

2. Shopping cart icon, looks like a faint, little giraffe on my computer.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
50%off DVIGear contest

Question one,A; Good site with usefull information.The two things I like most are the clairity of product information and the build quailty of DVIGear both in terms of production and application. Question two,A; Improved pictures showing all in & out,(both ends of connectors).

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Overall a good site for specific connection needs; technically oriented and lots of useful information!
Love the wall plates, I will wait to order some in case I am a winner!

1. Education center with link to connectivity reference table - very nice indeed. Also direct email for support and a real phone #.
2. 1 year warranty on products. Many competing companies only have 90 days. Although many high end cable companies have lifetime warranties.

Areas for improvement:
1. Bar at top of page could be a direct link for products; currently just for looks.
2. Like many I am not a fan of Yahoo shops. Could also set up to accept Pay Pal for transactions.

C

Cubswin

Audiophyte
2) Wealth of knowledge on helping individuals in selecting new/upgrading components and in calibrating a system

Improve:
1) Menu and links are busy not clean. A lot of information but cluttered.
2) More pictures in Learn About articles.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
1)The link to your educational center is excellent.
2)Easy navigation to finding the product you are looking for.

Suggestions:
1) I tried clicking on the words at the top of the site and they aren't links. I think you could clear up a lot of confusion by making those links.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
Nice layout and easy to navigate,lots of description for the cables.

Should have the top bar clickable,show the ends of the cables.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
good layout

fast navigation sometimes flash slows down things too much
(bonus)
prices with product listing++:)

better picures for detailed pics. ie. show the connections head on a top view does not answer any questions about placment/ layout of terminals boxes for switchers

Better use of space on the right looks a little empty
(bonus)
if the left side menu expanded to get closer to the product type the customer wants so as not to have to search all items in that catagory would speed navigation even more.

A

AV Newbie

Audiophyte
1. Clean & easy to find(product/website)

2. Combo specials ex. (switcher & cables package)
Educational web links with pics ex. (why you need DVI/HDMI article with a picture you can click)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis