Enter to Win: $200 off your Carada Projection Screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Carada wants your opinion!

Carada is giving away a coupon worth $200 off your Carada Projection Screen to three (3) randomly selected eligible winners. The coupon must be used within 6 months of the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) respond to the questions in this contest thread.

Contest Question: Please rank the following 5 facets of image quality, as related to front projection systems, in order of importance to you:

• Color accuracy
    [*]Brightness
    [*]Contrast
    [*]Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
    [*]Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)

See Carada.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on September 30th 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TVJon

Audioholic
Contest Question: Please rank the following 5 facets of image quality, as related to front projection systems, in order of importance to you:

1) Color accuracy

2) Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)

3) Contrast

4) Brightness

5) Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)

TVJon

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
1. Color accuracy
2. Contrast
3. Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
4. Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)
5. Brightness

J

jigesh

Enthusiast

• Color accuracy
    [*]Brightness
    [*]Contrast
    [*]Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
#1. Color accuracy
#2. Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
#3. Contrast
#4. Brightness
#5. Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)

F

frogpond1

Enthusiast
Hmmm this is a tough one. But my wife and I have tested samples sent by Carada so here goes. Of course the samples were small squares but you could get an accurate idea of what the overall picture was going to look like.

1. Artifact free image (Sparklies Bad) All samples did not show this, a good thing.
2. Color Accuracy To my wife and I the grey sample gave the picture a greenish tinge.
3. Contrast Brilliant and Classic White did a decent job with contrast.
4. Brightness Brilliant White helped a little and provided what seemed to us the best picture and viewing angle.
5. Viewing Angle

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
1. Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
2. Contrast
3. Color accuracy
5. Brightness

G

GRIMM

Audiophyte
* Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
* Color accuracy
* Brightness
* Contrast
* Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
Contrast
Artifact-free image
Viewing angle
Color accuracy
Brightness

JessyMcK

JessyMcK

Audioholic Intern
Contrast
Brightness
Artifact-free image
Color accuracy
Viewing angle

C

Cozmo

Audioholic

* Color accuracy
* Brightness
* Contrast
* Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
* Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)

#1 Color accuracy
#2 Contrast
#3 Artifact free
#4 Brightness
#5 Viewing angle

-Coz

T

tz4689

Audiophyte
#1 viewing angle
#2 Artifact free image
#3 contrast
#4 color accuracy
#5 brightness

-tz

M

mluttermoser

Enthusiast
1) artifact free image
2) Color Accuracy
3) Contrast
4) Brightness
5) Viewing Angle

mluttermoser

G

gnn

Audioholic Intern
1. Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
2. Contrast
3. Color accuracy
5. Brightness

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They would stack up like this for me:

1) Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
2) Color accuracy
3) Brightness
4) Contrast
5) Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)

I am in need of a larger display and FP is a definite possibility for me. Where to locate the projector is a question for me as I have a high vaulted ceiling, but price vs performance this is still an option for me.

M

misterkit

Enthusiast
1) Color accuracy
2) Artifact-free image
3) Contrast
4) Brightness
5) Viewing angle

Carada wants your opinion!

Carada is giving away a coupon worth $200 off your Carada Projection Screen to three (3) randomly selected eligible winners. The coupon must be used within 6 months of the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) respond to the questions in this contest thread.

• Color accuracy
    [*]Brightness
    [*]Contrast

See Carada.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on September 30th 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
E

e73bass

Junior Audioholic
$200 off Carada screen

First of all may I suggest this contest be moved to the projector and screen forum.

#1 Contrast
#2 Color accuracy
#3 Artifact Free
#4 Brightness
#5 Viewing Angle

A

AudioIronHorse

Audiophyte
Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess”)
Color accuracy
Brightness
Contrast
Viewing angle

O

ohio

Junior Audioholic
1) Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
2) Viewing angle (the uniformity of brightness from various viewing positions)
3) Brightness
4) Contrast
5) Color accuracy

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
1. Color Accuracy
2. Artifact-free Image
3. Brightness
4. Contrast
5. Viewing Angle

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
My ranking:

• [*]Artifact-free image (no “sparklies” or “graininess” imparted by the screen itself)
    [*]Color accuracy
    [*]Brightness
    [*]Contrast

I really hate sparkle screens. I don't know why, I just do... I think after that the color accuracy is pretty important. Viewing angle last. I am pretty much straight on in my room with nothing needed for the sides.

Btw, this contest is fantastic!! I already own a Carada screen, but if I won, I would most certainly upgrade to a larger/wider screen. Thanks a ton!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis