Enter to Win: $200 off order from Emotiva!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

famorales

Audiophyte
First post

1. What size subwoofer is most appealing to you? 8”, 10”, 12” or ??

Currently looking for a 12"

2. Do you prefer single our dual driver design, either active of with passive radiators?

Not sure since I have not heard a dual driver design

3. Do you like the sound of front firing or floor firing designs?

Have only heard front firing design but am currently looking at down firing design

4. In choosing between SPL or low frequency extension, which is attribute more important to you?

Low Frequency with SPL

5. Do you prefer super compact (high pressure) subwoofers or are conventional (larger) designs more desirable?

Currently looking at cylinders

6. Do you place your sub in a corner of the room or somewhere away from the wall?

Corner

7. Would you rather have a sub with a built in amplifier or a dedicated stand alone amplifier?

Built in

8. Would you rather have an Auto Room EQ system with a measuring microphone or manual parametric controls allow you to set the EQ yourself?

Auto Room EQ

9. What price range do you feel is the most desirable for a high performance subwoofer system (be realistic! )

The most desirable for me is going to be between $600-$800

10. What color and finish is the most desirable to you? If you had the choice of two finishes, what would they be?

Rosenut & Black

W

waptap

Audiophyte
12"+ (size trumps power)

2. Do you prefer single our dual driver design, either active of with passive radiators?
Single active

Both have benefits, but front firing for me

4. In choosing between SPL or low frequency extension, which is attribute more important to you?
LFE

5. Do you prefer super compact (high pressure) subwoofers or are conventional (larger) designs more desirable?
Larger! Size does matter!

6. Do you place your sub in a corner of the room or somewhere away from the wall?
Corners a foot or two out

7. Would you rather have a sub with a built in amplifier or a dedicated stand alone amplifier?
Built-in for ease

8. Would you rather have an Auto Room EQ system with a measuring microphone or manual parametric controls allow you to set the EQ yourself?
parametric!

9. What price range do you feel is the most desirable for a high performance subwoofer system (be realistic! )
$2k is the sweet spot

10. What color and finish is the most desirable to you? If you had the choice of two finishes, what would they be?
Piano gloss black, traditional dark wood

Pick me!

B

BradB

Enthusiast
12" or larger

single passive

front firing

low frequency extension

conventional (larger)

Along wall, near, but not in, the corner

dedicated stand alone would be better, although I have not seen one

I would rather do this manually, but would choose automatic measurement controls if the measured more accurately than I can manually with a radioshack SPL meter and test tone CD

Hsu and SVS have some amazing subs in the $500-$1000. So for me to go elsewhere, I need a sub that is in a different class performance-wise around $1500, or a comparable sub in the "sub" $500 range.

Black or real wood veneer cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis