Enter to Win: $100 off Hsu VTF-3 HO Sub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
HSU Research wants your opinion!

Hsu Research is offering five (5) $100 off coupons any single VTF-3 HO model sub ($899 for the HO and $999 with the turbocharger) to forum members that answer the question below in this forum. Coupons are good through 12/31/06 and can not be used in conjunction with any other special or promotional offer.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the question below in this contest thread:

Contest Question: What is the most you are willing to spend on a subwoofer? Up to $200, $400, $600, $800, $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, or $2500+? How much did you spend on your current subwoofer?

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
My next sub purchase was going to be a def tech trinity, retails for $3000. I currently use 2 supercube references at $1750 ea. retail and a sunfire mkII true sub at $1200 retail. I did not pay retail. I've read craigsub's review of the big hsu and am impressed by how impressed HE was.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I could probably do $1000. I am easy though and could be convinced of much more probably.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
dont have one at the moment. but id be willing to spend around 1200...

most likely will end up spending less though.

J

JonSilver1

Audiophyte
My budget is roughly $600 to $800. Paid $150 for my current subwoofer, a Phase Tech Power 10, which was a steal.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Question: What is the most you are willing to spend on a subwoofer? Up to $200, $400, $600, $800, $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, or $2500+? How much did you spend on your current subwoofer?
I would probable spend $600-$800. My current sub cost me $175 about 5 years ago if I remember correctly. A JBL PB12 new in the box. a steel if I do say so. It's not the greatest but it does ok. An Hsu would be a nice step up!

SBF1

C

cyngreen

Enthusiast
I am willing to spend up to $1500 on a subwoofer. I bought a bargain one before ($200) and now know the big difference in quality.

W

wafflebird

Audioholic
Well $500 bought me something I love but.........

I love my Velodyne DLS-R3750, and I mean love it. But when I get a house (currently in a condo) I will be upgrading. I think if the quality is there $2,000.00 would be my limit.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
$1000 would be my limit.

I paid 399 for my current Klipsch sub.

J

jmcmann

Audiophyte
$1500 would be my limit - but it needs to be the sonic equal (not just fancier wood) of two $750-$800 units as my space requires (I'm beginning to sadly realize) dual subs.

I currently run a single $600 sub...not cutting it.

K

kens

Enthusiast
$1000 is the max I would spend on a single sub. However, I plan on using two subs so my budget is $2000. Currently, I do not own a sub.

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
I'm thinking between $1000 and $1500 would be the upper limit. There are a lot of good choices in that price range to do whatever you would want a sub to do. I currently have a $350 Velodyne sub in my HT and am looking at the different offerings from HSU and SVS to match to a set of Ascends in the future.

Steve

S.R. Johnson

S.R. Johnson

Junior Audioholic
my limit will be up to the $1000 range. I currently have a Acoustic Research PR808 sub I bought from Accesseries4less.com for $109. Man that was a steal! I do love my sub but it is time to step up to a larger sub for the system!!

C

CUBE

Audioholic Intern
I paid 250.00 b-stock and when I upgrade I think at the most I'll spend 1500.00.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
If a subwoofer impresses me enough, I'd be willing to spend up to about $1,000 on a sub.

My current sub is a Rocket ULW-10 which retails for about 500. I was able to get a good discount and the sub is awsome for the money!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
$1000 would be high end for a sub in my listening room. My existing sub was $249.

T

Tumara Baap

Enthusiast
Top limit would be $2,000. For that sum, I hope sub would perform close to Paradigm Sevo 15 or Velodyne Digital drive standards. Balanced in and out are a must. So is fully variable phase. PEQ not necessary since I can do a lot more with a professional unit like Rane. Adjustment for gain in small sealed rooms would be a nice plus. Crossover doesn't matter since it'll be handled by a processor. Tell you what; give us something with the walk and talk of a Revel B15a for $2,000 less, and even those with lower spending limits will have second thoughts on how much to spend. Sealed versus ported not a deal breaker as long as final performance is stellar.
Current sub is an aging Hsu TN series...about $800 for sub and amp.
Tumara Baap

S

squire.10@osu.e

Audioholic Intern
How much I'm willing to spend on a sub depends on what I can afford. My current (with absolutely NO intentions of upgrading) sub is an SVS 20-39pc+ that I purchased used for $550. I got raked on shipping though, so the total cost was about $725. $800-$1000 had been my absolute ceiling at the time, however. If I had the money to spend, sure, I'd spend close to $2K or more for an SVS Ultra 2 or something. It would have to really cut the mustard, though--real-world performance in my living room is all that matters. Period. Incidentally, I wouldn't even conceive of spending that kind of money if there weren't a serious trial period during which I could get full refund, no questions asked.

M

mvc

Enthusiast
Next sub

My current sub is a cheap radioshack/JBL stuff - I bought it used as a package with my main speakers.

I will be looking to upgrade my sub since I have upgraded my mains to RBH. I am looking either at Hsu HO or ACI Titan or SVS Plus. Budget preferably less than $1K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis