Enter to Win: $100 off Hsu VTF-3 HO Sub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phillip Tran

Enthusiast
good question!

$500 is what I am willing to pay this year. I don't have a sub yet. I am shopping for one.

PS: I haven't decided whether I should choose a ported or sealed Sub.:confused:

Phillip

P

Phillip Tran

Enthusiast
good question!

$500 is what I am willing to pay now. I don't have a sub yet. I am shopping for one.

PS: I haven't decided whether I should choose a ported or sealed Sub.:confused:

Phillip

D

daman4799

Junior Audioholic
The most I would be willing to spend at this time is about $900. My last sub was a HSU VTF-3 MKII.
I can tell you this I would have a hard time getting rid of this one, nice product. :D

Later, Daman

D

davidsbr1

Audiophyte
$1000 Limit

I wouldn't spend more than $1000 on a sub. I am looking to upgrade. I currently have 2 BIC V1210 subs that I paid $150 a piece.

M

maxcooper

Audiophyte
Up to $1000. My current sub was $600, but I need something bigger and will move my current sub to a secondary system.

-Max

T

tdubnrae

Enthusiast
Sub

I'd go as high as $1000. I'm getting all the electronics together right now to put together three rooms (game room, living room, dedicated theater).

Thanks

Tony

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
$2500

I would spend up to $2500 on a sub if I thought the performance vs. value was there. I spent $2,000 on my last sub.

F

federiko

Audiophyte
1000 usd would be my limit. Previous expense on a subwoofer 400 usd

A

akline

Audiophyte
right now I am looking at buying a subwoofer for our 5th wheel trailer. for this I am willing to go up to $600. It is pretty much the size that is the limiting factor as well as cost-but size is the priority.

Our current subwoofer was purchased a few years back and we paid around $500 for it. When I finish my movie room I will go up to probably around 2k or so for the subwoofer.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
$600 is my max. Currently I own two subs for 2 separate systems that I purchased used - $143 and $85 respectively.

C

Christian M

Enthusiast
I reckon $800 is tops. If the difference in sound quality is good enough, I think i'd go to 1k. Anything would be better than 4yr old polk sub - it's a good sounding piece but needs to be replaced.

- Christian

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
I'd spend up to $1,000 each for two subs ($2,000 total). My home theater is in a 4,500 cubic foot "great room" and I suspect that two $1,000 subs will fill the room better than one $2,000 sub. However, given that I do not currently have a sub, anything would sound better than my current setup.

L

Legairre

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
[
Contest Question: What is the most you are willing to spend on a subwoofer? Up to $200, $400, $600, $800, $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, or $2500+? How much did you spend on your current subwoofer?

The most I would spend is $800.00 and I've currently spent $800.00 on my subwoofer

M

moodyda

Audioholic Intern
:cool: I would spend up to $1,500, after that I believe you only get diminishing returns on your investment. Last sub purchased Klipsch SW-12 about 12 years ago ($400 approx. scratch and dent) which has been an adequete performer, but may be near the end.

C

cbizot

Audiophyte
I'm very much a value guy. If I could get a $2000 sub for $1000 I'd do it, but right now I'm looking in the $500 to $600 range. I believe this price range represents the most bang for the buck. The only sub I currently own is an 8" Energy sub that came with a "Take 5" package.

Last edited:
brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I am not sure (or rather not up to answering the question)
As I have entered tons of these contests (just about every one up till now), and have never won.

Where my friend majorloser (whom I brought to AH, has won at least 5-6 times)
And I started entering way before him.
(I am wondering if it (the contests) are rigged, or that the random drawing looks for particular names)

And usually I give IMO what are great replies. Even the one that wanted help with their website - I gave honest opinions.
However - I am done with that...

But so I can say I at least now will try 50%. I have at least entered the thread...

S

sahihai

Junior Audioholic
A very relative question...also a good statistical study.

I, given my current situation, which consists of - how much I can spend (irrespective of how much I earn because this is passion and not just another appliance), how loud I can play (includes wife and kid's tolerance, which also considers whether I have a separate room or basement to set up my sound system, which I dont), whether i want this for music or movies or both, is this my first serious Sub (yes) and lastly, but not limited to, how much I want to trouble my neighours (i.e. I live in a Townhome), - would spend about $600. Maybe down the line, I may spend more, but being newcomer to this side of the consumer world, I would start with spending less.

I do not own any Sub currently.

-dAre2dreAm

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What is the most you are willing to spend on a subwoofer? Up to $200, $400, $600, $800, $1000, $1500, $2000, $2500, or $2500+? How much did you spend on your current subwoofer?
Due to the wife keeping a carefull eye on the pocketbook and us building a house, I'd have to say I could spend up to $600 for a sub.
My current Sub was for free....but it is broken. So all my speakers are running large. They all have 10"-12" woofers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis