Enter to Win: $100 off Hsu VTF-3 HO Sub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
1. Internet Direct.
2. Performance/Value proposition.
3. No snake oil, at all, period.
4. Customer service, including forum participation.
5. Comprehensive product lineup.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Contest Question: What FIVE features/characteristics do you like most about Hsu Research?

1. The doctor! :)
2. The subs.
3. The customer service.
4. The pricing.
5. Did I say the subs?....superb bang for buck!

P

Peter Marcks

Banned
1. I like the...

Wait a second :eek:

Seriously, thank you all for the input so far, we very much appreciate it. We would also like to thank Audioholics for their generosity and support.

The question asks for 5 features/characteristics you like most. These features/characteristics need not be so general either.

Some examples of desireable features/characteristics that we originally came up with included: slim profile, minimized width, end table height, small size, light weight, low shipping cost, variable tuning without restricting porting, high headroom quad-pumped amplifiers with 4x peak-to-RMS output, drivers using XBL2 ™ Linear BL motor technology, flat power response, good balance of low distortion, low turbulence bent porting design, strong output and response down to 16Hz, minimal port noise, high upper bass headroom, upgradeable performance characteristics, metal spiked feet, rubber feet, no-cost finish options, customized placement and setup advice, company reputation and history, company support forum, or any other miscellaneous items.

Now, to choose 5 from this list...I will leave that up to you guys.

Have fun with this, and thank you all again!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Peter Marcks said:
1. I like the...

Wait a second :eek:

Seriously, thank you all for the input so far, we very much appreciate it. We would also like to thank Audioholics for their generosity and support.

The question asks for 5 features/characteristics you like most. These features/characteristics need not be so general either.

Some examples of desireable features/characteristics that we originally came up with included: slim profile, minimized width, end table height, small size, light weight, low shipping cost, variable tuning without restricting porting, high headroom quad-pumped amplifiers with 4x peak-to-RMS output, drivers using XBL2 ™ Linear BL motor technology, flat power response, good balance of low distortion, low turbulence bent porting design, strong output and response down to 16Hz, minimal port noise, high upper bass headroom, upgradeable performance characteristics, metal spiked feet, rubber feet, no-cost finish options, customized placement and setup advice, company reputation and history, company support forum, or any other miscellaneous items.

Now, to choose 5 from this list...I will leave that up to you guys.

Have fun with this, and thank you all again!
Peter...long time...It's good to see you're still out there.

We were just responding to the question...which I guess was not well worded. "What five features/characteristics of Hsu Research do you....."...NOT Hsu subs. But I guess we should have assumed what the mod was meaning. (But you know what 'assume' makes out of us.....;) )

So, lemme start again.

1. Fabulous bang for buck subs.
2. Great ported subs for both music and HT. My STF-1 played beautiful tunes. The STF-3 whomped my huge room in HT setup.
3. Reasonable footprint...it can actually be moved by a normal human. :)
4. Wonderful customer service from everyone at Hsu Research. (Gotta say something about the great treatment I received.)
5. The VTF provides flexibility (variable tuning) few others can match.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
1) Flexability...cross-over range, Variable tuning & upgradeable performance means I could change my system and not have to buy a whole new sub.

2) Customer support...Everything from picking out what sub to buy to placement/setup/forum/guaruntee/return policy makes me feel that Hsu cares about it's reputation and building relationships with the audio community.

3) R&D...H.O. option shows that Hsu thinks "outside the box". (pun intended) The sound quality and masses of fans of all your products (not just one or two) show that alot of time goes into every product you make.

4) Product range...8"/10"/12"...something for almost everyone. (I wonder how musical the doctor and company could make a 15"/18" sub? and when are the tubes due back? Don't answer here of course Just thinking out loud.):)

5) Quality & Value...Anyone with internet access can get all of this for a very good price.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
1. They listen to the customer.
2. Product are low in price but high in quality.
3. Large selection of products. Something for everyone.
4. Internet direct-great way to pass saving to the customer.
5. Excellent customer support.

majorloser

majorloser

What FIVE features/characteristics do you like most about Hsu Research?

1) Great website and forum.
2) Beautiful finish on their sub cabinets. (I love the rosewood)
3) They work with their customers.
4) The pricing is excellent (the MOST bang for the buck)

5) Last but not least............

A bass so low and hard it rocks the house to the foundation!!!!!

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
The five best factors of HSU Research:
1. Quality products
2. Great values
3. No BS
4. Room shaking bass
5. Customer service

jcsprankle

jcsprankle

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Contest Question: What FIVE features/characteristics do you like most about Hsu Research?
1. Beautiful styling with great finishes.
2. Quality product that performs wonderfully.
3. Price points that can't be beat.
4. Excellent money-back guarantee.
5. Constant research that makes a great product even better over time.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Well, I do not own a HSU sub, or a working sub, BUT, from what I have read, and seen in a friends house:

1. Sounds great for movies as well as music.
2. Price vs Performance
3. Looks great....minus the turbo.
4. Good customer support
5. Dr. HSU is in touch with what audioholics want.

B

Biggins

Audiophyte
1. Price
2. Performance
3. The Dr.'s personal interest in customer service.
4. Listens to the customer's wants/needs.
5. No fluff with fancy cabinets jacking up costs.

SackoHammers

SackoHammers

Audioholic Intern
I just ordered my first HSU sub today. I might not know as much about them as most people on here.

1) love the sound - I'm a newbie at this so I cannot give some long, drawn-out insightful answer. I like what I hear, thats all I can say.

2) warranty - I want to do business with a company that stands behind their products. Kudos.

3) Reputation - I like to buy things that are well known, well tested, and widely used. These are well liked and well trusted products.

4) Aesthetics - They just look cool. I'm glad I ordered one, I'm excited about having it sit in my well-designed front room.

5) Lastly, I like them for offering the opportunity to win a discount on their products in this manner. I think this is a great contest!

T

tiger

Audiophyte
1. After spending days reseaching subs <$1000 I have concluded that HSU offers the most performance for the money.
2. Dr. Hsu's reputation as a sub designer is unsurpassed by anyone in the industry.
3. The HSU subs are smaller than other brands of comparable performance.
4. The HSU subs are "musical" as well as powerful.
5. The ability to audition the product for 30 days seals the deal.

B

btravis311

Audiophyte
The company seems credible.

Word of mouth reviews are positive.

Products look good.

Internet direct pricing seems like good value.

Customer services reviews are positive.

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
From what I have read and what I have heard, HSU produces some of the finest quality audio merchandise on the market.

The price is not too far out of the average consumer's range. This means that with a little research or advice from somebody with HSU experience the average person can afford a better quality subwoofer for the same (or lower) price than their local store.

The HSU forum provide a great way for persons like myself to learn about what current owners think about the products. Also, it allows us to ask questions from the manufacturer and get a quick response.

On some of your products you offer a good sellection of finishes to allow us to match our furniture and speakers. It is difficult to hide an ugly box. Your wood finishes allow us to proudly display our equipment and not have it stand out in a bad way.

From what I've heard from past costomers, HSU offers excellent customer service and support long after the purchase of the merchandise. That just doesn't happen in these days with the big companies. Personnalized service is always a PLUS.

And as my husband would say, "It had better shake the house". HSU seems to fit that bil nicely :p

majorloser

majorloser

loserwife said:
From what I have read and what I have heard, HSU produces some of the finest quality audio merchandise on the market.

The price is not too far out of the average consumer's range. This means that with a little research or advice from somebody with HSU experience the average person can afford a better quality subwoofer for the same (or lower) price than their local store.

The HSU forum provide a great way for persons like myself to learn about what current owners think about the products. Also, it allows us to ask questions from the manufacturer and get a quick response.

On some of your products you offer a good sellection of finishes to allow us to match our furniture and speakers. It is difficult to hide an ugly box. Your wood finishes allow us to proudly display our equipment and not have it stand out in a bad way.

From what I've heard from past costomers, HSU offers excellent customer service and support long after the purchase of the merchandise. That just doesn't happen in these days with the big companies. Personnalized service is always a PLUS.

And as my husband would say, "It had better shake the house". HSU seems to fit that bil nicely :p
Besides, she wants the Canton sub I stole from her back :p

J

JohnM

Audiophyte
Great performance (musicality, freq resp) at a reasonable price.
Company reputation
Customer interaction and relationship (forums, etc.)
Money back guarantee
Personalized advice and feedback

J

JHixson

Enthusiast
They appear very honest right now trying to do the right thing for everyone on the HO waiting list.

The people at HSU are very friendly when you call.

Peter is always available to answer questions on the different forums.

The nice selection of subwoofers for different budgets.

They have a good reputation as a quality product.

spyboy

spyboy

Junior Audioholic
1) Innovation
2) Excellent Customer Service
3) Bang for the Buck
4) Options, such as the Turbo
5) Models for virtually any budget

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
1. Reputation.
2. Owner involvement. Dr. Hsu thinks enough of customers to respond to questions personally.
3. Quality of products. Both build and audio quality.
4. Price.
5. Innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis