Enter to Win: $100 off Hsu VTF-3 HO Sub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
HSU Research wants your opinion!

Hsu Research is offering five (5) $100 off coupons any single VTF-3 HO model sub ($899 for the HO and $999 with the turbocharger) to forum members that answer the question below in this forum. Coupons are good through 12/31/06 and can not be used in conjunction with any other special or promotional offer.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the question below in this contest thread:

Contest Question: What FIVE features/characteristics do you like most about Hsu Research?

Note this contest ends on May 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Daz3d&Confus3d

Daz3d&Confus3d

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What FIVE features/characteristics do you like most about Hsu Research?

1.) That Dr. Hsu is a MIT Grad. The fact that he's attended the world's most prestigious mathematical school is a huge plus. It speaks volumes about the man’s intelligence.

2.) The fact that Dr. Hsu also left behind civil engineering to pursue a passion for sub design tells me that he has put forth great effort, time, and energy in designing his subs.

3.) Anytime you have a successful online company that does either the bulk or all of their sales via the Internet and has had great success doing that (e.g. Hsu Research, SVS, Axiom, etc.), it communicates to the rest of us that these companies produce a quality product.

4.) If I may mention ‘price’ as a quality or characteristic of Hsu Research then I do so….I feel they offer one of the best bangs for the buck in the business!

5.) ‘Money back Guarantee’ …the one major downside of purchasing audio equipment through an online vendor/company that solely sells via the Internet is the inability to audition the product in most cases. A ‘money back guarantee’ provides security to me that I may return it if for whatever reason I don’t enjoy the bass reproduction that the Hsu subs provide.
:)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
What FIVE features/characteristics do you like most about Hsu Research?

* The way Peter answers questions on forums.

* The price points. They are just above "budget" subs, but below those out of reach for most budding HT builders.

* The size. The products are large, but not HUGE. They need to fit in the typical family room.

* Reputation for music. I've rarely heard negative comments about an HSU sub having trouble with music, especially in the 40Hz to 100Hz range.

* A nice range of products. There's something for almost everyone in the lineup.

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic
Quality products.

Have good advertisement aimed towards audiophiles = quality products.

Perfect sized subs that has much more power than the naked eyes can see.

HSU + music = you probably got the best.

Involved with the consumers to deliver what they want and how they want it.

The Numenorian

The Numenorian

Junior Audioholic
1) The people at Hsu are realists! They don't sell you something and make claims that are unrelative or improportionate to their products. And the reviews on their site are equally truthful, from what I hear.

2) Great factory-direct sales and pricing. No middle man!

3) Product functionality. While all their subs don't go down to 16Hz effectively, they weren't designed to, and aren't advertised to do so. They do a great job at what they were designed to do, and don't have crazy deep bass without control.

4) Wide range of products. From entry level to high end, Hsu has the products to fit my budget and needs.

5) Money-back return policy. Along with Axiom and other factory direct producers, Hsu's ability to accept a product that wasn't up to your needs and deliver a full refund is a dream come true for starters and audiophiles alike.

T

tylerdurden

Audioholic Intern
1. Unbelievable price points

2. Room shaking bass

3. Quality in the build process

4. Knowing you are buying a product that the manufacturer will stand behind

5. Did I mention the price points yet? Even so it's worth another mention

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
1) Bang for the Buck pricing on their subs.

2) Dr. Hsu takes the time to answer your some of your questions personally, whether by phone or email.

3) 30-day money back guarantee.

4) Hsu Research does not try to oversell you a sub...they are honest about what product will best fit your needs

5) Product build quality is top notch

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
HSU Contest

1. Internet direct sales model.
2. Great customer trial period, return policy, and waranty.
3. Products have a high "Boom for the Buck" ratio.
4. Great build quality and real wood finish offered on some products = higher WAF.
5. Promotions such as this one.

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern

1.) Realistic claims; I don't feel I have to verify from numerous third party sources that a Hsu product will live up to expectations

2.) Company is responsive to customer feedback and concerns!

3.) Respect for brand; as a current Hsu owner, it's nice to see the new products pushing the envelope. Innovations keep me looking at the newest products they release.

4.) Excellent value for their products.

5.) Money back Guarantee. The Hsu sub I currently have was the first online, sight-unseen purchase I made. Although after setting it up I never considered returning it, that peace of mind was invaluable!

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
dr hsu is credible.

i like the reviews,

the look it pretty nice,

value and internet direct

customer service

mytzen

mytzen

Audioholic
1 - Internet direct sales is the best characteristic to me since it allows Hsu to offer a lower price on their subs which in turn gives them a better value.
2- The 30 day money back guarantee is the next most important item. By using internet direct sales it can be very difficult for consumers to audition your products. This gives the buyer reassurance that if they don’t like the sub they can always give it back for a full refund.
3 - Although I have never used this, the Hsu customer service seems to be really well set up. On their webpage there are numerous links, email addresses and phone numbers to contact them about. It seems like they have put a lot of effort into satisfying potential and current consumers.
4 - The warranty on the products is good and is important to me. I like to see manufacturers that will stand behind their products.
5 - Quality and respect are other characteristics that that I like. Hsu products are thought of highly on this forum as well as others. Whenever someone asks about what type of sub they should get, it is pretty much a guarantee that Hsu will be mentioned.

J

jmanlp

Audioholic
1) High quality construction
2) Great value for the money
3) Great sounding subs
4) Good looking subs
5) Good customer service

Stone__Man

Stone__Man

Audioholic Intern

1. Has to be quality and accuracy of bass reproduction.

2. The fact that the founder is a very well educated man that is dedicated to his work.

3. I like the way peter does NOT 'color' his forum posts to appear that his represented product is the ONLY choice a buyer may have.

4. No middle man. (internet direct savings).

5. Excellent build quality, customer service & warranty.

J

jigesh

Enthusiast
1. Speed and accuracy of the bass reproduction (musicality)
2. Value
3. Pre- and post-sale Customer Service
4. Refraining from engaging in malignant/allegatory pseudo-competitive discussions and comparisons
5. Desire to improve upon already great productline

B

Bobby2x

Junior Audioholic
1: Price Vs. Quailty

2: involvment in the industry

3: Makes your room shake!

4: Looks good

5: Cash back quarenttee

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
1. The company is about making quality products. Emphasis on sound quality is key.

2. Smaller company who's business is primarily word-to-mouth.

3. Great customer service.

4. Fair return/replace policies.

5. Good selection of high quality products.

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
1) Dr. Hsu = Technical Cred.
2) Internet direct = bang / buck
3) Offering > brick and mortar at roughly same price points
4) Big but not HUGE product lineup
5) Repuation for excellent customer service.

~Josh

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Hsu Research

1. Online shopping convenience without having to pay for any retail price mark-ups.
2. Fantastic reputation of products in professional and customer reviews.
3. The research that goes into every Hsu Research product.
4. The range -- and reasonable -- price points of subwoofers offered.
5. The availability of Hsu Research-designed subwoofers -- that is, more quality products to choose from -- at Outlaw Audio (another favored online retailer).

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Internet direct sales saves money for the consumer.

Great return policy, waranty, and customer trial period.

Products have a high "Boom for the Buck" ratio.

Great build quality and real wood finish offered on some products

Participation on this website and promotions

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
The five things I like about Hsu subs:

1) they are internet direct from the manufacturer - the way of the future
2) the crossovers are 24dB/octave - the only responsible choice
3) the subs have variable tuning: extension (my choice) vs. SPL
4) crossovers lower limit is 30Hz - nice for larger mains
5) crossover is bypassable

Status