Energy speakers (Factory New) being sold via eBay?!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As far as I knew, these have been off the market for some time.
Maybe they found some hidden in the back section of a warehouse somewhere?
RC-10 bookshelf
RC-LCR Center (and L&R)
CF-50 Tower:

I am not recommending these as the design is getting a bit too old to be competitive and there is also some question of whether quality was sacrificed after Klipsch bought Energy and started wholesale clearance pricing them while otherwise killing off the brand (same was done to Mirage which was (I believe) a sister company to Energy.
It is interesting that they have resurfaced, and I wonder if any of you have any idea whether or not Energy might have had another production run just to see how it fared.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
As far as I knew, these have been off the market for some time.
Maybe they found some hidden in the back section of a warehouse somewhere?
RC-10 bookshelf
RC-LCR Center (and L&R)
CF-50 Tower:

I am not recommending these as the design is getting a bit too old to be competitive and there is also some question of whether quality was sacrificed after Klipsch bought Energy and started wholesale clearance pricing them while otherwise killing off the brand (same was done to Mirage which was (I believe) a sister company to Energy.
It is interesting that they have resurfaced, and I wonder if any of you have any idea whether or not Energy might have had another production run just to see how it fared.
Possibly unopened but definitely not newly made lol ... shame mirage died I never got any of those , I liked energy consssuer but I returned them for entry level Klipch stupidly I could had kept both ..
wish I kept the energy bookshelves I had 3 pairs ... probably never find a deal that good again .
I tried them with a wimpy amp stupid me ... that was 7 years ago gotta be another value speaker just as good today .

I’ve never tried eBay for speakers but hey those are cheap .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Energy by Klipsch? No thankyou. Id choose a 20 year old Energy speaker over anything that Klipsch put out. Klipsch gutted a company that produced better loudspeakers than anything Klipsch ever produced and still managed to f?ck it up. Look at their latest release that they put out. High priced garbage.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't blame Klipsch, I squarely blame on this murder Klipsch owners - Vox aka AudioVox. They are real ebil here.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Don't blame Klipsch, I squarely blame on this murder Klipsch owners - Vox aka AudioVox. They are real ebil here.
This happened before Audiovox entered the picture. It happened around the time they bought Energy and Jamo in about 2004-2005-ish. This practice is one thing I really hate about many industries- they buy competitors who are "taking money that could be mine" and squash them.

highfigh

highfigh

In case anyone is interested, I have a pair of Energy in-ceiling speakers from pre-Klipsch. I can put an ad in the buy/sell area if someone wants them.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Probably not newly manufactured. The RC series was from ~ 2007-8. Energy and its sister Mirage were good companies back in the day, with well-built speakers. I had Energy bipolar APS 5+2s in the late 90s (they have built-in subs), put them in storage, and then gave them to my uncle who is still using them today (with not a single problem). Also had Mirage OMD-15s from '09 - '19 until an electrical spike fried the tweeters; I'd probably still be using them if that hadn't happened. Too bad Klipsch just killed the brands.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Energy by Klipsch? No thankyou. Id choose a 20 year old Energy speaker over anything that Klipsch put out. Klipsch gutted a company that produced better loudspeakers than anything Klipsch ever produced and still managed to f?ck it up. Look at their latest release that they put out. High priced garbage.
Just to clarify, these are definitely speakers designed by Energy. Klipsch did not redesign these three speakers (but they could have slacked off production standards). I think this is a safe statement because there was never a change in the model/version ID for these speakers.
The Energy 5.1 Take Classic (compact satellite/sub 5.1 system) seems to be the longest Energy design continued after the Klipsch takeover. I have not followed it enough to see if Klipsch may have done some "adjustments" to the design over such a long period.
Klipsch also managed to get some mileage out of Energy subwoofers.
It seems like they simply milked all the profits they could get out of Energy's designs until either sales or production (tooling, parts availability) dried up!

highfigh

highfigh

Just to clarify, these are definitely speakers designed by Energy. Klipsch did not redesign these three speakers (but they could have slacked off production standards). I think this is a safe statement because there was never a change in the model/version ID for these speakers.
The Energy 5.1 Take Classic (compact satellite/sub 5.1 system) seems to be the longest Energy design continued after the Klipsch takeover. I have not followed it enough to see if Klipsch may have done some "adjustments" to the design over such a long period.
Klipsch also managed to get some mileage out of Energy subwoofers.
It seems like they simply milked all the profits they could get out of Energy's designs until either sales or production (tooling, parts availability) dried up!
From what I heard, Klipsch bought Jamo because of their CE certification and Klipsch didn't want to jump through the hoops. Jamo, being a Danish company, needed CE to sell in Europe and many other countries, Klipsch wanted to expand their market range. Another reason Jamo sold is that the founders wanted to retire- I heard from the head of Jamo's US operations that they were putting all of the company stock in a holding company and immediately asked if they were being sold.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
From what I heard, Klipsch bought Jamo because of their CE certification and Klipsch didn't want to jump through the hoops. Jamo, being a Danish company, needed CE to sell in Europe and many other countries, Klipsch wanted to expand their market range. Another reason Jamo sold is that the founders wanted to retire- I heard from the head of Jamo's US operations that they were putting all of the company stock in a holding company and immediately asked if they were being sold.
Why is jamo still made and energy and mirage both got axed ?? So weird

Rip

highfigh

highfigh

Why is jamo still made and energy and mirage both got axed ?? So weird

Rip

At one time,Jamo was the #3 producer in the World of finished speakers, meaning they weren't selling components, only items that were ready to use/install (in the case of the in-ceiling and in-wall speakers). This put them behind only Bose and the Harman Group (JBL, Infinity, Revel, etc). Why would Klipsch stick a fork in Jamo when they were being outsold by the company they had bought? They had the money, Jamo's directors decided it was a good exit plan and Klipsch got the company, its goodwill, market penetration and CE designation. Jamo outsold Energy and Mirage, combined.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
At one time,Jamo was the #3 producer in the World of finished speakers, meaning they weren't selling components, only items that were ready to use/install (in the case of the in-ceiling and in-wall speakers). This put them behind only Bose and the Harman Group (JBL, Infinity, Revel, etc). Why would Klipsch stick a fork in Jamo when they were being outsold by the company they had bought? They had the money, Jamo's directors decided it was a good exit plan and Klipsch got the company, its goodwill, market penetration and CE designation. Jamo outsold Energy and Mirage, combined.
Energy and Mirage were small Canadian companies but they made excellent speakers and subs before being swallowed by Klipsch.

highfigh

highfigh

Energy and Mirage were small Canadian companies but they made excellent speakers and subs before being swallowed by Klipsch.
I know- been in the business for 45 years and a couple of the distributors I use carried all three brands, then added Klipsch because they owned the others. I didn't like Klipsch buying Jamo (actually, I had a problem with Jamo selling because I assumed they would leave their thumbprint on it, but it wasn't my call because I wasn't part of the ownership), didn't like them gobbling up anything else and don't like the practice, as I posted. It happens in too many industries and companies like Gibson, Fender and others have wasted good companies, just to get something they wanted before shutting the smaller companies down.

It's good to see that PSB still seems to be independent.

Last edited:
J

JPARAUDIO

Audiophyte
TheaterRoom_Painted.jpg

I know this thread is older, but one of the more recent Energy Speaker related ones. I jumped on the eBay Energy speaker bandwagon when looking to upgrade my home theater to ATMOS 11.2.8. You can't see the back speakers in this picture, and I just painted, so the screen is not yet mounted back on the wall.

I needed to save some money yet still get quality sound since the pre-amp was going to be a large section of my budget. After about 6 months of eBay auctions and buy it now, I had spent $1500.00. This is the final amount after I resold a few of the extra speakers I did not need from "sets" for $800 ($2300.00).

I was able to get:
[All Connoisseur]
3 x CF-70 (Front L/R and Center)
2 x CR-10 (Front L/R Height/Presence)
2 x CB-10 (Front Wide L/R)
6 x CB-20 (Surround L/R, Surround Wide L/R, Read Surround L/R)
2 x CIC80 (Top Front L/R)
2 x RC-6C (Top Rear L/R)
2 x CB-10 (Rear Height/Presence L/R)

I've heard many other speaker setups, by many other companies, and mine sounds just as good (if not better than) almost all of them. I also ended up buying a bunch of Crown XLS amplifiers on eBay as well to power the lot.

Last edited:
J

JPARAUDIO

Audiophyte
View attachment 48583

I know this thread is older, but one of the more recent Energy Speaker related ones. I jumped on the eBay Energy speaker bandwagon when looking to upgrade my home theater to ATMOS 11.2.8. You can't see the back speakers in this picture, and I just painted, so the screen is not yet mounted back on the wall.

I needed to save some money yet still get quality sound since the pre-amp was going to be a large section of my budget. After about 6 months of eBay auctions and buy it now, I had spent $1500.00. This is the final amount after I resold a few of the extra speakers I did not need from "sets" for $800 ($2300.00).

I was able to get:
[All Connoisseur]
3 x CF-70 (Front L/R and Center)
2 x CR-10 (Front L/R Height/Presence)
2 x CB-10 (Front Wide L/R)
6 x CB-20 (Surround L/R, Surround Wide L/R, Read Surround L/R)
2 x CIC80 (Top Front L/R)
2 x RC-6C (Top Rear L/R)
2 x CB-10 (Rear Height/Presence L/R)

I've heard many other speaker setups, by many other companies, and mine sounds just as good (if not better than) almost all of them. I also ended up buying a bunch of Crown XLS amplifiers on eBay as well to power the lot.
AMPS.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis