Energy RC-50's vs. Infinity Primus P363's

Status
Not open for further replies.
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Three sets in one month! And I thought bad with my bedroom system. ;) Four sets of fronts plus a tweeter upgrade in three years. :eek: But I'm all done in that room.
I just bought the latest version of the HTD Level Three speaker.
For $299 a pair, it is amazing what a company with the name
Home Theater Direct, can do with speakers. And they were as
always double boxed. They were wrapped in black cloth and not
placed in cheap foam. They look high end, and passed the knock
test again. That is 56 sets of speakers in 20 years - I need to
slow down.

And yes, they do sound good - and the ribbon horn tweeter has
a polite sound character. I think I will weigh them against the
Focal 705V and the NHT Classic Two.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
That is 56 sets of speakers in 20 years - I need to
slow down.
That's a bunch. I had the same speakers from 1980 until 2004. Since then I've gone two sets of Boston VR series before settling on the Salks. The bedroom has had the 4 sets of speakers and 3 subwoofers in just a few years before settling on the Sierra-1NrTs and Hsu sub. I don't even want to think about my office (Klipsch, Energy, Behringer, and finally EMP).

L

leowiz

Audioholic Intern
So Meele, do you want to share where you are getting the deals on the Infinity speakers or is that a secret ?

Matt34

Matt34

I just bought the latest version of the HTD Level Three speaker.
For $299 a pair, it is amazing what a company with the name
Home Theater Direct, can do with speakers. And they were as
always double boxed. They were wrapped in black cloth and not
placed in cheap foam. They look high end, and passed the knock
test again. That is 56 sets of speakers in 20 years - I need to
slow down.

And yes, they do sound good - and the ribbon horn tweeter has
a polite sound character. I think I will weigh them against the
Focal 705V and the NHT Classic Two.
I've always been interested in the HTD Lvl 3 tower that uses transmission-line tuning. Did you get the dark cherry by chance? I don't care much for the manufacture photo of it but some owners say it's much nicer in person.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I've always been interested in the HTD Lvl 3 tower that uses transmission-line tuning. Did you get the dark cherry by chance? I don't care much for the manufacture photo of it but some owners say it's much nicer in person.
Much nicer in person - they were out of light cherry.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
So Meele, do you want to share where you are getting the deals on the Infinity speakers or is that a secret ?
Where are you buying these PC351 for $130?

Thanks.
Since you no longer are interested in the infinities, you should post your source for em
Can you share your source of purchase now that you have yours on order? PM me if you would like. Thanks.
^^ Here is a fine example of what I posted in the other thread ^^.

Post:Quite a few members asked you about the deal, where were you able to buy these at such a great price and you don't answer them, why?. We all like to help each other when it comes to cutting costs, also you continue to refer to this as "your" thread and you post things like this- so don't post if you don't like it - keep out and so on and so on,its getting a bit obnoxious. I would just like to remind you that this is not your thread this place belongs to AH and "all" of its members and you are simply a guest like the rest of us. If you are so pleased with your cost cutting deal on the Infinities how about sharing the info and if you will not then how about we just no longer discuss them period especially if the are so secretive.

M

Melee

Audioholic
^^ Here is a fine example of what I posted in the other thread ^^.

Post:Quite a few members asked you about the deal, where were you able to buy these at such a great price and you don't answer them, why?. We all like to help each other when it comes to cutting costs, also you continue to refer to this as "your" thread and you post things like this- so don't post if you don't like it - keep out and so on and so on,its getting a bit obnoxious. I would just like to remind you that this is not your thread this place belongs to AH and "all" of its members and you are simply a guest like the rest of us. If you are so pleased with your cost cutting deal on the Infinities how about sharing the info and if you will not then how about we just no longer discuss them period especially if the are so secretive.
It has nothing to do with being secretive. Honestly, after the way I have been treated the past week or so by several of you, I have no desire to help anyone.

However, I'm not going to stoop to that level because there are people here who have done so much for me and some who are innocent in this regard that would really appreciate this.

The site is Electronics-Expo

The Coupon Code is "dealzon"

It discounts the P363's to $156.97 Each and the PC351 to $133.81. I believe you can also get the P153's for around $57 each. You still have to pay the shipping, but even with it included, it is still much cheaper than anywhere else.

Now, please let all of the other bullcrap end here and let's move on. I enjoy this forum and I've learned a lot on here, but I don't like being mistreated when I did nothing wrong. I simply asked "too many" questions. I didn't insult anyone or do anything harmful.

I hope this helps you guys.

Thanks.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
It has nothing to do with being secretive. Honestly, after the way I have been treated the past week or so by several of you, I have no desire to help anyone.

However, I'm not going to stoop to that level because there are people here who have done so much for me and some who are innocent in this regard that would really appreciate this.

Now, please let all of the other bullcrap end here

I hope this helps you guys.

Thanks.
Honestly, after the way I have been treated the past week or so by several of you, I have no desire to help anyone., I think you should post "by several members" as one really does not know who "you" is, :confused: I think thats correct :eek:.
Just because only a handful responded via posting in your thread it certainly is not an indication of which members took an interest in the threads and would consider these speakers for their very own HT. I am sure you realize that many members simply read without posting , I have seen members that joined years before myself and they may have 50 or less posts but the light is on and they are actively seeking more knowledge based on these threads and such so your theory on posting info based on members being helpful is way off base.

Thank You for posting the link to the product.
Now on to bigger things, your new speakers you should probably let this thread go to sleep and start a new one with pics showing the new addition to the HT, should be a very nice set-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Melee

Audioholic
I agree completely. I would much rather put my own feelings aside and help those who need it because I know if you're on a budget like I am, every dollar saved helps a lot. I'm glad that I can help.

I am excited. I am getting 2x RC-50's, 2x RC-30's, and RC-LCR Center for around $600-$650. (He said he would come down a bit on his original price but I'm not sure how much, yet.) I have to meet him this weekend around 3 hours from my house. I actually have to borrow a vehicle or rent one because they're definitely not going to fit in my 2-seater Crossfire. haha

If you go by their original prices (and even their recently discounted prices) this deal is amazing. The RC-50's were $1600/Pair, RC-30's were $1400/Pair, and the RC-LCR was $800. That is $3,800 worth of speakers that I am getting for around $600. :eek: I'm so happy! lol

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Not helpful

This thread has become a waste of bandwidth and is no longer useful to anyone. I think a mod should step in and lock it.

L

leowiz

Audioholic Intern
Really .... You should not be asking questions on a forum then.

M

Melee

Audioholic
I bet your the kind of guy who could cry over a free lunch.

MDS can do and say what he wants around here. He's from Texas.
This thread has become a waste of bandwidth and is no longer useful to anyone. I think a mod should step in and lock it.
Really .... You should not be asking questions on a forum then.
It amazes me that I thought trying to be nice to you guys would make any bit of difference. You need to grow up, imo.

Hopefully I was able to help someone who actually deserves it instead of a bunch of trolls.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex.. What took you so long? :eek: :) That's a wrap!! Let's lock this ugly thread up now.

Last edited:
M

Melee

Audioholic
Electronics Expo has a pretty bad rating.

... and the coupon code didn't work for me. :rolleyes:

YMMV ;)

That's pretty unlikely ... and I doubt you're intentions are good.
How old are you? I'm honestly curious. lol

You act like an angry 16 year old that is lashing out at everyone because his life sucks or a 40 year old who has nothing better to do than troll this forum all day long. "YMMV" I can't really put my finger on it. There's a strong level of immaturity along with a sense of anger and resentment.

I also think you might be in love with me since you do nothing but stalk my posts.

The coupon code works just fine. You probably just misspelled it. ;) I just tried it again to be sure and everything works perfectly.

The only thing is that there's a glitch in their system where it will charge you WAYYYY too much shipping so just use their live chat and they'll put the order through for you.

Electronics-Expo is great. They only have like 5 or so customer service reps if you use their online chat and they're extremely helpful.

Please lock this so that hopefully little Alex here will find a new hobby.

L

leowiz

Audioholic Intern
It amazes me that I thought trying to be nice to you guys would make any bit of difference. You need to grow up, imo.

Hopefully I was able to help someone who actually deserves it instead of a bunch of trolls.
How old are you Melee ... Looks like you are packing a lot of tiger blood in you.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How old are you? I'm honestly curious. lol

You act like an angry 16 year old that is lashing out at everyone because his life sucks or a 40 year old who has nothing better to do than troll this forum all day long. "YMMV"

The coupon code works just fine. You probably just misspelled it. ;) I just tried it again to be sure and everything works perfectly.

The only thing is that there's a glitch in their system where it will charge you WAYYYY too much shipping so just use their live chat and they'll put the order through for you.

Electronics-Expo is great. They only have like 5 or so customer service reps if you use their online chat and they're extremely helpful.

Please lock this so that hopefully little Alex here will find a new hobby.
This is cut and paste:
1134 reviews
I used cut and paste on the coupon code too. No misspelling.

M

Melee

Audioholic
This is cut and paste:

I used cut and paste on the coupon code too. No misspelling.
There's nothing wrong with a smaller company....I spoke with the same guy (I believe his name is Keith) almost every time who always remembered me and was extremely helpful. I don't know if they have more if you call them. I got the same 3 guys each time I used their chat.

I JUST TRIED the coupon and it works. Obviously, you aren't doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis