EMP E5Ti Impression Series Speakers - Unbelievable Value

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
The pictures look great. How do they sound? Someone here also mentioned that they felt like plastic. Are they????
It's a huge step-up from my MCM Audio bookshelves that I had before. But, I haven't yet set up the speakers according to the SPL meter, but, even with that, pretty sweet sound.

They looked pretty good to me. Felt solid.

R

Richard Yang

Audiophyte
Hi,

I am newbie in audio. Can anyone comment on this speaker comparing to Axiom M60 or M22?

Thank you

R

X

Xargos

Junior Audioholic
Right now The Speaker Company is running a 20% off sale bringing the TST2 towers to about $360 or the TST3 to about $432. Would these be a better value than the EMP E5Ti towers?

Y

yeahman68

Audioholic Intern
Right now The Speaker Company is running a 20% off sale bringing the TST2 towers to about $360 or the TST3 to about $432. Would these be a better value than the EMP E5Ti towers?
I would think so. They're highly regarded as one of the biggest values in the industry. Here's the review : http://audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/floorstanding/tsc-tst2

Plus, unlike EMP, you buy with no risk because the shipping is free, and even the return shipping if you choose to send them back.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
I would think so. They're highly regarded as one of the biggest values in the industry. Here's the review : http://audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/floorstanding/tsc-tst2

Plus, unlike EMP, you buy with no risk because the shipping is free, and even the return shipping if you choose to send them back.
+ 1 on that.
If you ordered them right away and didn't like them, you could return them on their dime and try the EMP's. If you consider this you should move quickly as we don't know when the EMP's jump to regular price.

Sorry Richard, but I was just being a smart a** about the M60's and I haven't heard the 22's.
My buddy has the 60's and I like them very much but not having heard the EMP's, I don't know how they compare, other than my earlier smart a** comment. :D

Y

yeahman68

Audioholic Intern
It's quite a hard decision because you could go with the TST2's for it's renowned sound quality value, or you could go with the E5ti for a great looking speaker. The downsides for me are the aesthetics on the TST2 because they're so bland. On the other hand, you don't know how good the E5ti's sound. It really sucks because you don't know which one to buy.

G

gpzbc

Audioholic Intern
I'm no expert, but I would choose sound over looks any day. I just consider it icing on the cake if they look good and sound good.

W

wildcatfan10

Audiophyte
These look fantastic, about to pull the trigger on a pair of them along with a center.

Any potential issues with running these on my marantz sr4002?

I

Imitation

Audioholic Intern
These look fantastic, about to pull the trigger on a pair of them along with a center.

Any potential issues with running these on my marantz sr4002?
Odd, you're not the first person I've seen asking if these are ok to run on a 4002. Pretty sure it was determined you won't have any issues.

Towers and center are what i purchased as well. Waiting to repaint the living room before the center gets hooked up and i get some surrounds. Can't wait to finally have full 5.1 in the living room.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Audioholics also thought the EMPs would be about $1200, putting it well outside that price range.

Unless you've done a compare, I don't think we can say which one sounds better at this point.

I don't know about return shipping, but shipping out is free on the EMPs as well.

I'm not advocating one or the other, but let's be fair to both.

W

wildcatfan10

Audiophyte
Thanks for the quick response.

Odd, you're not the first person I've seen asking if these are ok to run on a 4002. Pretty sure it was determined you won't have any issues.

Towers and center are what i purchased as well. Waiting to repaint the living room before the center gets hooked up and i get some surrounds. Can't wait to finally have full 5.1 in the living room.
Do you remember what the thread was? if it was on this forum?

I just ran about 15 searches to no avail.

Y

yeahman68

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone actually have/heard a pair of speakers in the $1200 range? If so, how would you compare the E5ti's to those?

majorloser

majorloser

Did anyone hear these speakers at the Oregon Audio meet?
Yes, these speakers were the surprise of the event. Made quite a few attendees (and manufacturers) comment how good they sounded. Then thye heard how much they were going for and the jaws started dropping all over the place.

I'll be starting an official thread for the event "wrap up", but here's a picture of the EMP towers at the event:

The listener (applemnet) was comparing the Impression bookshelves and towers with two-channel music. The equipment used was a Emotiva "ERC-1 Reference CD Player" and a Audio by Van Alstine "Insight Integrated Control Amplifier"

http://emotiva.com/erc1.shtm
http://www.avahifi.com/root/equipment/control_amplifier/index.htm

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis