Emotiva vs Monoprice vs Marantz

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Emotiva is famous for bugginess in their processors. This one seems not to be a lot different, it just annoys me that they release these other than in some sort of user beta program until they sort things out properly. I guess some like to be part of the process, I've certainly been there with bikes particularly....audio not so much do I want to do that.
If Emo has to wait for everything to be sorted out before selling, they would never sell anything. :D

But hey, the bugs don't matter as long as Emo can tweak their gears to have good measurements from Amir; that's what really sells. :D

Yamaha, Marantz, Anthem, ATI, and everyone else needs to tweak their components so they can have great measurements from Amir.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Eh, you're still kind of agreeing with me. :p

I do have to acknowledge he already has some pretty nice speakers tho and you make a good point about the budget proportions when you figure in separates. By the logic I used then almost no one is justified buying the gear, lol.
I think at the end of the day, the only "logic" in this hobby is "whatever makes you happy". :D

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
yeah I would bet dollar for dollar Pogre SVS speaker’s outperform them Focals. Not saying them Focals aren’t worth the money just a whole different class of speakers.
I've always wanted to own the ultra's kind off made up my mind I'm going to as well soon as we get through these difficult times

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I've always wanted to own the ultra's kind off made up my mind I'm going to as well soon as we get through these difficult times
I feel ya Bro, maybe with Uncle Trump sending out free money I may pickup a nice 5 channel Outlaw amp.

T

thebrieze

Junior Audioholic
Did you consider the Arcam Av40? Or The JBL SSP 55? The JBL is built on the Arcam chassis, with some additional features. Both have Dirac Live.

Don’t let some of the negative comments and early reviews scare you. The units were released to some buyers prematurely, before the software was ready. However Arcam have been pushing out updates regularly (every 2 weeks) and the current builds are very stable. With most (all?) open issues fixed.
Even as some of the early adopters complained about the software (before the fixes), they all agreed the units sounded fantastic.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Did you consider the Arcam Av40? Or The JBL SSP 55? The JBL is built on the Arcam chassis, with some additional features. Both have Dirac Live.

Don’t let some of the negative comments and early reviews scare you. The units were released to some buyers prematurely, before the software was ready. However Arcam have been pushing out updates regularly (every 2 weeks) and the current builds are very stable. With most (all?) open issues fixed.
Even as some of the early adopters complained about the software (before the fixes), they all agreed the units sounded fantastic.
Man they had a lot of issues on those threads on those models I'll have to go back and see what the owners on avs forum are saying but not too long back none of them were very happy

I can't imagine the current state of affairs in the world right now is going to help them expedite updates either

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Don’t let some of the negative comments and early reviews scare you. The units were released to some buyers prematurely, before the software was ready.
Man they had a lot of issues on those threads on those models I'll have to go back and see what the owners on avs forum are saying but not too long back none of them were very happy

I can't imagine the current state of affairs in the world right now is going to help them expedite updates either
Why do some manufacturers release products prematurely before the FINAL products are ready?

Emotiva has gotten a lot of bad rep for releasing products full of bugs. Are Arcam and JBL doing the same thing as Emo?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Why do some manufacturers release products prematurely before the FINAL products are ready?

Emotiva has gotten a lot of bad rep for releasing products full of bugs. Are Arcam and JBL doing the same thing as Emo?
I think it's just part of the feature set of the new generation 16-bug channel processers! :)

T

thebrieze

Junior Audioholic

In releasing before being ready, they are probably similar. In terms of fixing bugs and getting it “ready” - miles apart.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

You should check out the threads on AVS for the owners of the Arcam and JBL it's a mess it's been a week since I looked at it so maybe they've got them functional? But I'd be surprised like I said I need to go look

S

ss_blake

Audiophyte
You should check out the threads on AVS for the owners of the Arcam and JBL it's a mess it's been a week since I looked at it so maybe they've got them functional? But I'd be surprised like I said I need to go look
JBL released a handful of units to customers when their dealers were not supposed to. SDP-55 is no longer being sold until everything is fixed.

Monoprice HTp-1 shockingly seems to be the most stable 16 channel pre pro right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
JBL released a handful of units to customers when their dealers were not supposed to. SDP-55 is no longer being sold until everything is fixed.

Monoprice HTp-1 shockingly seems to be the most stable 16 channel pre pro right now

Yeah monoprice did well came out swinging on the gate on this one

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

ATI isn’t in the business of selling bug-ridden products. :D

Same goes for the main AVR/AVP companies like Yamaha and Denon/Marantz.

@M Code might be able to shed some light as to why JBL is resorting to this practice of selling bug-ridden products.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
For an 11 channel set up, my vote is for the CX-A5100. If I need 13 channels, then neither, but would likely go with the AVC-X8500H (or AVR-X8500H in the US) set to pre-amp mode because of the much lower price than the AV8805 but virtually the same in the critical areas; and might actually measure better without the HDAMs getting in the way.:D

@AcuDefTechGuy , I don't need one but just for curiosity, could you get the AVC-X8500H on special order (I assume, if yes) in the US?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis