Emotiva vs Monoprice vs Marantz

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I understand and I really wanted to go with the Monoprice UMC1 but I just ordered the Emotiva RMC 1L......hopefully I won’t regret.....I’ve talked to Emotiva and they said Dirac is coming next month
Good luck

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Its the 'Lite' version of the RMC-1... no expansions and such.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I understand and I really wanted to go with the Monoprice UMC1 but I just ordered the Emotiva RMC 1L......hopefully I won’t regret.....I’ve talked to Emotiva and they said Dirac is coming next month
You'll have to let us know how it goes with the RMC 1L. I know the RMC 1 was very buggy when it was released, but they've done a ton of updates and corrections since then. I follow some home theater/audio youtube channels and a couple of the people have the XMC-2 and at first it had a couple of bugs, but now they've had them since release and they love them. One of them tried the new Arcam 16 channel processor and had nothing but terrible things to say about. He went back to using the XMC-2 and has had zero issues. I've been looking at the XMC-2 myself for a future build. I do like the Monoprice 16 channel processor but I want to see more reviews and breakdowns.

P

puszkaPL

Enthusiast
You'll have to let us know how it goes with the RMC 1L. I know the RMC 1 was very buggy when it was released, but they've done a ton of updates and corrections since then. I follow some home theater/audio youtube channels and a couple of the people have the XMC-2 and at first it had a couple of bugs, but now they've had them since release and they love them. One of them tried the new Arcam 16 channel processor and had nothing but terrible things to say about. He went back to using the XMC-2 and has had zero issues. I've been looking at the XMC-2 myself for a future build. I do like the Monoprice 16 channel processor but I want to see more reviews and breakdowns.
Yes I have a friend who has a Emotiva RMC 1L and he loves it

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lovein, Thanks for posting up that link, that was a Very Interesting read. All I got is Wow!
Emotiva is famous for bugginess in their processors. This one seems not to be a lot different, it just annoys me that they release these other than in some sort of user beta program until they sort things out properly. I guess some like to be part of the process, I've certainly been there with bikes particularly....audio not so much do I want to do that.

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
hhhmmm...good luck!

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
They were 5000$ pair
When did you buy them? You could consider their higher end Focal Electra 1028 w/Beryllium tweeters for the same/lesser price (like I did ..,after listening to the Arias (which I enjoyed too, much)).

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
Hello guys I am thinking about going into separates as I have the Marantz SR8012 now. So there is so many HT processors out there and it’s really hard to choose. I was thinking about the Emotiva RMC 1L which is $4000 and now Emotiva has 30% off for the next purchase!!!! Next one is the Monoprice HTP 1 it’s a great looking processor and it’s also 4000$ , they both have the Dirac Live.....excep the Emotiva doesn’t have it yet (HTP1 does). Last but not least is the Marantz 8805 which is only 13.2 and is the most expensive one 4500$. Also Marantz doesn’t have Dirac but it uses Audysey....some people don’t like it. So which one would be best choice for me ?
One thing I think you need to ask yourself first is... the purpose of the upgrade.
-To get Dirac?
-To get better sound quality?
-More channels? If so how many do you need or plan on using.
-Want to go seperates. If so, why? Prefer seperate amps, need more power because of a large room or low sensitive speakers.
-Want to try something different?
You have an excellent receiver. In what way is it lacking for you?
If you like Audyssey XT32 and don’t need more channels, using the SR8012 would make a nice pre/pro by simply adding a 3/5/7 channel amp and using the internal amps of the receiver for atmos or surrounds. Unless you need to extra channels, I would opt to keep what you have have instead of opting for the 8805. If you want to go separates and and use Dirac, the HTP1 looks to be the choice. I wouldn’t buy Emotiva if you want Dirac until they actually get it out.
If you aren’t doing full range eq and are using multiple subs, I think Audyssey XT32 works very well. If you are doing full range EQ, I think Dirac is better. Good luck with your choice.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would ordinarily agree with Pogre, but going Separates is always seemingly an investment out of proportion to other gear. :)
Eh, you're still kind of agreeing with me. :p

I do have to acknowledge he already has some pretty nice speakers tho and you make a good point about the budget proportions when you figure in separates. By the logic I used then almost no one is justified buying the gear, lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis