ELAC UniFi UF5 Floorstanding Speaker

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
When doing some research for my buddy, I saw that it looks like Amazon is having a blowout on ELAC Uni-fi UF5 Floorstanding Speakers:
Link Here

Amazon is $332.49/each, $665/pair.

Whereas other sites like Crutchfield and BB have them for $580/each, $1160/pair. Honestly, that's cheap enough to make me want to buy a set and I don't even remotely have a need for them.

I haven't used these myself but I did order the bookshelves a few years back, but they had a cosmetic issue so I sent them back and just took a refund.

I will say the concentric design yields a better soundstage, a more 3-D soundstage at least to me, than other designs like an MT or MTM assuming the crossover is implemented correctly. That's something that just can't be replicated with a standard MTM or MT design. Soundstage is a huge factor for me. With most AVRs you can correct for tonality easily via the auto-eq but you can't fix polar response issues at the crossover caused by the non-coincidental mounting. And that's the big advantage coincident mid/tweeter designs like the ELAC offer.

I pulled up some reviews and all are very positive, as expected. This guy's reviews are always excellent: https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/02/19/review-elac-uni-fi-uf5-floor-standing-speakers/

https://hometheaterreview.com/elac-uf5-floorstanding-speakers-reviewed/

If any of you guys are looking for a nice set of speakers for home audio use I'd say jump on these at this price.

Last edited:
ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Looks like the price is still there. I figured by now they'd have bumped it back up. I'm half-tempted to order these to do a review on.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Being the enabler that I am, if you get a pair, (and if I am correct you are in Alabama), I will bring my 580's and other A-B gear and we can do a ~$650/pair discounted floorstander shoot-out!

Since the Harman sale could end at any time, I should clarify that they are now $320/ea.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Being the enabler that I am, if you get a pair, (and if I am correct you are in Alabama), I will bring my 580's and other A-B gear and we can do a ~$650/pair discounted floorstander shoot-out!

Since the Harman sale could end at any time, I should clarify that they are now $320/ea.
Though, I'd like to, I don't see me ordering these because I've got my future funds tied up. But I'll keep that in mind for future purposes. BTW, how are those subs working out for you? Sometimes I regret selling those suckers.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Either of these speakers at +/- $700 a pair is a killer deal. I've not heard the JBLs but was very impressed with the ELACs.

Oops - the JBLs are back to their regular pricing... :(

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Price just dropped on these to $319 with free shipping (I assume free shipping is with amazon prime only)
Link Here

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Price just dropped on these to $319 with free shipping (I assume free shipping is with amazon prime only)
Link Here
The $319/ea price is from a third party seller (I did not check to see if they were an authorized seller), so Amazon Prime is not required.

Amazon's price on these is $749.98/ea for black, $859.98/ea for white.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The $319/ea price is from a third party seller (I did not check to see if they were an authorized seller), so Amazon Prime is not required.

Amazon's price on these is $749.98/ea for black, $859.98/ea for white.
Those prices are for the Slim cabinet design. They're better looking but (supposedly) sound the same...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis