Echo sound of my tv when my receiver is on

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
HDMI-CEC is already OFF in the TV . For HDMI-CEC in the PS4 I think you mean "ENABLE HDMI DEVICE LINK", right? And it was already "unchecked". But when I click on "HOME THEATER" and click "POWER ON" it turns off "GAME" and I can't access the main menu settings even if I change to TV...
"it turns on to GAME" sorry I messed up what I wrote earlier

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Well, I won't have time to work on that problem but I'll be back tomorrow. Have a good evening.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Do you mean that the receiver changes to the GAME input?

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Do you mean that the receiver changes to the GAME input?
Yes, when I turn on the receiver and it's on TV now I can't access the settings menu of the receiver. When I turn it off and go to HOME THEATER on the TV I get the message when I have to turn the POWER ON and when I do the receiver turns on but it changes to GAME INPUT. I guess the settings in "HARDWARE" are wrong and it's probably because the HDMI STANBY THROUGH is set up to GAME, right?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
That may be the case. It would only switch itself to the correct input by itself with HDMI-CEC. But, it would turn things on and off and frustrate you. Have you programmed the TV remote control to work the other devices?

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
That may be the case. It would only switch itself to the correct input by itself with HDMI-CEC. But, it would turn things on and off and frustrate you. Have you programmed the TV remote control to work the other devices?
I unplugged the HDMI from the HDMI OUTPUT ZONE 2 SUB on the receiver and reconnected to the ARC HDMI so now I can access the settings menu of the receiver. In Hardware I set HDMI STANDBY THROUGH to OFF instead of GAME, AUDIO TV OUT is ON. Now if exit and plug back the HDMI TO HDMI OUTPUT ZONE 2 USB, will it work? I haven't programmed the TV remote control and I have no clue how to do that.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You can leave it connected to the main(ARC) HDMI output so you can see your menus. Does the TV still say "unknown" when you have it that way?

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
You can leave it connected to the main(ARC) HDMI output so you can see your menus. Does the TV still say "unknown" when you have it that way?
Well, I did what I wrote to you earlier and now I don't have anymore the problem with the receiver changing to GAME. I also tried to leave it on MAIN ARC HDMI, of course I can access the menu not with the HDMI ZONE 2 OUTPUT but I don't get any sound from the receiver when I click on optical in the TV audio settings. Everything else if working fine on HDMI ZONE 2 OUTPUT except that I can't access the receiver menu and I can't turn on directly the PS4 and HOMETHEATER on the TV and it still says "unknown" so I have to do it manually on each device. By the way I had another question ; on the PS4 in the audio output settings, I have primary output "optical" and audio format "bitstream DTS", is "bitstream DTS" the best option for the configuration with my tv and receiver? I also play video files from a portable drive and I wasn't sure what to select between "linear PCM, bitstream "Dolby" and bitstream DTS..

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Set primary audio on PS4 to HDMI and set it to bitsream.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Set primary audio on PS4 to HDMI and set it to bitsream.
Bitstream Dolby or Bitstream DTS? I won't have time to work again on these problems today but I found the Universal remote in Sources and will try some time tomorrow to see if I can resolve the receiver and PS4 "unknown" status. I'll get back to you afterwards. Have a good one and thanks again.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Have a good one.
Hi, well I'm back and my receiver still appear as "UNKNOW" on my TV. I've tried to program the TV remote and went to "UNIVERSAL REMOTE SETUP - NEW DEVICE - HOME THEATER", I saw SAMSUNG is checked in the selection but my receiver is PIONEER... I found PIONEER in the list and clicked on it and in the next screen I saw the HDMI 4 "checked" (ARC) and with the message on the lower right side "No signal detected check the cable..." and when I clicked on HDMI 4 I got the message "There was an error while downloading please try again". I also tried to do the same thing for the PS4 but I can't even find Playstation in the list...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Did you hook the HDMI cable back to the ARC connection on the receiver? You may just have to setup the PS4 as a Sony blu-ray player. It should give you several of the key functions.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Did you hook the HDMI cable back to the ARC connection on the receiver? You may just have to setup the PS4 as a Sony blu-ray player. It should give you several of the key functions.
The HDMI cable at the back of the receiver is hooked to HDMI ZONE 2 OUTPUT and to the ARC HDMI 4 of the TV. I think I told you before that if I hook it to the ARC HDMI on the receiver I don't get anymore sound from the TV or PS4 in the speakers of the receiver even I check OPTICAL on the TV... But to access the settings menu of the receiver on the TV I guess each time I will have to hook the HDMI from HDMI ZONE 2 back to HDMI ARC on the receiver... Now I've noticed that with the HDMI ZONE 2 my receiver is not "unknown" anymore and I see HOME THEATER SYSTEM with a check mark but of course if I click on it to turn on the receiver I get the message "check the cable connection - press source", I don't know anymore...

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
I found out that actually I did "edit" on "Unknown" and was able to select HOME THEATER and same thing for the PS4 but that's it I can't turn them on just rename them

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Select the PS4 with TV remote control. Now, press the small button on the upper right, the one with the color dots. It should bring up device options such as power and disc eject etc.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
Select the PS4 with TV remote control. Now, press the small button on the upper right, the one with the color dots. It should bring up device options such as power and disc eject etc.
Sorry for the little delay to write back. You know I think I'm going to let everything like that for now. I can get sound from the TV and PS4 when I'm on HDMI ZONE 2, I don't mind if I have to turn on the PS4 and receiver without using the remote it's not a big deal. I know that I want to access the settings menu on the receiver I will have to change from HDMI ZONE 2 to HDMI ARC on the receiver, it's not very convenient but I'll try to see if I can get more information on the web about this problem. Later today I will add another post about using the USB port in the front of the receiver to play music files because I'm also having issues with this... I want to thank you again for your help and patience, I really appreciated it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I’m glad you were able to make some progress with it. When you have it connected so that you can see the menus, go into the receiver menus to the TV Out/OSD section. Make sure the HDMI output is set to either "MAIN+SUB" or "SUB". If it is set to "MAIN", it will not send a signal out of the HDMI ZONE 2 output.

S

Serge2019

Audioholic
I’m glad you were able to make some progress with it. When you have it connected so that you can see the menus, go into the receiver menus to the TV Out/OSD section. Make sure the HDMI output is set to either "MAIN+SUB" or "SUB". If it is set to "MAIN", it will not send a signal out of the HDMI ZONE 2 output.
Well actually everything is fixed now. I connected the receiver to ARC HDMI and went to TV Out/OSD and I checked the HDMI Output and it was either "MAIN" or "SUB" (sorry I can't remember) but I changed to MAIN+SUB and now not only I get the sound from the TV and PS4 in my receiver speakers with the ARC HDMI and I'm also able to access the receiver menu so that's very cool! Thanks a lot again for everything you helped me with. I will post either later or tomorrow another post about the USB I'm having some issues with that. Have a good evening!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis