eARC Volume Control

shaunikans

shaunikans

Audiophyte
Hi all, hope this is in the right section.

Currently losing my mind over ARC/eARC. We have been using a DAC with a volume knob to control the volume output from our TV for the last couple years. I recently decided to make the move to eARC so we wouldn't have to get up and adjust the volume as each streaming app on the TV has a different sound level. I purchased a cheap audio splitter from Amazon with ARC support, hooked it up via HDMI, and while we are getting sound out of it, there is no volume adjustment on the device.

Our setup consists of a Samsung Q60T, optical out, the DAC and two Yamaha HS8's. Ideally this would be TV->eARC(with volume control lol)->speakers.

Any feedback/product suggestions would be amazing. Currently looking around the $200 price point but if there are no decent solutions, we will stick to the DAC until I am out of school.

Many thanks in advance,
Shaun

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi all, hope this is in the right section.

Currently losing my mind over ARC/eARC. We have been using a DAC with a volume knob to control the volume output from our TV for the last couple years. I recently decided to make the move to eARC so we wouldn't have to get up and adjust the volume as each streaming app on the TV has a different sound level. I purchased a cheap audio splitter from Amazon with ARC support, hooked it up via HDMI, and while we are getting sound out of it, there is no volume adjustment on the device.

Our setup consists of a Samsung Q60T, optical out, the DAC and two Yamaha HS8's. Ideally this would be TV->eARC(with volume control lol)->speakers.

Any feedback/product suggestions would be amazing. Currently looking around the $200 price point but if there are no decent solutions, we will stick to the DAC until I am out of school.

Many thanks in advance,
Shaun
What is your TV? On our LG OLED I can control the volume vis eARC from either the TV or pre/pro remote.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis