S

steve64

Enthusiast
My BDP-95 is dying. The screen will go black, blank, and that snowy gray stuff. Both with DVD and blu-ray.
Then picture and sound will come back, and I'm happy. then again, and again! It makes me crazy! I've used a disc cleaner
multiple times, and still no go. The same discs play just fine on my newer $80.00 Samsung machine, and on my brand new
LG 4k UHD macine. My question is, " Is it worth spending the money to get this thing fixed?" Technology has advanced so
far in the intervening years, it does seem like it's time for the retirement home. Any thoughts?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I also have a BDP-95. Technology hasn't advanced as much as you are thinking.

This blu-ray player in good order performs pretty well and I would get it fixed. Have you tried contacting OPPO? I understand that, although they stopped production of new players, they still provide support for their blu-ray players. In my opinion, those OPPO products are more solidly built than that of most other brands.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I sent my 105 in for repairs about a month and half ago. It cost $150, I believe. They sent it back in about a week and it's fine. I'm glad I did it. I still use it to play Blu-rays, SACDs and the like. I don't use it as much as I used to, so if it were to need repair in the future, I would think long and hard about doing it again. I'd probably look at a Sony 1000 at that point. But as for right now, I still like having the Oppo 105 in my system.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd repair it and use it as it would suit my purposes well enough (no 4k/Atmos setup). Used ones still sell for quite a bit if you don't keep it afterwards and a freshly refurbed one should command the best prices. Then like verdinut says, they still are very good universal disc players....heck yours has features my 203 doesn't...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis