Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Definitely looking forward to part 2. Although it's unlikely I will actually catch it in theatres during its run.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Definitely looking forward to part 2. Although it's unlikely I will actually catch it in theatres during its run.
Same here, I'll wait for the 4K disc release. All Movie theaters have closed down here.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Same here, I'll wait for the 4K disc release. All Movie theaters have closed down here.
We still have a small community one here. It's not terrible, but it has limited run times and I hate crowds anyways. I used to go once in a while but not for some time now.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'll wait until it's on cable TV. Don't like going to movie theaters I stopped buying Blue Rays and DVDs a few years ago. Still have a couple hundred laying around.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
The theatres around here suck....I will wait until 4K Blu files are available.
Streaming this would be the ultimate insult...but people are going to do it.
Me in my Muad ' Dib shirt...1979.

579540_3960800949256_1658140820_n.jpg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Too long for me in theater, cannot pause it. Need a pee break and miss part of it. :eek:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I saw Dune pt 1 in the theaters, one of the few in the last 10 years. I think the theater's audio was running a bit hot, and didn't like it so much (nor did my sister and her friend who went with me), have had much better experiences at home with the disc. The larger screen at the theater somewhat made up for it. It'll probably show at the same theater this year and we'll probably be the same group to go see it and catch a good meal while we're at it....helps round out the package for the long drive I have to town and back.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
As a long time Dune fan (see above) I think there is something good in all 3 versions.
(of a book that's proven extremely difficult to film)

Lynch's Dune was a valiant attempt. Many things he nailed...some he didn't, an impossible task at an impossible time. If he had done the extended version and had more of his total Lynch control, it would have been much better.
Kyle was a great Paul.

The Sci-Fi miniseries was actually very good...very true to the book for the most part...no budget though.
But, the crucial dinner scene was there as it must be. DV left it out, big mistake..he had time for it.
Not using his name "Usul" really disturbed me also. Paul was pretty good.

Villeneuve's version is very good of course, though a bit sterile and I'm not a fan of Chalamet as Paul.
Part two is looking to be epic.
(and I better hear the name "Usul")

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
As a long time Dune fan (see above) I think there is something good in all 3 versions.
(of a book that's proven extremely difficult to film)

Lynch's Dune was a valiant attempt. Many things he nailed...some he didn't, an impossible task at an impossible time. If he had done the extended version and had more of his total Lynch control, it would have been much better.
Kyle was a great Paul.

The Sci-Fi miniseries was actually very good...very true to the book for the most part...no budget though.
But, the crucial dinner scene was there as it must be. DV left it out, big mistake..he had time for it.
Not using his name "Usul" really disturbed me also. Paul was pretty good.

Villeneuve's version is very good of course, though a bit sterile and I'm not a fan of Chalamet as Paul.
Part two is looking to be epic.
(and I better hear the name "Usul")
I think I have read most of the Dune books, but the first one is still my favorite.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis