Dual SVS SB12’s or single SVS PB2000 PRO

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Hi all I currently have a single SB12-NSD and I am able to get another and go dual... would it be best going this route or going for a single PB2000 Pro??

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Largely depends on room size and content. A small room with medium level listening habitats could probably be served by two sb12nsd. Spirited listening in a medium to large space imo, requires a ported sub/s.
Also, multiple seats can benefit from smoother response, but there’s no guarantee that just putting a second sub where it fits will do that. Also, if your main concern is a single seat, get the best sub you can afford, and spend the time to integrate it. Normally I’d say start saving for the second one right away, but I don’t know your use case yet.

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Largely depends on room size and content. A small room with medium level listening habitats could probably be served by two sb12nsd. Spirited listening in a medium to large space imo, requires a ported sub/s.
Also, multiple seats can benefit from smoother response, but there’s no guarantee that just putting a second sub where it fits will do that. Also, if your main concern is a single seat, get the best sub you can afford, and spend the time to integrate it. Normally I’d say start saving for the second one right away, but I don’t know your use case yet.
Thanks for the info William... room size is roughly 4mx4m (16 square meters) with tiled flooring... most of my 4k collection are action movies so always looking for that extra bass thump and cinema sound... focusing more on a single seat home theatre setup... so seems like a PB2000 Pro would be more suited then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the info William... room size is roughly 4mx4m (16 square meters) with tiled flooring... most of my 4k collection are action movies so always looking for that extra bass thump and cinema sound... focusing more on a single seat home theatre setup... so seems like a PB2000 Pro would be more suited then?

Well then definitely look at ported. So far, since afaik the pro is untested, I’d look in the outlet. If you went with the old pb2k the extra 300 difference could go to a second one. Then you could have a pair of pb2k’s for about 400 more than the pro. If that’s more than you want to bite off, I would still be confident in recommending a single Pb/pc 2000. Either will be an upgrade especially below about 40hz, and if you have options to place it, you should be satisfied. Until the next wave of upgraditis!!!!

B

Brettc

Audioholic
I say minimum 2 of these a compiled by an 16

B

Brettc

Audioholic
The ultra bookshelf would

B

Brettc

Audioholic
Sorry trying to ask for best connection svspb 4000 to a Yamaha 3080

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sorry trying to ask for best connection svspb 4000 to a Yamaha 3080

I answered you in your thread. Just regular ol' RCA cables is all you need.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi all I currently have a single SB12-NSD and I am able to get another and go dual... would it be best going this route or going for a single PB2000 Pro??
I'd rather have matching duals than a single generally.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd rather have matching duals than a single generally.
Agree, and I think the SB-12 NSD isn't too far performance-wise from the 2000 series, iirc. A pair of those would definitely be my choice over a single PB2000 pro.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I still stick by my original thoughts. A single pb2000 pro should have twice the output(if not more) below 30hz than a pair of SB2k, or sb12nsd. For music, not so much a thing, but for movies, the Sb’s are just weak. Sauce...lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I still stick by my original thoughts. A single pb2000 pro should have twice the output(if not more) below 30hz than a pair of SB2k, or sb12nsd. For music, not so much a thing, but for movies, the Sb’s are just weak. Sauce...lol
When I saw NSD I skipped right over the "SB" part. I retract my statement. I thought we were talking about these bad boys.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic

Heya,

There's a lot to be said about stereo bass. I would suggest getting a calibrated mic and measuring room response to see what you need from a room perspective and then the output increase of dual subs that are aligned with a summed curve would increase your experience significantly. But seeing room response is a big part of getting the most from your subs and you can do it with a calibrated mic with measurements.

Very best,

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
When I saw NSD I skipped right over the "SB" part. I retract my statement. I thought we were talking about these bad boys.

Ah yes! I think SVS overshot the entry level with the NSD’s just a bit.
I’m waiting to see some data on the PRO series. Some say the driver is a downgrade but I don’t think so.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Heya,

There's a lot to be said about stereo bass. I would suggest getting a calibrated mic and measuring room response to see what you need from a room perspective and then the output increase of dual subs that are aligned with a summed curve would increase your experience significantly. But seeing room response is a big part of getting the most from your subs and you can do it with a calibrated mic with measurements.

Very best,
How do you figure stereo bass?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe but in his smallish square room....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis