Dual SVS PB3000 calibration question

B

BFL

Audioholic
So, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the minidsp hd and hope to get the subs dialed in this weekend. I have been watching a lot of videos on the process. One thing I have seen is microphone placement.. I'm assuming it goes at main listening spot pointing upwards? And when I run audessey afterwards do I bypass subs?

Matt34

Matt34

So, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the minidsp hd and hope to get the subs dialed in this weekend. I have been watching a lot of videos on the process. One thing I have seen is microphone placement.. I'm assuming it goes at main listening spot pointing upwards? And when I run audessey afterwards do I bypass subs?
Regarding your initial question, it depends on the rooms response if you need the mini DSP. If your room isn't bad and you can get it corrected with the SVS built in peq you are good to go for the most part. My room needed five filters.
In regards to the mic placement, yes at the main listening position at ear level and ideally have the mic facing straight up. You'll want to download the 90 degree calibration file on the REW website to get the proper reading.

No need to bypass the subs during multi eq

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can also average response in REW for multiple mic positions, altho if only concerned with one listening position then this may not be needed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis