Dual SVS PB3000 calibration question

B

BFL

Audioholic
I want to take my calibration to the next level. My question, if I buy the minidsp Mik1and use REW software and leave the subs on my Denon plugged into sub 1 and sub 2 can I just use the SVS apps 3 PEQ settings for each sub to dial them in or is the Minidsp HD unit a must?

Asking before I spend the 250 for it.

Thanks

B

BFL

Audioholic
Level wise I did after I did Audyssey, but want to make sure Gain level and nulls are eliminated as much as I can. Just didn't know if svs app is sufficient

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So you raised sub trim level post-audyssey? That's fairly typical, many don't like the flat bass Audyssey aims for. Not sure how gain would be eliminated, it should just be an appropriate level to set initially. Nulls can be hard, usually better to aim at bringing down peaks than boosting nulls. The peq on the SVS could help if done well....not familiar their app or multi sub instructions, tho.

B

BFL

Audioholic
So you raised sub trim level post-audyssey? That's fairly typical, many don't like the flat bass Audyssey aims for. Not sure how gain would be eliminated, it should just be an appropriate level to set initially. Nulls can be hard, usually better to aim at bringing down peaks than boosting nulls. The peq on the SVS could help if done well....not familiar their app or multi sub instructions, tho.
That's the tough part.. I know it can be done with the minidsp hd unit as I have seen several videos doing it, but was hoping the app could without the extra $250 cost. The app allows 3 separate curves per sub but not sure it's enough.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's the tough part.. I know it can be done with the minidsp hd unit as I have seen several videos doing it, but was hoping the app could without the extra $250 cost. The app allows 3 separate curves per sub but not sure it's enough.
Did you ask SVS for guidance on how to use their app for multi-sub setup (assuming it's not covered in their manual)?

B

BFL

Audioholic
I tried on my way home but couldn't get anyone. Was gonna try again tomorrow if someone on this site familiar with the app doesn't know.

B

BFL

Audioholic
Tried again now that I'm home and the guy I spoke to said I would need to email cust service to get an engineer.

My thought at the moment is buy the Mik1and download the REW software and run the listening test to see where I'm at to start with. Then try the PEQ in the app for each sub and rerun the REW. If it helps, great I saved $250. Otherwise I will buy minidsp hd.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Tried again now that I'm home and the guy I spoke to said I would need to email cust service to get an engineer.

My thought at the moment is buy the Mik1and download the REW software and run the listening test to see where I'm at to start with. Then try the PEQ in the app for each sub and rerun the REW. If it helps, great I saved $250. Otherwise I will buy minidsp hd.
I think that’s a great plan. Between audyssey and the app and PEQ you should be able to get pretty close. If you want to split hairs later, go for it at that point. If you have null issue, EQ won’t be able to help much. First rule at subwoofer FR is location.

B

BFL

Audioholic
I think that’s a great plan. Between audyssey and the app and PEQ you should be able to get pretty close. If you want to split hairs later, go for it at that point. If you have null issue, EQ won’t be able to help much. First rule at subwoofer FR is location.
I would have to get divorced to put any of my speakers where I wanted them ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I still have to remind her once in a while that I live here too. That means I have a say in my LR HT.

B

BFL

Audioholic
I still have to remind her once in a while that I live here too. That means I have a say in my LR HT.
Yep, especially since I support her hobbies. I am hoping to do the TV next. Want to update my 65inch LG oled for a 77inch.. Either LG or Sony.. If sony ever gets their act together and releases something.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis