Dual PB-3000 or one PB-16 Ultra

B

Baaj

Audiophyte
Hey I have dual PB-3000s for home theatre and something is still missing. These only sound good with the gain on max (0 on the app) and avr trim is set to -5.5). Am I doing something wrong or is the placement off?
Room is 1700 cubic feet rectangle and the opening is closed off with a curtain. Subwoofers are located in the front sound stage between the two towers and centres.

I haven’t bought rew yet and my receiver is a old pioneer model from 2003 using a y splitter to feed a mono signal to the subwoofers.

I’ve tried opposing corners however the bass sounds more better when they are located together in the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
That should be really loud. You might be sitting in a room mode. You would need to take acoustic measurements to know what is happening for sure. I wouldn't regard going from two PB-3000s to a single PB16-Ultra as an upgrade.

B

Baaj

Audiophyte
That should be really loud. You might be sitting in a room mode. You would need to take acoustic measurements to know what is happening for sure. I wouldn't regard going from two PB-3000s to a single PB16-Ultra as an upgrade.
Alright, did I set it up correctly? I feel the chest bass when I have the gain set to 0 on the app which is full gain on the subwoofer. (Avr -5.5). When I initially set it up on auto calibration I set it to around the 12 o’clock position (-10 on app per svs).

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Alright, did I set it up correctly? I feel the chest bass when I have the gain set to 0 on the app which is full gain on the subwoofer. (Avr -5.5). When I initially set it up on auto calibration I set it to around the 12 o’clock position (-10 on app per svs).

It sounds to me like you are running those subs really hard. Maybe you are hoping for more output than what they are capable. Nonetheless, you could be sitting in a room null where the pressure waves generated by the sub are cancelling out each other due to the dimensions of the room.

K

kini

Audioholic
Hey I have dual PB-3000s for home theatre and something is still missing. These only sound good with the gain on max (0 on the app) and avr trim is set to -5.5). Am I doing something wrong or is the placement off?
Room is 1700 cubic feet rectangle and the opening is closed off with a curtain. Subwoofers are located in the front sound stage between the two towers and centres.

I haven’t bought rew yet and my receiver is a old pioneer model from 2003 using a y splitter to feed a mono signal to the subwoofers.

I’ve tried opposing corners however the bass sounds more better when they are located together in the front.

Something's wrong. You should be hitting around 120db at your listening position with the subs in that position.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Ninja

How about near field in difficult rooms that can be helpful both of those subs directly behind the couch either sideways or firing straight into the back

I had in my old place set them up near field behind the seats and it was awesome

Getting max spl with tons of headroom and in that room fixed some room node issues I was having

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Ninja

From the way your subs are sticking out in the front it looks like you don't mind having them out in the room so near field behind the couches might be a good shot

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis