Dual "Double Decker" Subs

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yeah I figured I could....if I had the model number :)

And now that I do by looking up :) here's a description http://www.hifi-review.com/153470-jbl-hp520.html
Yep that’s them got four of them a local audio Solon had all three sizes mid to late 90’s they were about 1000.00 a piece when new they went out of business about a year later and had these on sale for 700 a pair so I snagged a pair . Then found a pair in California about 4 years later on eBay a guy had them shipped freight was cheaper . They still are the most detailed open speaker I’ve ever herd they just disappear in a room even tho quite large but really sound the best crossed over to me at 110 to 120 Hz . You can drive these hard all day and they hardly heat up my carver amps . I did replace a glass top and a crossover in one years back .

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Magico QSub-18, may not the tallest, but at 570LB is probably one of the heaviest out there...

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I can testify to this as Shady stated dualies just have huge output and power for the size and footprint and I'd rather get multiples of those which would be out of this world I love my bass and a lot of it

Here's a pic of my RBH SV1212PR
View attachment 38426View attachment 38425View attachment 38427

And a pic of my SVS dual PB 4000's up front
View attachment 38428View attachment 38429

I can say this I wish I would have gone the RBH or other dualies route a long time ago.

That RBH just trashes the 2 4000's not even close

It'll trash a single SVS PB 16 ultra not sure if it can best 2 of those tho

But I plan on buying 3 more of the RBH soon

4 of those in that room would be beyond stupid and that's right up my alley

Plus they look awesome and don't take up as much of the floor space as the 4000's do
Those sound great. Did you buy that new or buy used?
I can testify to this as Shady stated dualies just have huge output and power for the size and footprint and I'd rather get multiples of those which would be out of this world I love my bass and a lot of it

Here's a pic of my RBH SV1212PR
View attachment 38426View attachment 38425View attachment 38427

And a pic of my SVS dual PB 4000's up front
View attachment 38428View attachment 38429

I can say this I wish I would have gone the RBH or other dualies route a long time ago.

That RBH just trashes the 2 4000's not even close

It'll trash a single SVS PB 16 ultra not sure if it can best 2 of those tho

But I plan on buying 3 more of the RBH soon

4 of those in that room would be beyond stupid and that's right up my alley

Plus they look awesome and don't take up as much of the floor space as the 4000's do
Those look great. The passive idea with maybe Crown amps sounds like something worth trying. How did you comes across one of those Out if curiousity? I’d never heard of them before you posted on them

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Those sound great. Did you buy that new or buy used?

Those look great. The passive idea with maybe Crown amps sounds like something worth trying. How did you comes across one of those Out if curiousity? I’d never heard of them before you posted on them
Several members here have RBH systems and RBH has been reviewed here with great reviews

Same with the crown amps members here use them for subs and for full range speakers and systems with good feedback so I tried them for myself and really enjoy them

The RBH sub was sold to me from a member for an absolute bargain off its full price couldn't turn it down and I have no regrets probably the best sub I've ever owned

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Several members here have RBH systems and RBH has been reviewed here with great reviews

Same with the crown amps members here use them for subs and for full range speakers and systems with good feedback so I tried them for myself and really enjoy them

The RBH sub was sold to me from a member for an absolute bargain off its full price couldn't turn it down and I have no regrets probably the best sub I've ever owned
That’s amazing! Well if any member want to give me a steal on one to spread the good word, I’d love one too :)

Interesting that you find it so much better than your SVS, I have some lower end SVS (PB2000 and 1000) and frankly while good aren’t quite as impressive as I hoped. But still I think it’s a good company.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting that you find it so much better than your SVS, I have some lower end SVS (PB2000 and 1000) and frankly while good aren’t quite as impressive as I hoped. But still I think it’s a good company.
I think you really start to see a difference as you step up one more notch to the 3000 level and above. I think this is true at that level beyond SVS, too. the Subs out there with 13-15" drivers seem to really do quite well at satisfying the wants and needs of the listener.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think you really start to see a difference as you step up one more notch to the 3000 level and above. I think this is true at that level beyond SVS, too. the Subs out there with 13-15" drivers seem to really do quite well at satisfying the wants and needs of the listener.
This right here you want truly high level performance your going to have to pay. Unless you DIY to an extent

Although the 2000 lineup can do well in the right size room

Room size room issues and proper setup and calibration all play a big factor too

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That’s amazing! Well if any member want to give me a steal on one to spread the good word, I’d love one too :)

And for the record I don't dislike the SVS PB 4000 it's a badass sub I've just fallen in love with dualies in multiple positions

They're just so powerful which translates into big bass without having to turn the volume knob up

I would love to do JTR's dual sealed monsters if I could do multiples in my room with those that would be frickin insane

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dualies....I like it. Separate from having dual subs at the same time :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Beautiful setup featuring the MC601s, C1100 Preamp, MCD550 CD Player, MR88 Digital Tuner, MT5 Turntable, a pair of Focal Scala V2 loudspeakers, and a JL Audio Subwoofer.

116860893_10160639262142575_8349625339734159433_o.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis