Dual 10's or 12's for 2000 cu ft ?

H

Hblackheart

Audiophyte
Sounds like you have a game plan forming. I used to think little subs were neat like paradigms six? 10 inchers in one small unit. Long story short, they cost a small fortune and have less than a quarter of the output my 6 foot high triangle cab has with 1 T.C. Sounds lms Ultra 18 with matching passive radiators
powered by a Sanway fp14k amp. All Baltic birch, 1.5 inches on sides, 2.25 lnch face plate all stained cherry finish.

When i saw the price on the paradigm unit and choked (10K+Canadian) my mind was made up to go diy and i never looked back. I have 2 mid bass slam modules in the works with 18 inch 2242 jbl sound reinforcement subs. They don't need large cabs so say 2 to 3 cubic feet. Im sure i only need 1...lol...
Using this method of stepping up to larger proven subs for specific duty, you have gear that is fairly bullet proof with lots of headroom that you have for life. Guaranteed smiles and a bit of sound treatment is in your future.

Trying to read spec's for years of every darn company's gear if for the birds. Arguments everywhere you look, prices that take your breath away, performance levels that are mostly sub par compared to D.i.y. Having a system that you put some effort into building puts a whole different kind of satisfaction into your heart. Knowing you have headroom vs being tapped out for power is a different kind of agony.

Having friends and family over just is the icing on the cake when they are gob smacked by the sound and feeling they just got from a good movie at your house. That alone is worth its weight in gold my friend. And you didn't break the bank doing it.

Guys like shady J have a ton of info you can use but you have to know the right questions to ask. Simply put if you step up to this level, you can purchase the big boys used gear!... ;) That's what i did on AVS forum. There are quite a few enthusiasts that have systems that take your breath away literally. BassThatHz AVS forum is one of those members.
I'm only dipping my toes into the water compared to them but their information and recommendations are golden. What they learned along the way gives them astounding hind sight. Play with in those parameters and ultimately get what everyone dreams of for reasonable prices knowing with certainty you made the right decision.

This will get you thinking. Data-Bass: Subwoofer Measurements (data-bass.com)
Click on X-Max and ask Shady J what he thinks would get you into this territory for the least amount of funds. Now that's playing devils advocate... Enjoy at own risk!
My work here is done for today.....lol

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis