Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Amen!

I remember the bass too! :)

I will pick it up, just because it was scary as H E double hockey stick.

SheepStar

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Never saw it in the theater. Does it live up to its source material (and I mean Doom III)?

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Nope it does not live up to its "roots" so to speak. I went and saw it, it was mildly entertaining, but that's about it. I like the Rock as much as the next guy, and I'm sure he had fun making it. I just wished the studio had been more serious about the movie to begin with. But hey, you gotta support the small endeavors or the big ones will never get made. Look at Frighteners and LOTR?

I got duped into seeing it, I though it was going be completely shot from First Person instead of only 5 minutes.

D

doomguardian

Audioholic
It's nothing like the game, but, it was entertaining.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It was nominated for a few Razzies. I'll probably rent it at the very least :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
It was nominated for a few Razzies. I'll probably rent it at the very least :)
Razzies?

It did scare me, especially the sewer part.

SheepStar

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
Sheep said:
Amen!

I remember the bass too! :)

I will pick it up, just because it was scary as H E double hockey stick.

SheepStar

Such a wimp.... you Canadians LOL

~Bob

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Khellandros66 said:
Such a wimp.... you Canadians LOL

~Bob
Maybe if you had THX theaters down there you would be scared too! HA, in JO FACE! :rolleyes:

SheepStar

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
I have about 5-10 very well kept THX based theater here in Pittsburgh

Carmike (3)
Destinta (2)
LOEW's (1)
IMAX (2 screens)

So hahaha

BTW you are still a whimp...

~Bob

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
Worst movie/actor, etc... of the year.
Oh, well thats no surprise. The movie was made for one purpose, to look like Doom3.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, bought the movie today. Still had the same shock vaule it had at the THX theater. Pretty good special features. 4 out 5 I guess.

SheepStar

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I just got it out of the plastic wrap!:D I'll probably watch it later this evening.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
mike c said:
nobody is beating tom cruise there.
LOL. I'll probably pick it up as a rental just because I like a good popcorn flick now and again, and violence/gore don't bug me. I loved Doom2 with the NIN soundtrack...

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Well, I was surprised to see that all four rental places near me were out of it, so I just went and bought it...

Pretty good LFE, but extremely predictable with a cheesy plot. However, I'm sure this movie wasn't meant to be epic and thought provoking. :p

The FPS scene was pretty cool though, that certainly lived up to my expectations.

~Chuck

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I loved it! Sure, no one will nominate it for any Oscar awards, but neither did it deserve its Razzie noms. The effects were good, and aside from some dicey casting choices I thought they did a good job.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis