Don't go hunting with the V.P.!!

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
The vice president managed to shoot someone I see. He took his anger out on a 78 year old - I wonder if he was a democrat :D .

I'm trying to picture in my head how this went down, and for some reason I see a cross between Grumpy Old Men and an Elmer Fudd cartoon. Seriously, that had to be downright hilarious!! I bet some secret service guys are having a pretty good laugh over this one.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
alandamp said:
The vice president managed to shoot someone I see. He took his anger out on a 78 year old - I wonder if he was a democrat :D .

I'm trying to picture in my head how this went down, and for some reason I see a cross between Grumpy Old Men and an Elmer Fudd cartoon. Seriously, that had to be downright hilarious!! I bet some secret service guys are having a pretty good laugh over this one.
He is a Republican alright, but this one is really funny!! Lol..What's up with this old man...hahaha:D

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
Is it because he is a Republican that a near fatal accident is funny or would that be just as funny if he was a Dem. I don't get it. Nothing makes the maiming of someone funny no matter which side of the isle you stand on.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing makes the maiming of someone funny no matter which side of the isle you stand on.
Sure it does.

BUAHAHAHAHAHA...... I keed I keed. :rolleyes: :)

SheepStar

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
race4aliving said:
Is it because he is a Republican that a near fatal accident is funny or would that be just as funny if he was a Dem. I don't get it. Nothing makes the maiming of someone funny no matter which side of the isle you stand on.
The party affiliation has nothing to do with it. I'm not one of those Democrat or Republican bashers.

I just think it's funny that a couple of old guys were running around with guns, and one of them shot the other one. If you don't think it's funny, then you need to watch more TV and movie violence - you obviously aren't fully desensitized like me ;) .

According to the news report, the hunter returned to the group unannounced after having left previously (that's not good) and Cheney was following a duck up and to his right... he swept across the place where the guy (who had previously left their group and came back without saying anything) was, and ended up hitting him across the face and chest.

At first it sounded funny and stupid, but when you read more you can see how it happened - and even the ranch owner (present at the time) isn't blaming the VP but the guy who walked back up unannounced.

news article

W

WHALER

Audioholic Intern
I don't get it either. When is someone getting shot FUNNY? Would you want someone so immature dating your daughter, work in your family business or be a member of your towns Police department? I think not! Time to grow up.

majorloser

majorloser

Well, first of all, it was only bird shot and it was at a distance. It doesn't go deep under the skin since it's such small shot. It was also a 28 gauge, much smaller load than a 12 gauge and not much bigger than a .410 gauge.

Not funny when you get that under your skin but not life threatening by a long shot. Not much worse than a load of rock salt (and that can't be pulled out)

The guy ought to be glad he wasn't deer hunting with the VP. A load of 00 buck shot would have been a different story. :(

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
majorloser said:
Well, first of all, it was only bird shot and it was at a distance. It doesn't go deep under the skin since it's such small shot. It was also a 28 gauge, much smaller load than a 12 gauge and not much bigger than a .410 gauge.

Not funny when you get that under your skin but not life threatening by a long shot. Not much worse than a load of rock salt (and that can't be pulled out)

The guy ought to be glad he wasn't deer hunting with the VP. A load of 00 buck shot would have been a different story. :(
Listen to the majorloser. He explained it beautifully.

Obviously some of you have never been shot with a gun before. It hurts like hell, but you laugh it off later. Lighten up!!!

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
I think the fellow was a lawyer....that may or may not have any bearing.

Sounds a lot like when Gerald Ford used to go golfing...your best bet was to stand behind him.

Mort

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I wouldn't let the old fart play with one my remotes.

Who gave him a gun to play with?

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I guess he's seen Wedding Crashers a few too many times...

~Chuck

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Kill the wabbit...

Since I first heard this story, I keep hearing this in my head

http://www.wavsource.com/tv/looney2.htm

scroll down to the bottom and click on Kill wabbit2

I know its not funny to the guy who got peppered, but I'm sorry, I keep laughing, wondering if Cheney was singing this to himself.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
I gotta wonder what the first thought that went through that the VP's head after the accident.

Oh, poop, look what I have done.

Or

Darn, now they won't let me play with the big guns.

Seriously, getting shot is not fun. Or funny. But sometimes the only thing we can do is laugh. Mostly we are laughing at ourselves.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
sjdgpt said:
I see said the blind man as the deaf mute hammered the nail into his thumb.
can you please explain that to me? :confused:
why would the deaf mute (who can see) hammer a nail into the blind man's thumb.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
alandamp said:
Listen to the majorloser. He explained it beautifully.

Obviously some of you have never been shot with a gun before. It hurts like hell, but you laugh it off later. Lighten up!!!
Yeah I have been shot before more then once and it does hurt like hell, and you ?

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Nomo, Im sure your remotes are much more complicated than any gun I have ever seen...:p

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
race4aliving said:
Yeah I have been shot before more then once and it does hurt like hell, and you ?
Yes, that's why I brought it up. Like I said, something to laugh about later.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
alandamp said:
Yes, that's why I brought it up. Like I said, something to laugh about later.
If those of you who don't think it's funny...it's better not to suck the fun out of the rest who still think it is funny. We can laugh at our own stupidity because we love our lives and always try to be honest to ourselves that we can be so stupid/careless.
Lighten up a bit...Life is funny even at its worst day!:D (at least for me!)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis