Dolby Atmos : not working from streaming device

S

sameer.patel

Audioholic Intern
I have onkyo atmos receiver and atmos setup, when I play the blu Ray DVD , atmos is activated and work fine but it’s not working on Netflix. I have tried 2020 roku, 2020 fire stick which support atmos but still I am not getting any atmos content, it’s still coming 5.1 for streaming apps.

Anyone know which device I can use to get atmos from Netflix ? Or am I doing something wrong here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Which models of Roku and Firestick are you using to stream? Roku Ultra will get you atmos passthrough. Different models of Firestick support atmos from Netflix. Here is a list from Netflix but not sure if updates have changed things.
7D077F2A-2174-44D9-8520-88119A50F4BC.jpeg
3C921582-F4B1-49F9-8E6E-131DE802B840.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have onkyo atmos receiver and atmos setup, when I play the blu Ray DVD , atmos is activated and work fine but it’s not working on Netflix. I have tried 2020 roku, 2020 fire stick which support atmos but still I am not getting any atmos content, it’s still coming 5.1 for streaming apps.

Anyone know which device I can use to get atmos from Netflix ? Or am I doing something wrong here.

Does your Netflix app indicate it (the particular movie) is available in DD+ / Atmos?

S

sameer.patel

Audioholic Intern
Does your Netflix app indicate it (the particular movie) is available in DD+ / Atmos?
No it’s only show 5.1, I tried same movie on my friends TV (Sony and using Sony Netflix streaming ) and it’s showing atmos as audio

S

sameer.patel

Audioholic Intern
Which models of Roku and Firestick are you using to stream? Roku Ultra will get you atmos passthrough. Different models of Firestick support atmos from Netflix. Here is a list from Netflix but not sure if updates have changed things.
View attachment 45003View attachment 45004
Roku express as description says it’s compatible for atmos, I will try roku ultra

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No it’s only show 5.1, I tried same movie on my friends TV (Sony and using Sony Netflix streaming ) and it’s showing atmos as audio

Different device apps can have different capabilities. Is yours plain old Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) ? (do you have an avr that can tell you which you're processing?)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, and sometimes atmos is locked out even in 4K if HDR is not on. It’s all a mess.

S

sameer.patel

Audioholic Intern
Different device apps can have different capabilities. Is yours plain old Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) ? (do you have an avr that can tell you which you're processing?)
Yes my ar tell me, digital Dolby

S

sameer.patel

Audioholic Intern
I used roku ultra and it worked out, thanks all.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
So how does one know if the Atmos signals are being sent to the height speakers?
I have 4 heights and set them up correctly but when listening I dont really hear any heights sounds.

I have 7.1.4

See images

So I have Top Middle & Top Rear Heights

When I hit the info button I do see the input and output signal coning in and going out as Atmos and the PINK color highlighted as the Height Speakers.

I am using VUDU, Netflix, Apple TV4K as streamers

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis