Dog parks and obtuse dog owners

jinjuku

jinjuku

I go to a multiple section dog park: Over 30 lbs and Under. There with my dog 45lbs for an hour with others all going fine. Until a couple show up with some copper top beagles. Maybe 20 lbs.

Owners get upset with me and another owner because our dogs start playing with theirs and the beagles, being beagles, aren't interested and keep getting buffalo'd.

So the owners start getting upset and how we need to 'control' our dogs. Both of us look at each other then let them know everything has been fine for the past hour until they showed up.

I'm at the point in my life I'm going to say what I'm going to say and said "hey you f-ing morons there's a 30lb and under dog park right over there". Then it got heated after that. We both kept telling them to take their dogs to the park meant for them or just deal with it. Then they threatened our dogs and we got the imbeciles kicked out.

Fun day.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I've noticed small dog owners are more paranoid and relentless, whereas larger dogs are more 'friendly' at parks. I've always had little dogs and not by choice, and always chose to have them around larger dogs mostly because the owners were more down to earth.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Small dog vs big is simply a matter of physics. I'm not sure why some owners can't sort the obviousness of it for themselves. It' was a pretty good 3 way yelling match. We got the park officer involved and they made the small dog owners leave. They even started arguing with the officer and he's looking at them and their undersized dogs and told them either go to the small park or take your chances in the big park. When that wasn't good enough he kicked them the hell out.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Small dog vs big is simply a matter of physics. I'm not sure why some owners can't sort the obviousness of it for themselves. It' was a pretty good 3 way yelling match. We got the park officer involved and they made the small dog owners leave. They even started arguing with the officer and he's looking at them and their undersized dogs and told them either go to the small park or take your chances in the big park. When that wasn't good enough he kicked them the hell out.
They don't get it because their little, tiny minds are so similar to that of a little, tiny dog's mind. "Yap. Yap. Yap".

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What kind of asshole dog owner would threaten someone's dog!?

jinjuku

jinjuku

What kind of asshole dog owner would threaten someone's dog!?
My experience is overreaching people will overreach with everyone including the Park Officer :) The funny thing is the beagle was small enough that he was one arm carrying it. Go to the small dog park.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I have a small horse (cane corso) and have only had issues with other people's dogs that aren't socialized... much like their care takers.

His best friend is a little yorkie next-door. I think being 'nice' now also means redirecting people who are clearly dissociated with reality, even if it means ending their fun for the day. Good on you!

jinjuku

jinjuku

I have a small horse (cane corso) and have only had issues with other people's dogs that aren't socialized... much like their care takers.

His best friend is a little yorkie next-door. I think being 'nice' now also means redirecting people who are clearly dissociated with reality, even if it means ending their fun for the day. Good on you!
If my dog's an ahole at the park I remove him. I just hate that having a good time with all the other dogs, not being a problem and then a problem shows up and I'm somehow the responsible party that should be doing something. I did something it just wasn't what they were expecting.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Should’ve bit them and stared barking like a maniac!!! I hate that people think they can just do whatever they want and act like everyone else is the a$$ hole. People sukk...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Just out of curiosity, is the over-30 park in some way obviously superior to the under-30 park?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Just out of curiosity, is the over-30 park in some way obviously superior to the under-30 park?
It's larger. The under 30 has a dog course. The larger has a graveled walking path with 1/2 wooded. So I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. But all the dog parks here are weight separated and there's even signage that pretty much warns you about taking your smaller dog into the larger park. You know pointing out the obvious....

S

ssmaudio

Audioholic Intern
Having been a dog owner for the last 30 years (now with two terrier puppies), I just love the face that dogs have taken over Audioholics! That’s all I gotta say.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
It's larger. The under 30 has a dog course. The larger has a graveled walking path with 1/2 wooded. So I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. But all the dog parks here are weight separated and there's even signage that pretty much warns you about taking your smaller dog into the larger park. You know pointing out the obvious....
Can’t say for sure, but based on this I suspect the troublemakers think small dogs and their owners are being slighted. I’m not defending them, I just like to try to understand why foolish people act as they do.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If my dog's an ahole at the park I remove him. I just hate that having a good time with all the other dogs, not being a problem and then a problem shows up and I'm somehow the responsible party that should be doing something. I did something it just wasn't what they were expecting.
This is why I didn't take my dogs to the dog park. The "smaller" one was 150lb ball of happy fuzz and the big one was 165lb of sweetness. Big dog was a very intimidating Rottweiler, but he could play with a 10lb dog without issue as well as a 120lb dog and be more aggressive with them, but never over the line.

He made people nervous, but it wasn't warranted. If other dogs got aggressive with him he'd just look at me like "they serious?" And just ignore them. It was funny to see him just lay down on them until they calmed down.

But, people freak out so they didn't get to go out to play. Poor boys.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Can’t say for sure, but based on this I suspect the troublemakers think small dogs and their owners are being slighted. I’m not defending them, I just like to try to understand why foolish people act as they do.
I like some small dogs, like Beagles, but if someone wants a dog, they should get a dog, not an accessory.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis