Dog parks and obtuse dog owners

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This is why I didn't take my dogs to the dog park. The "smaller" one was 150lb ball of happy fuzz and the big one was 165lb of sweetness. Big dog was a very intimidating Rottweiler, but he could play with a 10lb dog without issue as well as a 120lb dog and be more aggressive with them, but never over the line.

He made people nervous, but it wasn't warranted. If other dogs got aggressive with him he'd just look at me like "they serious?" And just ignore them. It was funny to see him just lay down on them until they calmed down.

But, people freak out so they didn't get to go out to play. Poor boys.
Some breeds have a bad reputation, just because so many people are ignorant. Rottweilers and Pitt Bulls are two of these and I suppose Dobermans can be included (not the Dobermans from Night Court, though). When I rented, my friends had Dobermans and they were pretty goofy, but if trained to be violent or abused/ignored/abandoned, they're dangerous. The next renter in other unit got a Rottweiler without me knowing anything about it and the first time I came home, it was in the back yard with no way for me to enter the house without opening a gate to the yard. I made friends with it through the fence and everything was fine.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm kidding about dogs but I have noticed that short people hate being patted on the head.
I guess that depends on who's patting them on the head. If she's hot, I'll be her dog.

Just sayin'.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Any guesses who the small dog owner voted for in the last election? ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Any guesses who the small dog owner voted for in the last election? ;)
F^%&ing Trump and that's not a guess. If you want to make it about politics then you're on. That little white pooch's name is Trump. The moron who named the dog has some sort of sleep apnea that results in the loss of brain cells with every sleep cycle.

Any guesses which poster in this thread is an a$$hole for asserting that every single negative trait is the domain of his opposing political party?

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I suspect small dog owners who behave like that are "over-compensating" for their personal "short" comings. I just don't know about a dog that my cat could eat. Course, my 10 lb cat forced a 100 lb Wolfhound to back down. That cat takes crap from nobody.

The dog park I used to go to had the weight split as well. Never had issues while I was there. But the big dog area was larger than the small dog area...probably because the dogs are large and need the space to run. Hence the whole point of a dog park. Most people in the large dog area were great and cleaned up the poo or provided water for all dogs.

As far as large dogs, I've met some great ones and met some that we kinda a-holes. I think 90% of it is how they are raised. Met a rottweiler once that really was just a big lug that wanted to be loved. He liked to eat bricks. Like literal bricks. I'd like to get a large dog like a Newfie or Dane, or a Cane, or Tibetan Mastiff. But getting that past the boss... Plus I don't have the time to properly train a puppy. Unfortunately.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
How did this become about me?

I'm kidding about dogs but I have noticed that short people hate being patted on the head.
I didn't make any comments about you. All I said is whoever this guy is why would he threaten someone's dog? As a dog owner and lover I would not ever threaten someone's dog.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Some dog owners give their pets good lives filled with love and the attention. Other dog owners are human garbage that only an animal bred for human companionship could love. I hadn't noticed a correlation to the size of the dog.

I didn't make any comments about you.
Not everyone thinks I'm funny but that doesn't stop me from trying. I just liked the way all the comments worked to allow me the position of playing the role of a witless antagonist being defensive. And I thought it read better without smilies. ;)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Some dog owners give their pets good lives filled with love and the attention. Other dog owners are human garbage that only an animal bred for human companionship could love. I hadn't noticed a correlation to the size of the dog.

Not everyone thinks I'm funny but that doesn't stop me from trying. I just liked the way all the comments worked to allow me the position of playing the role of a witless antagonist being defensive. And I thought it read better without smilies. ;)
Tough to read sarcasm or any emotion in text.

highfigh

highfigh

I suspect small dog owners who behave like that are "over-compensating" for their personal "short" comings. I just don't know about a dog that my cat could eat. Course, my 10 lb cat forced a 100 lb Wolfhound to back down. That cat takes crap from nobody.
When I was a kid, we got a white Siamese kitten with deep blue eyes. It was in its harness one day and a neighbor's full-grown Boxer came into the yard and the kitten chased it out. That was pretty funny- just like a cartoon.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve got another one. Not a dog park “thing” but an obtuse dog owner beef. First off, I do love animals. I really do. But wtf is with all these people putting a vest on wolfie, and calling him a “service dog”? I don’t even think most of em are certified, or whatever but I gotta deal with Fido when I’m at the Fukkin grocery store cause _______ can’t deal? Emotional support animal... I’m gonna bring my larger support animal to eat yours because of the trauma your animal caused me in dealing with IT.
Or dumm fukks who let their dogs bark all the time. Some people even think it’s cute! Yep, my neighbor has a couple yappers and they think it’s hilarious how they rile each other up. I’ve gave them “what for” but IM the dikk because I’m irritated by their stupid mutts carrying on?
Where do all these narcissists come from anymore? Facebook?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The last time I had a Facebook account, I had to look up the word misogynist. Somebody called me one. Not only did I not know what it meant, I didn't know hating women was a thing. I love women. The only B word I ever call a woman is beautiful. Bitches love being called beautiful.

Our condo has a no pets policy but there is a guy with a support animal. His face looks like a grenade went off in it. I don't begrudge him his pooch. Nice guy, nice dog ... lives on a different floor so it never sh!ts in our hall, no problem.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The last time I had a Facebook account, I had to look up the word misogynist. Somebody called me one. Not only did I not know what it meant, I didn't know hating women was a thing. I love women. The only B word I ever call a woman is beautiful. Bitches love being called beautiful.

Our condo has a no pets policy but there is a guy with a support animal. His face looks like a grenade went off in it. I don't begrudge him his pooch. Nice guy, nice dog ... lives on a different floor so it never sh!ts in our hall, no problem.
B’s do love being called B!!! Lol.

If someone needs a support animal, I want them to have one. Really. But there are a LOT of people using the support animal thing to bring their regular old mutt in because they got turned in to the home owners association for leaving Fido toed up to a tree. Or whatever...

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I just liked the way all the comments worked to allow me the position of playing the role of a witless antagonist being defensive.
A role you were born to play.

Now let's see. Someone ignores the rules, challenges anyone who points it out, and needs to be expelled. If the shoe fits... (And yes, though I know it's hard to believe, any group made up of half the country will have some jerks.) I can say this dog owner is not typical of the conservatives I know.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I’ve got another one. Not a dog park “thing” but an obtuse dog owner beef. First off, I do love animals. I really do. But wtf is with all these people putting a vest on wolfie, and calling him a “service dog”? I don’t even think most of em are certified, or whatever but I gotta deal with Fido when I’m at the Fukkin grocery store cause _______ can’t deal? Emotional support animal... I’m gonna bring my larger support animal to eat yours because of the trauma your animal caused me in dealing with IT.
Or dumm fukks who let their dogs bark all the time. Some people even think it’s cute! Yep, my neighbor has a couple yappers and they think it’s hilarious how they rile each other up. I’ve gave them “what for” but IM the dikk because I’m irritated by their stupid mutts carrying on?
I think it's awesome for people to be able to take their animals in public places. But I check the door before I go in, many do say "service animal only" and despite mine having a harness - for his car seat belt - I do get asked a lot if he is a service animal.

My reply is, "Nope, just a sweet boy that needed a home, and is being raised to be a civilized member of society."

Of course I want him socialized, I never expected the crowd he can draw when we go shopping. I literally have to budget 30+ extra minutes for all the people who stop in their tracks and want to meet him.

highfigh

highfigh

Of course I want him socialized, I never expected the crowd he can draw when we go shopping. I literally have to budget 30+ extra minutes for all the people who stop in their tracks and want to meet him.
Dogs are chick magnets.

Just sayin'.

highfigh

highfigh

Personally, I would rather deal with dogs than many of the people I deal with.

Just a thought- when someone acts like a DB with a good dog, ask why they can't be more like the dog.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis