Do you use CC for music?

one more time

one more time

Junior Audioholic
You wanna clarify that question? Most music is recorded in 2.0

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How would you use the cc in 2.1 or 4.1 speaker setups? Or you have some sources in mind that are 2.1 or 4.1?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Assuming the listening system is capable, I listen to music with the number of channels (+.2) that it is recorded in. The exception is mono which I listen to in 2-channel.

So SACD and DVD-A are in 5-channel, CD is in 2-channel, is there a 7 or 11-channel BD-A?!? I need to get that if so.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I prefer to listen to music in stereo 2 CH only. It just sounds better that way to me. Others may like to use their CC. We all have different tastes. :)

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Assuming the listening system is capable, I listen to music with the number of channels (+.2) that it is recorded in. The exception is mono which I listen to in 2-channel.

So SACD and DVD-A are in 5-channel, CD is in 2-channel, is there a 7 or 11-channel BD-A?!? I need to get that if so.
Yes there are 7.1.4 Atmos Blu-ray Audio discs out now. I know INXS Kick was re-released in that format in 2018. Not sure if many others are out yet.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
What I really want to know is does my AVR add a center channel from the L+R channel?

When streaming music how do you know what format it was recorded in? I’m assuming since it’s stereo there only 2 original tracks. Are there some that have more? If it’s over BT is it always 2 channel (stereo)?

My only degree is from my wife ( the THIRD) and LE.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What I really want to know is does my AVR add a center channel from the L+R channel?

When streaming music how do you know what format it was recorded in? I’m assuming since it’s stereo there only 2 original tracks. Are there some that have more? If it’s over BT is it always 2 channel?
Not aware of any streaming service that offers multi-ch, just 2ch. Not heard of multi-ch bluetooth either. If you have a center and use an upmixer (like various Dolby/DTS sound modes for example) the avr will matrix/create a "center" channel.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

When streaming music how do you know what format it was recorded in? I’m assuming since it’s stereo there only 2 original tracks. Are there some that have more? If it’s over BT is it always 2 channel?
Based on a couple conversations I had, most streaming isn't going to be multi-channel, even if the original disc, say, was encoded for 5.1.
Have never bothered confirming, as it hasn't mattered so much to me thus far. *shrugs

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I go back and forth between , "Straight" "Dolby Surround", and "Pure Direct" on my Yamaha 3060. Dolby Surround uses the center and my Ascend acoustics horizon is absolutely fantastic, so it gets a lot use for music.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My source for music is 2Ch.

But I use 5.1.4 for music - NeuralX or DSU on my Yamaha CX-A5100.

I think it sounds better than any 5.1CH SACD or DVDA I have ever owned.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis