Do you think aliens/UFOs exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
furrycute said:
Oh believe me, those battles were fought with more than just shovels. And the battles in Illiad and Oddyssey were fought with more than just silver spoons.

All historical accounts from several thousand years ago have to be taken with a grain of salt. Actually even accounts from within our life time have to be taken with a grain of salt as well. As to why you have to insist on taking the bible literally is beyond me.
.....yes, Furrycoat, I take The Bible literally, as I consider it the all-important Word left for us....some things I don't really understand, but I am taught within, that conditions are such that I can only be compared to viewing through a glass darkly....I therefore don't dwell on the things I don't understand, and that works well for me, with much being understable quite with ease.....

.....here's a muleism....concerning "Marriage Insurance", for the marital contract....looking from both perspectives....

.....what better chance does your marriage have, in this day especially, if both you and your wife consider yourselves accountable first, to God?....

.....guys, I said one time the only thing a man had to do according to The Bible concerning his wife was love her....there's more....but only one more....the man is admonished to be the priest of his home.....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
mulester7 said:
.....yes, Furrycoat, I take The Bible literally,
mulester7 said:
Which one?
I am not a bible scholar but I am sure there are many translations from something written in the past. Are you iomplying that all the translations are exactly the same? If not, which one do you consider to be the 'gold standard' in translation? Based on what evidence???
And, after all, mortal men wrote all the parts.

as I consider it the all-important Word left for us...

A huge consideration.

.some things I don't really understand,

No wonder, they were written a very long time ago.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
mtrycrafts said:
[I am not a bible scholar but I am sure there are many translations from something written in the past. Are you implying that all the translations are exactly the same? If not, which one do you consider to be the 'gold standard' in translation? Based on what evidence???
And, after all, mortal men wrote all the parts
.....I especially like "The Living Bible", Mtrycrafts, and that translation is about as modern-day as it can be said and is still endorsed full-range....they make it in a Red-Letter edition also....look for a dark-green leather look.....in a Red-Letter editon Bible, the words of Jesus are in red, compared to normal black lettering when He is not speaking....definitely worth any small price difference....and yes, Mtrycrafts, mortal men wrote the whole thing....including Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Saint John.....

Last edited:
furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Mods, as the starter of this original thread, I think this thread has run its course with regard to those damned aliens. Please lock up this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis