Do you need a high speed HDMI for dolby atmos?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Is it important to have a high speed hdmi cable especially if youre using dolby atmos?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More about the video than the audio, and what your requirements for video are. I wouldn't buy anything less than a high speed hdmi cable in any case....

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Are monoprices high speed hdmi cables ok?

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Are monoprices high speed hdmi cables ok?
Yup. They're pretty great overall. About as high of quality as anything else out there. Amazon Basics cables are also good. No need to spend the $$$ on AudioQuest, Monster, or any of the other pretty cables they carry at the big box stores. FWIW, Monoprice does carry some fancy, pretty cables too, but they're well priced so worth it. My favorite cables overall though are the Binary brand cables (SnapAV) you can get from your local integrators. They're not as cheap as Monoprice, but their quality is great and all I'll use for professional installs now. Primarily due to the little prongs they have on the head so they don't walk themselves back out of ports. Either way, you usually can't go wrong with Monoprice cables.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Ya my entertainment center is just off to the side of the projector by the wall. My room is only 12' wide.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
WIll this cable be better than the other one I posted since its 4k @ 60hz?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Whats YUV mean in an hdmi cable? And whats the best? 4.4.4?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If he has devices capable of 4:4:4 chroma output and display.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis